Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Stephen Donnelly needs to be replaced as well urgently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

flynnlives wrote: »
    You can be confident hogan didnt comply with 14 days quarantine.

He says he arrived in "late July" hmmm why not be specific Phil and give us the date?
    That will be the one thing that will do for him if some good investigative reporter does their job.
    He already has the EU saying he complied fully with 14 day isolation - maybe he did, maybe he didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

“Have spoken with the Taoiseach. He has refused my request to recall the Dáil.
    He is wrong. The government is increasingly chaotic, confused, with no direction. They must be held to account.” Tweet from Mary Lou in last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MFPM

boardise wrote: »
    But what would a recall actually achieve apart from producing reams of competitive outrage from the opposition. ( I could see Alan Kelly spontaneously combusting ! )
    A statement from the Taoiseach ( and possibly LV and ER) followed by a press conference would do more to calm the atmosphere - fanning the flames of hysteria won't do the country any good. Cool heads will win the day.

That's a silly response. Why have an oireachtas at all then - just have press conferences.

The Dail is where government's are held to account and they should be held to account over what's going on but more importantly to be held to account over the messy communication in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

bound to be more selfish government types involved too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

BPKS wrote: »
    Sean O Rourkes attendance at this also goes to show the cozy relationship between the houses of the Oireachtas, the judiciary and the media that should be keeping them in check.

This is the guy who spent years grilling government politicians for not being perfect in their policy execution. Looks like a bit of a hypocrite now eh ?
    Just another well paid media shít stirrer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

David Brent might be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Tippex wrote: »
    He is wrong. The government is increasingly chaotic, confused, with no direction. They must be held to account.” Tweet from Mary Lou in last few minutes.

Did Mary Lou want to discuss the funeral etiquette and how people who break the rules step down from their position in the Republic and not in NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

They seem to be held to a higher account that those who attended a certain funeral, Mary Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's a game of dominoes now.
    Not all of the 81 have at risk positions, that they can be pressured to retire from.
    But Dara Calleary had.
    As soon as he resigned, Buttimer had to resign too.
    The 3rd domino in the line is Phil Hogan.
    Any of the other other dominoes further down the line, (looking at you Seamus Wolfe), will be hoping that Phil's neck can tough it out, because as long as he refuses to budge, the rest of them are safe.
    Interesting times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

JRant wrote: »
    Au contraire, politicians passed legislation and published strict guidelines, while also giving Garda powers they've never had before. People were forced to close businesses, cancel weddings, bury relatives in ways that we would never normally do, and all the other limitations they have put on our lives. Is it too much to ask that the very ones supposed to be leading the country abide by the very rules they brought in?

How many people have been brought to court for having gatherings? Larger than 50 people are not discourged from meeting in certain buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Why?

I cannot wait for the press conference later where they have the balls to extend the Kildare lockdown. I hope to god that the media tear them apart completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I'm blown away by the high regard that this person for whom the event was organised, is held.
    Who was the dinner for? I genuinely have no idea but whoever it was must have delivered a lot of favours over the years or something because men who decided they absolutely had to be there are now dropping like flies from their jobs. Mad.

Mark Killilea Jnr. Former Galway FF TD and MEP who died in 2018. His father was also a FF TD. Mark was very loyal to Haughey.

His son is a FF councillor trying to get elected to the Dail from Galway East.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Why?

He's useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He might be worried that he will end up back with the health job if this keeps going the way it is!
    Or Agriculture, imagine that!

JRant wrote: »
    Au contraire, politicians passed legislation and published strict guidelines, while also giving Garda powers they've never had before. People were forced to close businesses, cancel weddings, bury relatives in ways that we would never normally do, and all the other limitations they have put on our lives. Is it too much to ask that the very ones supposed to be leading the country abide by the very rules they brought in?

I'm fully on board with those involved being held to full account.
    My point is that the response of '.. why did I bother following the guidelines when Dara Calleary didn't..' is a childish reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Funny how some people here seem to be holding Sinn Féin, who had no input into the restrictions that the Clifden 81 broke, to a higher standard than the Government.

Why?

If he falls off that wall, all the king's horses and all the king's men............

I'm fully on board with those involved being held to full account.
    My point is that the response of '.. why did I bother following the guidelines when Dara Calleary didn't..' is a childish reaction.

It's no so much "why should I do it if he didn't" as "obeying the restrictions can't be that important if the people drawing them up can't be bothered doing so".

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »
    Did Mary Lou want to discuss the funeral etiquette and how people who break the rules step down from their position in the Republic and not in NI?

How am I meant to know? I mearly posted what she tweeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

It’s not actually it’s quite reasonable. Stink of 2008 we’re all in this together off of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Comerman wrote: »
    My brother was diagnosed with cancer at the start of the covid ****e, we couldn't go see him in the hospital. He was sent home with no hope of recovery and we were told we cannot travel to see him (I'm 10 minutes from his house) Ma (85) is 20 minutes away, he died after 3 months and only 10 were allowed in the church, we couldn't walk behind the hearse and these pricks think it's grand to go party an celebrate 50 years of a ****in golf society after telling us we can't celebrate our brothers/sons 62 years of life. ****

Really sorry to hear that.

This bunch of entitled pricks have no appreciation of what ordinary people have had to go through. And I include SF with their fake funeral in that. Fcuk 'em all.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

I cannot wait for the press conference later where they have the balls to extend the Kildare lockdown. I hope to god that the media tear them apart completely.

Extended Kildare lockdown...with an exemption for Phil Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Noel Dempsey. A lad who helped drive the country off a cliff.

This just gets better.

And who now describes himself as a Consultant with great high level contacts.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/noel-dempsey-02616132

Now including an EU Commissioner and a Supreme Court judge, not to mention a prominent Co. Clare G.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Government are clearly very concerned about this. There's none of the usual attempts to power through it or wait for it all to blow over, MM and LV are throwing everyone under the bus.

Varadkar has had nothing to say about Hogan. How is that throwing everyone under the bus.

Varadkar has had nothing to say about Hogan. How is that throwing everyone under the bus.

Yeah that's a fair point. I'm just surprised that they didn't try pulling the usual "nothing to see here" act at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lads losing their sh;t at a harmless event in Galway while billions have been flushed away over the last 6 months with barely a peep.

The Irish electorate get the exactly the politicians they deserve, they are a bunch of children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

boardise wrote: »
    This is the guy who spent years grilling government politicians for not being perfect in their policy execution. Looks like a bit of a hypocrite now eh ?
    Just another well paid media shít stirrer.

Grilling? Lol. Eh no he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭4Ad

josip wrote: »
    It's a game of dominoes now.
    Not all of the 81 have at risk positions, that they can be pressured to retire from.
    But Dara Calleary had.
    As soon as he resigned, Buttimer had to resign too.
    The 3rd domino in the line is Phil Hogan.
    Any of the other other dominoes further down the line, (looking at you Seamus Wolfe), will be hoping that Phil's neck can tough it out, because as long as he refuses to budge, the rest of them are safe.
    Interesting times.

Arrigant Phil Hogan resign? I doubt it very very much..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement