Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Sorry did you say picket or Brick it? I'm game for the latter, can't leave the county so might as well get some exercise in.

Use golf balls, might donate some to the dail myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    "A spokeswoman for the European Commission told Reuters that Hogan attended the event “in good faith”.

As I said, if this is untrue (they basically repeated what he said and took it at face value) that is what will do him.

Yep all 81 attended in good faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Witness now saying no masks were worn at the event now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis the anger on Liveline about this is palpable, lots ringing up about not being able to attend funerals and others having to cancel weddings yet the Clifden 81 are having a hooley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

"A spokeswoman for the European Commission told Reuters that Hogan attended the event “in good faith”.

As I said, if this is untrue (they basically repeated what he said and took it at face value) that is what will do him.

Oh right...sorry,I thought the implication was that they backed him in saying said that he quarantined.... my bad:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Just hearing Brian Hayes was there also. Good luck.

Ohh yea the creme de la creme of irish society
    Apparently the rats and the cockroaches were fighting over the poison and the traps....

(Thank you les dawson)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Witness now saying no masks were worn at the event now.

Why would they have been wearing masks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

If someone at the gathering tests positive for the virus in the next week or so it will get more serious again.

Positive cases mean nothing by themselves. The real metric are deaths and ICU admissions while accounting for lag. This pandemic is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

You would think the politicians would be taking more precautions.
    The average Irish politician is
    -Overweight
    -Over the hill

The lack of judgement, from judges and legislators, is damning and undermines their credibility in making sound decisions. Whether arrogance or poor judgement, it is very worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Does 81 include the hotel service staff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭josip

Allinall wrote: »
    Why would they have been wearing masks?

To conceal their identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Penn wrote: »
    The number of people dying or getting sick from the virus is low BECAUSE of the restrictions.

mad how people cannot grasp this simple fact.

Does 81 include the hotel service staff?

Nope...they’re inconsequential,so not included in the numbers....although if it was a wedding the staff numbers are included in the 50....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

Muahahaha wrote: »
    jaysis the anger on Liveline about this is palpable, lots ringing up about not being able to attend funerals and others having to cancel weddings yet the Clifden 81 are having a hooley

The had to be more than 81 people there. They didn't get up from the table themselves and started cooking also the food didn't walk by itself to there table either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Penn wrote: »
    The number of people dying or getting sick from the virus is low BECAUSE of the restrictions.

That's not true, there is no evidence to back that assertion and if you look at Sweden they didn't have a lock-down or restrictions and their fatality rate is only slightly higer than ours.

Argentina has been on severe lockdown for four months and it hasn't impacted cases.

Japan also had no lockdown and they have low numbers

So there is no co-relation btw restrictions and a reduction in the number in cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

It's a nonsensical term anyway. Who ever attends anything "in bad faith?"

Utterly meaningless blather. Typical Hogan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Paudge Connolly Monaghan Councillor was at the Golf Society do in Galway.

He also played golf in Spain 11 days ago. He did not quarantine before going to Galway.

https://twitter.com/delzer/status/1296798683200200714?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Oh right...sorry,I thought the implication was that they backed him in saying said that he quarantined.... my bad:eek:
    Oh no, they did! Unfortunately i heard it on radio, the spokeswoman in Brussels and can't remeber it word for word but she did say hogan has confirmed he isolated for 14 days as per 'local rules'
    Can't find it online yet, that bit i quoted isn't very clear

Oh no, they did! Unfortunately i heard it on radio, the spokeswoman in Brussels and can't remeber it word for word but she did say hogan has confirmed he isolated for 14 days as per 'local rules'
    Can't find it online yet, that bit i quoted isn't very clear

Oh Jaysus....please please let someone find evidence to the contrary....

froog wrote: »
    mad how people cannot grasp this simple fact.

It's pointless arguing the fact with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i hope they had a good night in all honestly as long as they kept their distance to each other.
    I actually applaud them, it's what everyone else is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

That's not true, there is no evidence to back that assertion and if you look at Sweden they didn't have a lock-down or restrictions and their fatality rate is only slightly higer than ours.

Argentina has been on severe lockdown for four months and it hasn't impacted cases.

Japan also had no lockdown and they have low numbers

So there is no co-relation btw restrictions and a reduction in the number in cases.

no evidence?? we had nearly 80 deaths a day at one point. we locked down, now we have 0-2 deaths a day.

He also played golf in Spain 11 days ago. He did not quarantine before going to Galway.

This gets better and better::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Longing wrote: »
    The had to be more than 81 people there. They didn't get up from the table themselves and started cooking also the food didn't walk by itself to there table either.

I hope you're sitting down when you read this because it will clearly come as a major shock to you to discover that the event took place in an hotel! You know, one of those places with bedrooms and kitchens and serving staff and bars and all that fancy kind of stuff?

In fact, someone who is currently staying at the said hotel has already posted on this thread and, as far as I know, he hasn't mentioned having had to cook his own dinner.

He'll be the first of many to be caught out. It's times like this you can be grateful for social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭josip

You really have to hand it to certain people how stupid they are, posting their questionable private activities for the whole world to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Maybe the photos will be part of the weekend's slant on this story. You'd have thought the Examiner will have kept something back to give the story an extra kick for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I wish I had the blinkers the FFG supporters have. Life would be so much simpler I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's pointless arguing the fact with them.

Yeah. Trying to argue it with them is like banging your head off a brick wall when the other person doesn't understand how putting a pillow in front of the wall would make it hurt less.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭dere34

Did anyone hear the hateful Allison ****ing Morris from the Irish News this morning defending them all? **** has blocked me on Twitter for arguing her bull****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement