Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Positive cases mean nothing by themselves. The real metric are deaths and ICU admissions while accounting for lag. This pandemic is over!

BS.

The reasons why deaths are low is because the weak and elderly still isolating and cocooning.

The figures aren't great but could be worse to be honest. The figures are what we take our metric from and how we go about reacting to the situation. Don't wait until we start getting into 40-60 people a day dying. Don't let it get that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'm struggling to think of a more explosive story than this in regards Irish politics in my 47 years. Government mightn't see out the week at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'm struggling to think of a more explosive story than this in regards Irish politics in my 47 years. Government mightn't see out the week at this rate.

You must have missed the entire eighties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Just call the election now. Omnishambles.

Why? The Irish will just blindly vote them back in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

do you know anything about irish politics ?
    People having dinner after a golf outing, give over.

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »

I didn't actually. Can you not do simple maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I wonder will they be tempted to manipulate the figures down today, to ease the flak. MM is very invisible so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Maybe the photos will be part of the weekend's slant on this story. You'd have thought the Examiner will have kept something back to give the story an extra kick for the weekend.

I hope it's pictures of them ratarsed

Happy4all wrote: »
    I wonder will they be tempted to manipulate the figures down today, to ease the flak. MM is very invisible so far.

I wouldn't put it past them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He'll be the first of many to be caught out. It's times like this you can be grateful for social media.
    I agree.
    even the incident with the Chinese lady on the canal, cops said they would never find the *little sh1ts but within about two minutes they were traced back to the video.
    SM is awful 99% of the time but for this it can be a boon if in non-crazy hands.

*Mind you, nothing will be done to them anyway

• Advertisement

I didn't actually. Can you not do simple maths.

You can be alive and miss something.

Can you not do simple logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope it's pictures of them ratarsed

Hogan standing on the bar pouring drink into some other pig's mouth would be ideal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

only the dregs of society listen to that show, hence the small minded view.

Are you all right copernicus.......

The liveliness is beneath you but boards.ie is not.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i hope they had a good night in all honestly as long as they kept their distance to each other.
    I actually applaud them, it's what everyone else is doing.

If we can't have a good night out because of their bull**** restriction then neither can them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

do you know anything about irish politics ?
    People having dinner after a golf outing, give over.

People blatantly flouting the restrictions they imposed on the rest of the country the day after telling everyone else that said restrictions were straightforward and not confusing.

It's all grand though because unrelated point about Sinn Féin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

I hope you're sitting down when you read this because it will clearly come as a major shock to you to discover that the event took place in an hotel! You know, one of those places with bedrooms and kitchens and serving staff and bars and all that fancy kind of stuff?

In fact, someone who is currently staying at the said hotel has already posted on this thread and, as far as I know, he hasn't mentioned having had to cook his own dinner.

No shock, I was been sarcastic. On other threads on boards posters are saying it was only x amount no need to get work up about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

So things that have yet to be queried by the media:

- Where did Big Phil reside prior to travelling to Clifden?
    - Why was Sean O'Rourke in a clique with senior politicans while working for a state broadcaster?
    - How many of the 81 travelled from Kildare/Laois/Offaly?
    - Was Michael Martin aware of this event prior to last night?

Witness now saying no masks were worn at the event now.

What a surprise. :rolleyes: How much more evidence do the Irish need before they refuse to comply with any more of these restrictions? Why should we when the people making them can't even be bothered to follow them?

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    What a surprise. :rolleyes: How much more evidence do the Irish need before they refuse to comply with any more of these restrictions? Why should we when the people making them can't even be bothered to follow them?

Why would they have had to wear masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Imelda Henry who's only contribution to public life was being born her father's daughter is an interesting one.
    That and Lorraine Higgins, I wonder got their keys from the bowl in the residents bar.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

- Why was Sean O'Rourke in a clique with senior politicans while working for a state broadcaster?

This is a VERY important question

Imelda Henry who's only contribution to public life was being born her father's daughter is an interesting one.
    That and Lorraine Higgins, I wonder got their keys from the bowl in the residents bar.........

Why would anyone there need to have made a contribution to public life?

The fake outrage here is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Nothing from Donnie Cassidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Allinall wrote: »
    And the 70s, and the etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JJJackal wrote: »
    This is a VERY important question

he has been retired since may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

The 81 may well be fined to appease the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

he has been retired since may

Retired since May - do you think he became friends with all these people in the intervening months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

only the dregs of society listen to that show, hence the small minded view.

That's exactly why I feel that it would be the ideal mass media outlet for your views.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JJJackal wrote: »

Retired since May - do you think he became friends with all these people in the intervening months?

he has known them for a very long time. what he does in retirement is nobodies business but his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

D.Q wrote: »
    Hogan standing on the bar pouring drink into some other pig's mouth would be ideal.

523744.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement