Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If someone at the gathering tests positive for the virus in the next week or so it will get more serious again.

If that happens I will be consulting a solicitor.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

From Fine Gael's New Politics document in 2011
    Fine Gael’s starting point is simple: political failure lies at the heart of Ireland’s economic collapse. The finger of responsibility must, in the first instance, point directly to the massive policy failures of the recent Fianna-Fail led Governments and their willingness to promote the interests of a so-called “Golden Circle” over the interests of the Citizen.

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2013/08/fine-gael-new-politics-march-2010.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

If that happens I will be consulting a solicitor.

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

That's exactly why I feel that it would be the ideal mass media outlet for your views.

funny how you know so much about the show yourself, a superfan perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

JJJackal wrote: »

he has known them for a very long time. what he does in retirement is nobodies business but his.

Sean O'Rourkes retirement is his own business; I agree.
    If he breaks the law in retirement thats Garda business and not mine.
    However, what needs to be established is his relationship with important political figures while working for the state broadcaster

• Advertisement

Ohh yea the creme de la creme of irish society

Rich and thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Why?

Because the barman wouldn't give him a drink.

$$$$$$$$

JJJackal wrote: »

Sean O'Rourkes retirement is his own business; I agree.
    If he breaks the law in retirement thats Garda business and not mine.
    However, what needs to be established is his relationship with important political figures while working for the state broadcaster

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Are you all right copernicus.......

The liveliness is beneath you but boards.ie is not.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Resorting to name calling now, interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Micheal Martin's doing the Covid briefing this evening. It's been leaked.

"I wish to talk to you this evening about the state of the nation's affairs and the picture I have to paint is not, unfortunately, a very cheerful one.

The Covid figures which are just now becoming available to us show one thing very clearly. As a community, we are interacting way beyond our means.

We all need to take personal responsibility in our little bubbles and tighten our masks."

Ends.

• Advertisement

Why?

Because of the hotel management permitting this event to take place thus exposing their guests to a needless risk. They should have cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Witness now saying no masks were worn at the event now.

and plenty of hand shaking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Because of the hotel management permitting this event to take place thus exposing their guests to a needless risk. They should have cancelled it.

100%. Are they that lax with fire guidelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The upshot of the last few months is we are seeing the true (and useless) abilities of Micheál Martin as a leader. People tend to sum up his Tenure as Minister for Health as a success due to the implementation of the smoking ban, when the reality is that he was a terrible Minister for Health, and is a terrible Taoiseach. His lack of leadership of the party and cabinet, his gibberish and lack of clarity in press conferences is all you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The upshot of the last few months is we are seeing the true (and useless) abilities of Micheál Martin as a leader. People tend to sum up his Tenure as Minister for Health as a success due to the implementation of the smoking ban, when the reality is that he was a terrible Minister for Health, and is a terrible Taoiseach. His lack of leadership of the party and cabinet, his gibberish and lack of clarity in press conferences is all you need to know.
    Yep, there was a reason he was known as the Minister for commissioning reports, anything to offload his reponsibilities.

Varadkar cut from the same cloth in the way he was absolutely useless as a minister and spent most of his time criticising other departments and raising his media profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Go back 12 months and I am sure you posted the exact same about Leo....

So who do you want as Taoiseach?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

he has been retired since may

o'Rourke is only retired as an RTE staffer, he is on record as saying he will be back on air as a contractor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I could tell you stories only for signing a sheet of paper that says I can't

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You won't get an answer.

They're all bluster.... terrible minister, brutal Taoiseach, blah blah.

Only happy when whinging. Sad existence.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    100%. Are they that lax with fire guidelines?

We've been coming here for several years. They seem very on the ball in general and in relation to covid, which makes this a real shock.

If we'd known there was any possibility of an event like this taking place at the hotel we wouldn't have come, simple as that. My mother in law is with us and she's 85.

I feel sorry for the front line staff who have been going out of their way looking after guests, cleaning etc. Then management hosts an event like that and puts them and us at needless risk. I'm fuming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

We've been coming here for several years. They seem very on the ball in general and in relation to covid, which makes this a real shock.

If we'd known there was any possibility of an event like this taking place at the hotel we wouldn't have come, simple as that. My mother in law is with us and she's 85.

I feel sorry for the front line staff who have been going out of their way looking after guests, cleaning etc. Then management hosts an event like that and puts them and us at needless risk. I'm fuming.

You're just looking for your money back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Hold on. Michael Martin is not a baby sitter.

If a few gob****es want to head off to a hotel in Galway for some shindig there is not a lot he can do if he is unaware of it.

He is not baby sitter- he can only react after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I dont think we have any stand out candidates within FF or FG at the moment. Communication is key in the top job, Leo is more interested in quoting mean girls and MM is just too awkward.

Stephen Donnelly is probably the best communicator in FF but he is new to the party, M McGrath would prob be the next leader if they oused MM

I can see the gov falling before this happens though.

Allinall wrote: »
    You won't get an answer.

They're all bluster.... terrible minister, brutal Taoiseach, blah blah.

Only happy when whinging. Sad existence.

That's my point....all huff n puff with nothing behind it.

Replace MM with someone else, two week later, exact same posts from the exact same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So are we able to host weddings with 50 people in multiple rooms at venues then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭josip

Sorry Hotblack, whatever about the Clifden 81's breach of regs, it was your decision to bring your 85 year old MIL to a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Hold on. Michael Martin is not a baby sitter.

If a few gob****es want to head off to a hotel in Galway for some shindig there is not a lot he can do if he is unaware of it.

He is not baby sitter- he can only react after the fact.

Yet he hasn’t reacted publicly anyways. The tail wags the dog in FF

Marty1983 wrote: »
    I dont think we have any stand out candidates within FF or FG at the moment. Communication is key in the top job, Leo is more interested in quoting mean girls and MM is just too awkward.

Stephen Donnelly is probably the best communicator in FF but he is new to the party, M McGrath would prob be the next leader if they oused MM

I can see the gov falling before this happens though.

Gov fails who replaces? can't have a country with no governement.....

Well you can if you are SF but look at the disaster NI was for 3 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

and plenty of hand shaking

and hand shandy's

• Advertisement

So are we able to host weddings with 50 people in multiple rooms at venues then?

No.

Not you/us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement