Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The event should have been cancelled. Is anyone else in the country have work or golf dinners?

hmmm wrote: »
    Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Did anyone not have the cop on to realise what a bad idea this was and how it would look? Get out, go, resign, don't drag it out.

That’s even more worrying that none of them had the cop on to realise how bad it looks. And they’re the countries current and former legislators?

We getting screwed and not one orgasm between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Does splitting the hall in two make them all 'partitionists'?

The hall was never whole so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Bit on Prime Time now about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    These lads are aware they are playing senior hurling(or football for minister in question) yeah ?

That phrase gets used a lot in Irish politics. Because it's all a game to the average FF/FG politician.

"Ye're playin' senior hurlin' now" - No you're not, you're supposed to be running a country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This is well below par. He's Calleary not taking this seriously. We've a long way to go before we're out of the Woods. MM needs to iron this out fast or its going to be the albatross around his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Allinall

Leo’s topless picnic party, at the time we were told we could exercise, but not hang around and definitely no picnics, was our Cummings moment. Do as I say, not as I do seems to be the message from our “superiors”.

Don’t ever recall a “ no picnics “ rule..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

NcdJd wrote: »
    Bit on Prime Time now about it.

Yep..a bit...just a bit....wonder was Miriams brother at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Stewball wrote: »
    RTE news already repeating guests were separated in 'two rooms'.... No they weren't - it was a ****ty partition wall.

This will probably be the angle pushed tomorrow.

It's 'the electorate are stupid' angle. It wont be forgotten.

I think this will ruin FF now. Who else have they that hasn't proven themselves to be a clown?

Cowen a few weeks ago, Donnelly yesterday, Calleary today, Foley in hiding, Martin today saying there is no confusion.

Who can actually give FF some semblance of capability???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

How can they be so arrogant, feckless and totally imbecilic. While the country is in tatters , a milluin facing unemployment or ruin, and businesses being forced to stay shut and health workers literally putting their lives on the line and risking the health of their spouses and children to look after the likes of these who get sick and then go bleeting expecting medical care. It is really sickening.

Or maybe their intention is to build a yellow brick road to Dáil Eireann directly for Sinn Féin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Well it makes a mockery of the 6 visitors to a home rule....it’s now 6 to a room or to a partition in a room.

Many people have cancelled weddings but these clowns were too entitled to cancel their free dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Allinall

gifted wrote: »

Relevence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

In fairness it’s a breaking story so I wouldn’t be on RTE too much about it tonight- they’ll have had a running order for Prime Time done before this story broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Nope. He was at a dinner Party with Justine McCarthy who had a scoop interview with him in the Sunday Times in which he criticised MM for sacking Dumbo Cowen!

12 people at my dad's funeral at the beginning of the crisis and within the hour he was put in the ground I was back home sitting on my couch staring into space. Alone with my wife.

This cnut can pick a window

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

That’s even more worrying that none of them had the cop on to realise how bad it looks. And they’re the countries current and former legislators?

We getting screwed and not one orgasm between us.

It’s more than optics though. We are going through a lot of crises at the moment and in those moments we look for leadership, for reassurance, and solidarity from our great leaders.
    In the past few weeks, we’ve been shown none of that, they’re losing the electorate if they ever had us in the first place. The only place they’re leading us all is up the garden path. But you can see the revolt even in the covid case numbers rising, people are not following their rules anymore. They’re done, and with Brexit still to go, heaven help us as FFG definitely won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

What's really hard to believe is the guest list there were some other very prominent people there how could they all be so uncaring people can't attend funerals or wedding and they do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    You posted this same nonsense in the other thread....topless picnic party....ffs

At that stage you were allowed to meet people if outside and 2 metres apart, he didn't have to social distance from his partner. He didn't break any guidelines at that stage no matter what way you try to spin it.

The FG fanboys can spin it any way you like, but below are the facts. Do as I say, not as I do.

18th May 2020: Liz Canavan, assistant secretary at the Department of the Taoiseach, said: “If you are visiting a public amenity, try not to stay too long at the site or have picnics. Please do your exercise and then go home.”

23rd May: Leo is topless having a picnic in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,074 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

At the exact same time these tossers were having their illegal jolly in the function room, my wife and I were refused a drink in the bar due to covid restrictions!

You couldn't make it up.

I shall be expressing my displeasure to management. Someone at a high level made this decision. The frontline staff are going out of their way to do the right thing. They and our fellow guests have been badly let down.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Who can actually give FF some semblance of capability???

Willie O'Dea? :D

Or perhaps the time has come to unleash Eamon O'Cuiv - in whose constituency the golf function took place, coincidentally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The FG fanboys can spin it any way you like, but below are the facts. Do as I say, not as I do.

18th May 2020: Liz Canavan, assistant secretary at the Department of the Taoiseach, said: “If you are visiting a public amenity, try not to stay too long at the site or have picnics. Please do your exercise and then go home.”

23rd May: Leo is topless having a picnic in the Phoenix Park.
    Nope at the time as per below
    "Government guidelines allow people to spend time in the outdoors within 5km of their home while continuing to observe social distancing and good hygiene. There are no specific government guidelines on eating outdoors or picnics.”
    They are the facts.

Not a FG voter at all, just not a fan of people making crap up.

You seem really obsessed with the fact he was topless do you have a crush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

No government representative available for Prime Time.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

dirtyden wrote: »
    Well it makes a mockery of the 6 visitors to a home rule....it’s now 6 to a room or to a partition in a room.

Many people have cancelled weddings but these clowns were too entitled to cancel their free dinner.

Absolutely - was due to have 20immediate family over for a christening on Saturday - looks like it's back on. I'll just split it between a couple rooms and leave the doors open to have speeches/converse

At the exact same time these tossers were having their illegal jolly in the function room, my wife and I were refused a drink in the bar due to covid restrictions!

You couldn't make it up.

I shall be expressing my displeasure to management. Someone at a high level made this decision. The frontline staff are going out of their way to do the right thing. They and our fellow guests have been badly let down.

Were you in the same hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

The Oireachtas Golf Society = Our betters.

Above is the reason he won’t be sacked and the peasants can’t go to watch sports matches due to social distancing and the rural pub can’t open for the few locals. Move on here nothing to see😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    Nope at the time as per below
    "Government guidelines allow people to spend time in the outdoors within 5km of their home while continuing to observe social distancing and good hygiene. There are no specific government guidelines on eating outdoors or picnics.”
    They are the facts.

You seem really obsessed with the fact he was topless do you have a crush?

I’ve literally quoted his Lordships department. You seem obsessed with defending Leo’s honour. Part of his expensive PR team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭bloopy

The restrictions are done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

.anon. wrote: »
    That phrase gets used a lot in Irish politics. Because it's all a game to the average FF/FG politician.

"Ye're playin' senior hurlin' now" - No you're not, you're supposed to be running a country.

Relax.

It's an analogy that everyone can understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

No government representative available for Prime Time.

Wow.

Probably off on holidays to foreign countries..... would we be surprised?????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement