Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Something from a reputable source other than a single anonymous individual on a discussion form. Not asking a lot surely.

What specifically do you need. What scientific research would it take for me to convince you, do you want peer reviewed data on the number of people who went on holiday and contact tracing data to back that up peer reviewed by a professor in immunology or could you just try using logic and reason for five seconds and stop trying to be so invested in your online position?

The facts are that very few people are getting sick and dying from this virus. My understanding of an epidemic was when a lot of people got really sick and died.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ouch! Dose of very cold water thrown over Paul Murphy on NT there regarding the notion that Hogan or Wolfe will be going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭eggy81

This is where I think the Tories & Cummings have got it right. Their attitude is:-

"Fcuk the lot of you and so what if there a few indiscretions here and there. What are you going to do about it?"

Ignore all the noise from the chattering classes because that is all this is ultimately. A lot of noise.

This will all be forgotten about this time next week. Move on to the next "furious" key board slamming outrage.
    Yes. Exactly. Let the entitled shower of **** do exactly what they like. And pay them like royalty to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What specifically do you need. What scientific research would it take for me to convince you, do you want peer reviewed data on the number of people who went on holiday and contact tracing data to back that up peer reviewed by a professor in immunology or could you just try using logic and reason for five seconds and stop trying to be so invested in your online position?

The facts are that very few people are getting sick and dying from this virus. My understanding of an epidemic was when a lot of people got really sick and died.

G'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ouch! Dose of very cold water thrown over Paul Murphy on NT there regarding the notion that Hogan or Wolfe will be going anywhere

Had to laugh at PM.

The political establishment this and that. Blah blah. Disgraceful. Blah blah

Does he not realize he’s part of the political establishment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Acosta

I hope this recent phenomenon of a large proportion of the general public and media demanding accountability when a politician screws up continues beyond the pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

This event was organised by FF's Donie Cassidy and attended by a lot of Westmeath senators and councillors. The level of conversation at the tables would be of a very high intellectual content involving Greek Mythology, Anthropology and the chances of St. Lomans winning this years Westmeath junior B final.

This event was organised by FF's Donie Cassidy and attended by a lot of Westmeath senators and councillors. The level of conversation at the tables would be of a very high intellectual content involving Greek Mythology, Anthropology and the chances of St. Lomans winning this years Westmeath junior B final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well i'll be having a few pints later in the local, with no food.
    Happy days and i'm sure there is hundreds of thousands like me in the country.
    Happy i'm not a hypocrite and calling for these people's heads like the others, who i'm sure are also breaking rules in a small way.

You might get to see those new emergency powers first hand, have fun.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Acosta wrote: »
    I hope this recent phenomenon of a large proportion of the general public and media demanding accountability when a politician screws up continues beyond the pandemic.

It's frightening when you think of the countries general view in relation to many things, killing unborn babies, sinn fein ect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Does anyone honestly see either a judge or that leech hogan let go their grasp of their comfy salaried.

endainoz wrote: »
    You might get to see those new emergency powers first hand, have fun.

haha you wish, don't hold your breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Liamo57 wrote: »

"Vulnerable people and those over 70 should not go on a staycation or book into a hotel, acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn said, as 190 new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed in Ireland."

For the record, Donie "the rug" Cassidy is 74.

Looks as though Dr. Scally has really flipped his lid! But, as the white Allah would no doubt contend, he's certifiably insane.

Politicians and public figures among more than 80 people attending an Oireachtas Golf Society dinner during Covid-19 restrictions “should leave public life and do something else”, a leading public health expert has insisted.

Dr Gabriel Scally, president of epidemiology and public health at the Royal Society of Medicine in London, said he was shocked and saddened over revelations about the large gathering at the Station House Hotel in Clifden, Co Galway, on Wednesday.

Attendees appeared to be taking the attitude “do as we say, not as we do”, he said, adding: “This is absolutely wrong.”

Dr Scally said it was not enough for leading political figures to resign and lie low for a while over the affair, with the hope of resuming office again in a few years.

“They should leave public life and do something else,” he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Well i'll be having a few pints later in the local, with no food.
    Happy days and i'm sure there is hundreds of thousands like me in the country.
    Happy i'm not a hypocrite and calling for these people's heads like the others, who i'm sure are also breaking rules in a small way.

Edgy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Resorting to name calling now, interesting.

Coming from someone who refers to the listeners of liveline as "the dregs of society "......

Wash yer hands copernicus x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

josip wrote: »
    Apologies to Hotblack if it came across as harsh.
    I didn't mean to be critical of the decision to bring the MIL to a hotel, it's a nice thing to do and undoubtedly required extra effort by the younger members of the travelling group.

But once you leave your home environment, you've got to accept the added risk that some things will be outside your control.
    You can't rely on everyone else doing the proper thing.
    If you're not ok with that added risk, especially for elderly people, then wouldn't it be less stressful not to travel in the first place?

I hope my post didn't appear like an admonishment, I was more concentrating on the idea of 'due diligence' which I'm pretty sure we're all doing in these stressful times. Which is why this golf 'do' is quite shocking. I've a friend in Kildare who is a member of a golf club in Dublin, and while its not far away, the county boundary is in the way, so no golf for him. But then, he's not a member of the golden circle.

Coming from someone who refers to the listeners of liveline as "the dregs of society "......

Wash yer hands copernicus x x

i think most of the country would agree with my assessment.

The Westmeath lads all travelled down in Cassidy's Merc, two lads in the boot. They passed Rathowen singing Rise and follow Charlie at the top of their voices. Cassidy told them to lower the volume but John Shaw, a man of huge personality, stated that he was going to ride the taxpayer with a big expenses claim to pay for his upcoming hair transplant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭endainoz

I doubt it, most of the country are pro choice and voted for Sinn Fein soooooo

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    I doubt it, most of the country are pro choice and voted for Sinn Fein soooooo

My quote was in reference to Joe duffy, but well done for trying.
    In relation to your other point, yes you are right which is frightening,
    and contradictory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Brilliant.. I think your starting to believe your own boards name....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Edgy
    He has a very good point though. I wouldn't use this an an excuse myself, but the government have absolutely zero basis or high ground now should publicans decide to reopen without any form of restriction as if covid had never happened.

This is 81 Dominic Cummings incidents in one. Every single person involved should be forced out of their position and we likely now need another election after months without a government. I would also be heavily in favour of criminal investigations if at all applicable.

FF are absolutely speedrunning the sh*t how they made of the country last time they were in charge, though FG have plenty of blame here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

This government needs to go and the sooner the better - they have lurched from the payrises to disaster after disaster to completely incompetent messaging around Covid. Maybe the people who voted for them forgot what those FF pricks were responsible for in 2007-2010, but they have proven to be completely incapable of leading the country at the present moment. No trust from the public and no hope of gaining any - give us Leo and Co back ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It's frightening when you think of the countries general view in relation to many things, killing unborn babies, sinn fein ect

You keep mentioning this.

What the feck does it have to do with the issue at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tony Holohan has impecible timing. (I’m sure hes not relishing what he is doing now, but he got out when the going was ‘good’)

The new lad is only temporary in the job so he can’t go around slating the politicians that could have a hand in his permanent appointment to that role.

Brilliant.. I think your starting to believe your own boards name....

Keep digging

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This government needs to go and the sooner the better - they have lurched from the payrises to disaster after disaster to completely incompetent messaging around Covid. Maybe the people who voted for them forgot what those FF pricks were responsible for in 2007-2010, but they have proven to be completely incapable of leading the country at the present moment. No trust from the public and no hope of gaining any - give us Leo and Co back ASAP
    It can't until the numbers who'll vote for it get too small. Even the antsy Greens going wouldn't necessarily guarantee that. Lurch is a good word!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

The upshot of the last few months is we are seeing the true (and useless) abilities of Micheál Martin as a leader. People tend to sum up his Tenure as Minister for Health as a success due to the implementation of the smoking ban, when the reality is that he was a terrible Minister for Health, and is a terrible Taoiseach. His lack of leadership of the party and cabinet, his gibberish and lack of clarity in press conferences is all you need to know.

He had zero confidence , faith or confidence in "The Smoking Ban".
    Unions pushed it and it was introduced on the basis of protecting workers health.
    No other reason.

The fact it was implemented so thoroughly and successfully had nothing to do with him or the incompetent Department of Health and is no indication of his competence.
    Most undeserved political capital I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

is_that_so wrote: »
    It can't until the numbers who'll vote for it get too small. Even the antsy Greens going wouldn't necessarily guarantee that. Lurch is a good word!

The greens and FF should never have received the amount of votes they got, a result of the dumb as **** youth who didn’t suffer through the recession coming of voting age...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement