Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,093 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

xl500 wrote: »
    Dooley has been appointed to the Senate despite being rejected by the people in a general election and a Seanad election

Every taoiseach does this. The seanad needs reform, but that's another day's thread.

I do think though that the voting irregularities should have been dealt with as a criminal matter, but there may actually be no law against it weirdly enough. At the very least due to violating Dail standing orders they should have been suspended for a substantial length of time.

It's theoretically possible to get kicked out as an MP due to misconduct, but not in this country. And the misconduct would usually have to be a conviction resulting in a prison sentence.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Oops! wrote: »
    I was going to take you up on that ......:D

Watch his hands will be moving faster than his mouth trying to keep up with his bull**** .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Catriona looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Lundstram wrote: »
    Really wish Vincent Browne was doing this interview.

Browne would lose the head and just deck him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Even pat kenny, I know I know but he’s actually very good with politicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

RTE's own fair and balanced presenter (ex presenter)

Hope that SOR is interviewed/ writes an article on the matter. And that if he does that he continues to be as ‘ objective ‘ as ever. The boot is now firmly on the other foot Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Field east wrote: »
    Hope that SOR is interviewed/ writes an article on the matter. And that if he does that he continues to be as ‘ objective ‘ as ever. The boot is now firmly on the other foot Sean

Maybe Maria Bailey could interview him.

Sean

Sean

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Meehole sweating buckets on the news

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MM looks seriously sweaty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MM very much trying to take the "yes it was wrong but DC did the right thing after in resigning, so lets draw a line under it" line.

Yer one sitting quietly as I predicted above

• Advertisement

Sarah Mcinerney would give him a grilling as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Whoever did his hair should resign

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

Catriona looking well.

Really in the middle of this you make a comment like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Error of judgement.

That's getting a burger instead of a snackbox on a friday night.

What these lads did was a **** you to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    MM very much trying to take the "yes it was wrong but DC did the right thing after in resigning, so lets draw a line under it" line.

He's claiming Calleary showed leadership and accountability despite the fact he only "resigned" when caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Don't let him waffle on for so long!

MM clearly going for the old I will keep waffling on and on so you can barely ask me any questions tactic

Whoever did his hair should resign

Was my 1st thought when I saw him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Bring out Sarah McInerney....catriona Perry is letting him waffle and obfuscate....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Jesus Christ can she not get him to answer the fcuking questions she asks. Pitiful interviewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

So there's nothing wrong with a group of politicians and their hangers-on ignoring the rules and regulations they and their colleagues have insisted the rest of us must live by? (under threat of prosecution in some cases)

There's nothing wrong with some of them trying to brazen their way out of it when they've been caught?

Y'know where the "noise" is.. posts like the above trying to deflect from the issue and the predictable and completely childish insults - all you missed was a "Shinner" or a "Commie" reference :rolleyes:

Well I'm neither and I for one am sick of the cozy and incestuous club between the main parties, judiciary and the media that makes up the establishment in this country. Given recent election results it seems your hope that these things are soon forgotten is wrong too - the public/coverage may move on to the next scandal alright (as if that's a good thing!) but there's a growing anger and refusal to be treated like fools among the public that is being reflected in those results.

Let's see how you feel when we end up with unstable and ineffective Governments that last a year or two as a regular occurrence because the main parties refuse to deal with this rot within their own ranks and in public life generally.

LOL...more fool you for thinking politicians and Governments are effective in the first place.

As I have written here many times before:-

The electorate are like dogs. It does not matter how badly you treat them they will still come running back for more. Every single time.

Yeah so you are 'sick and tired of it'. Big deal. As I said, what are you going to do about it? Nothing. All noise.

When you have finished the huffing and puffing the penny might drop. Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

No mention of Seán O'Rourke yet. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

SeaFields wrote: »
    Jesus Christ can she not get him to answer the fcuking questions she asks. Pitiful interviewing.

There's a reason he's doing this instead of facing the press earlier at the briefing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Can you stop spouting utter imbecilic nonsense please.

200 new cases the other day, that's not "nobody".

Fewer people dying but there is more experience in treating it now. Some still getting very ill and ending up in intensive care and will have a very long recovery ahead of them.

But you don't care because you want to go to the pub.

The reason we have 200 cases is because we are carrying out a huge amount of testing. If you carry out massive testing for influenza during summer months you will 100% find cases. Either way, of those 200 cases how many were asymptomatic? Cases alone tell us absolutely nothing, the real metrics of an epidemic are deaths and ICU admissions while accounting for the lags.

More and more scientists, doctors, engineers, epidemiologists, mathematicians with all those letters after their name are speaking out on this.

Just observe the reality around you, the fact is that people are not getting sick from this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Shes useless. End it now. She will get nothing out of him

I agree with the stance on the separation of powers. Can't go messing with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Bring out Sarah McInerney....catriona Perry is letting him waffle and obfuscate....

I was just going to say where is Sarah. She would be powerful or even Claire Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Separation of powers is rubbish. He can make a comment on the judge.

No mention of Seán O'Rourke yet. Strange.
    Ah here what would MM have to say anything about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Even if there was nothing wrong with the Golf event, that judge should not have been rubbing shoulders with politicians in this way. Supposed he's called to judge a case against one of the attendees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement