Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I can’t stop looking at the gel in his hair wtf ?

Something about Mary?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

Hapey wrote: »
    Tell you what, I wouldn't go soft on her.

Ah lads she fairly good looking and well groomed. We're not talking Marilyn Monroe!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,092 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The more and more I think about this, the more wound up I am getting over it. I have spent hours and hours almost every single day scouring the internet and applying for any applicable job I can find.

Sorry to hear that and I hope things get better for you very soon.

What is really enraging is the complete "let them eat cake" attitude of these 81 tools while hundreds of thousands of people are still out of work or suffering reduced income because of the virus restrictions. Not a single fcuk given, a 'memorial dinner' for a lad 2 years dead is more important. It could have waited another few months, it's not like Mark Killilea is in a position to complain...

I acknowledge how lucky I am. I've been working from home since mid-March with few problems, our family income has not suffered at all, I've saved the cost of travelling to work, nobody I know has got sick or died as a result of this. My very elderly mother was in a home but she passed away in late Feb and we were able to have a normal funeral, it's hard to imagine how difficult a lockdown funeral is for those who lost their loved ones a few weeks later. My daughter is due to start secondary school soon and I'm worried about how that is going to work out, and for my son going back to primary. But others have a lot more problems to deal with.

On the plus side, it's turning into a lovely evening here in Clifden...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I reckon Big Phil will be shíttin bricks already.

Why would he be?
    The Irish people and the Irish govement can not remove him.
    He is a EU commissioner he was selected he was not elected to his role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Shes useless. End it now. She will get nothing out of him

Softball City. Absolutely garbage interviewing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

She's woeful, just interupting him now without actually challenging him. Claire Byrne should be doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

jojofizzio wrote: »
    We should take heart from LOK......
    Eh....Kildare still fkd....

Yea what is he talking about. If you think people in Kildare were angry 2 weeks ago what way are they going to be now whike they are all out having their hooley but Kildare still in lockdown.

Anyway the Kildare lockdiwn is absolute joke as schools are going back. The amount of teachers that live outside county+ they all will have to travel + students will all be mixing on buses from different school but sure it will be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

She is getting a bit tougher on him as it goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jaysus,I never thought I’d say “bring back Leo”....He’s not bringing back the Dail coz its not his call.....just resign already pal,out of your depth....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Does this interviewer represent the people of ireland? She just prefaced a question with "the people of ireland......"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Gotta have a laugh at a Garda investigation into a golf dinner.

Talk about wasting available resources.

I reckon Big Phil will be shíttin bricks already.

" Mr Hogan, can you describe where you attended after dinner on Wednesday evening, how many brandys exactly was it ?"

This country is such a shambles, only in Ireland could you have a Garda investigation into a phucking golf dinner... pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase help us.

Gardaí investigate potential breaches of criminal law. Do you understand that concept?

And that TDs are legislators? And Supreme Court Judges, well, do you know what, it's obvious to all you're either confused or this is too complicated or you're being disingenuous.

It's not complicated though.

Did you choose your username or did someone set your account up on Boards for you? Like a slap on the back with a sticker saying I am a Moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Politics is about getting the jobs (and the pensions).
    You need to keep in with the in crowd, and if they are having a dinner you attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Get him out! Get him out! Get him out! Spoofer.

I thought that the US and UK political leaders were laughable but we are equally up there with em. we must be a laughing stock of Europe at the moment.

It’s law, and a Supreme Court judge broke the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I am getting a sense of the ridiculous amount of work behind the scenes, which I suppose is good for MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

2 years 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is this the same room where the crying Bbbbbertie interview was held??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She'd get it as well.
    ...she has already had it....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Absolutely brutal interview, she has let him bluster away with virtually no challenge

Shes an awful journalist. They only gave her a job because she was sending letters into RTE at the age of 10 begging for one, someone in there pitied her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Poor interview overall. She challenged him more towards the end, but overall he got to say exactly what he wanted to I think

She'd get it as well.

She already got it, hasn't been the same since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

What a disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

I am getting a sense of the ridiculous amount of work behind the scenes, which I suppose is good for MM.

MM is like the substitute teacher who showed up in school - everyone would roll their eyes at this patethic prick walking in cos they knew he wasn’t anything genuine and he’d be gone in a few days or a week. He is impossible to take seriously as Taoiseach

Pitiful interview....stank of prepared questions.

Caitriona far far too soft on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Well that was basically a puff piece of an interview....disappointing

SeaFields wrote: »
    What a disappointment

Were you expectant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Useless from Catriona. Did they have to agree beforehand to take it handy on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

amber2 wrote: »
    Get him out! Get him out! Get him out! Spoofer

I think I agree.

Wonder did Simon turn down the health portfolio? Cos he's more capable than Donnelly.

Not a nod to Leo, more a criticism of mm. Someone mentioned it a few pages back. He dithers and does nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

gmisk wrote: »
    Well that was basically a puff piece of an interview....disappointing

We need Ryan “Mad Dog” Tubridy to grill him on the late late about where he shops and what brand of shoes he is wearing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

He probably would only do it when he knew it was Catriona.

I actually think people are going to be even more angry after that.

He gets away with an easy interview rather than having to face a press conference.

Not good enough. Im getting on to all local TD tomorrow + hope everyone does same. We need to hound them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

The one question id have asked is if Micheal knew the dinner was on. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't common knowledge in the dail that it was happening. If he knew and didn't stop it then he's as accountable as anyone else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement