Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

We need Ryan “Mad Dog” Tubridy to grill him on the late late about where he shops and what brand of shoes he is wearing.....

Likely Skechers. Very sketchy on de facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Didn't varadkar call out the ex commissioner Martin call in an about his comments regarding mccabe?.......so why can't they call out this judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

appledrop wrote: »
    He probably would only do it when he knew it was Catriona.

I actually think people are going to be even more angry after that.

He gets away with an easy interview rather than having to face a press conference.

Not good enough. Im getting on to all local TD tomorrow + hope everyone does same. We need to hound them.

Genuine question for you all if Mehole can’t even face our own pressers or face any kind of robust grilling, what use is he to us as leader of this country? Borris Johnson would have him eaten for breakfast before he’d squeeze the first fundamental out. What use will he be to us In Europe for Brexit and all the **** storm that will bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

The one question id have asked is if Micheal knew the dinner was on. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't common knowledge on the dail that it was happening. If he knew and didn't stop it then he's as accountable as anyone else

Oireachtas Golf Society - he knew full ****ing well what was going on as did everybody else - their advice or opinion on CV19 going forward is completely irrelevant after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

What do you hope to achieve by hounding them? Government resign and we have an election?
    He probably would only do it when he knew it was Catriona.

I actually think people are going to be even more angry after that.

He gets away with an easy interview rather than having to face a press conference.

Not good enough. Im getting on to all local TD tomorrow + hope everyone does same. We need to hound them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Bloody hell there was a simple question that she has to ask of the likes of Martin

‘DO YOU THINK IT BELIEVABLE THAT 81 OF THE CREAM OF IRISH POLITICAL AND JUDICIAL SOCIETY TURNED UP FOR A FUNCTION THAT CLEARLY BROKE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AND THAT NOT ONE OF THOSE 81 THOUGHT IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE OR INFRINGED THOSE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES’

Awful interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

gifted wrote: »
    Didn't varadkar call out the ex commissioner Martin call in an about his comments regarding mccabe?.......so why can't they call out this judge?

Complete waffle about the separation of powers.

TDs can comment on judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭appledrop

We all know the shambles about how clear new rules that were brought in on Tues but why are they all going on about 50 people restriction?

My understanding was 50 people restriction was gone from Tues evening for all 'events' in hotels apart from weddings? So shouldn't have been anymore than 6 people unless in restaurant but this was a function. Am I missing something?

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Bloody hell there was a simple question that she has to ask of the likes of Martin

‘DO YOU THINK IT BELIEVABLE THAT 81 OF THE CREAM OF IRISH POLITICAL AND JUDICIAL SOCIETY TURNED UP FOR A FUNCTION THAT CLEARLY BROKE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AND THAT NOT ONE OF THOSE 81 THOUGHT IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE OR INFRINGED THOSE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES’

Awful interview.

I think everyone including Micheal says it was inappropriate

What do you hope to achieve by hounding them? Government resign and we have an election?

That would be the ideal, cillit bang these FF ****heads back to oblivion where they belong

• Advertisement

Yea i think at this stage government needs to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Martin doesn't exactly inspire confidence and he seemed to be sweating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

screamer wrote: »
    Genuine question for you all if Mehole can’t even face our own pressers or face any kind of robust grilling, what use is he to us as leader of this country? Borris Johnson would have him eaten for breakfast before he’d squeeze the first fundamental out. What use will he be to us In Europe for Brexit and all the **** storm that will bring?

Did he not just do an interview? I am confused

Martin doesn't exactly inspire confidence and he seemed to be sweating.

Is that a covid symptom?

I think everyone including Micheal says it was inappropriate

It appears that none of the 81 knew that it was inappropriate when they were attending, are they all totally dumb and brainless

Oireachtas Golf Society - he knew full ****ing well what was going on as did everybody else - their advice or opinion on CV19 going forward is completely irrelevant after it.

To be fair... Whatever about the politics I think the health advice is correct... Flouting it obviously isn't..it's all very vexing...but what can you do? March on the dail and burn it down? While keeping socially distant?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Awful interview.

He literally said they should have known beforehand it was wrong. In fact she asked if they should have known when they got there and he went further and said they should have known when it was being organised.

That wasn’t an interview - that was a first day on the job
    “Tell us your name and a bit About yourself“ bull****

I’m asking if he can’t face the media gang gathered earlier for the covid briefing. Talking to Catriona Perry in a very staged, very soft going chat is not what I am referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yea i think at this stage government needs to fall.

And then what? FF and FG swap places a bit earlier than planned (bearing in mind Leo is to be Taoiseach again in 2022)?

Or we give SF a shot at trying to form an even more unstable coalition?

Reform is what's needed (of how politics works in this country in general), not just replacing one side with the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Whoever did his hair should resign

ralph-wiggum-pic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

whiskeyman wrote: »
    ralph-wiggum-pic.png
    My cats breath smells of cat food

whiskeyman wrote: »
    ralph-wiggum-pic.png

Ha ha its good to laugh through the anger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    And then what? FF and FG swap places a bit earlier than planned (bearing in mind Leo is to be Taoiseach again in 2022)?

Reform is what's needed (of how politics works in this country in general), not just replacing one side with the other.

These guys don't want reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

screamer wrote: »
    Is that a covid symptom?

:D;):D:D

Podge_irl wrote: »
    He literally said they should have known beforehand it was wrong. In fact she asked if they should have known when they got there and he went further and said they should have known when it was being organised.

And is it believable that all 81 didn't think it was inappropriate.

The interview might aswell be

"Interviewer:Taoiseach, here is a list of bold boys, do you agree that they are bold? Will you say it on TV for us?"

"Taoiseach: they are very bold"

"Interviewer:That's all we have time for, you prick"

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Nah we just need FG back, **** SF.

That wasn’t an interview - that was a first day on the job
    “Tell us your name and a bit About yourself“ bull****

I mean he is not responsible for the questions?!?

I agree with you it was not a good interview but I don't blame him for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Where did I say I expected better from them? This is the same party that fiddled and gargled while Ireland burned 12 years ago, and basically buried the younger generations to help themselves which caused so many of us to leave just to have a chance of getting a job or being respected by government.

It does have to be said that the people deserve the government they get, and hearing 10 years ago how people would "never, ever" dream of voting for FF again to the point there was talk of their potential disbandoning, only for them to get back in less than a decade later, has led us to this and says an awful lot about a sizable chunk of the Irish electorate.

In a matter of weeks we have another Cowen in an alcohol fuelled scandal, his immediate replacement in this one, the pay rises while the rest of us struggle to survive, the lesser mentioned disgrace of MM meeting with Boris in another country without a mask nor social distancing being practiced (nor to the best of my knowledge quarantining upon return), and now 81 politicians (and it has to be said, plenty of FGers there as well) take a collective sh*t on all of us.

I was in two minds about sticking around in Ireland long term or not. I think this has made my mind up for me, though because of what I have described in my earlier post I won't be in any financial position to do so for a while.

You didn’t, but your post is understandably full of outrage which is a reaction based on being taken aback by somebody’s behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement