Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Martin doesn't exactly inspire confidence and he seemed to be sweating.

When has he ever inspired confidence?

He was able to cling to power since 2011 with no real serious challenge bar the proposed heave from Dev-ín.

His skin is so thin as well; bristles at the slightest affront.

He's leading FF by default, they've a serious talent-deficit. It would be gas if it wasn't so serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Incidentally Bertie crying on SixOne is on Reeling In The Years just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is this the same room where the crying Bbbbbertie interview was held??

OMG on “Reeling in the years” now ...I can confirm it s not the same room...
    Maybe the same one where the Roy Keane sulk was filmed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Complete waffle about the separation of powers.

TDs can comment on judges.

DID not see the interview, but if he is using that as an excuse its dreadful.... How much seperation was there in the station house in Clifden with Dara, Judge and the rest of the crew??! Not even 2 meters by the sounds of it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

recently-appointed Supreme Court judge, Séamus Woulfe, has apologised for his attendance

The judiciary is independent
    "not connected with another or with each other; separate"

Yeah. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Alan Shatter and Frances Fitzgerald both resigned under the previous FG Governments (both as a result of the fallout of the AGS whistleblower scandal)

The latter is an MEP now though.

And both were subsequently exonerated of any wrongdoing. When did an FFer ever resign when they were merely suspected of having done something wrong?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I do love Reeling in the Years.. it's right in the Tiger Years now and it's mad how some things really haven't changed 14 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A gangster funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd say Pieta House are in for a very tough weekend. Really don't see where there's any hope left for this country. One party breaks guidelines to go to a funeral, another has this farce of a leader.
    Has anyone got any good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Bertie’s interview was in St Luke’s in Drumcondra.

In another strange twist, RiTY just showed Charlie Haugheys brother, saying at his funeral “we will never see his likes again”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Bertie was so loveable, like Winnie the Pooh, no wonder he got away with whatever he wanted.

And both were subsequently exonerated of any wrongdoing. When did an FFer ever resign when they were merely suspected of having done something wrong?

That wasn't the question.. it was if others had been pressured into stepping down too.

I completely agree with you tho - any TD, regardless of affiliation, found guilty of wrongdoing should be forced to actually resign and prosecuted where appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Watching the news myself.. Ah you have to love the EU. Basically reading from Hogan's tweet. :rolleyes:

As unaccountable to us as the man himself!

They're just saying what Phil told them. If that turns out not to be true, then his ass is grass...

BTW one of the photos of him on the news had him wearing roundy glasses, I was just saying to Mrs H-D that it made him look like Himmler, when Eoin O Broin appeared on screen :pac:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Bertie was so loveable, like Winnie the Pooh, no wonder he got away with whatever he wanted.

Bertie was like looking like a monster **** you left in the toilet and feeling proud for a second before you realise it’s still a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I thought the Dominic Cummings scandal in the UK wouldnt be topped, but that was just one man.

GolfGate is a list of high powered and influencial people who should have known better. There is simply no excuse. None.
    Especially after all so many of us have gone through.
    I didn't even get to my own uncle's funeral.

It really is a two fingered arrogant salute to the general population.

This goes beyond party politics.
    This is Irish politics laid bare.
    It's rotten to the core and the people are sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Jaysus,I never thought I’d say “bring back Leo”....He’s not bringing back the Dail coz its not his call.....just resign already pal,out of your depth....
    Don't fall into that trap!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Don't fall into that trap!

1) He’s more believable and genuine than Mehole
    2) He has medical experience so he’s instantly more believable than Mehole
    3) The country was at its best covid stats under Leo/Tony
    4) Mehole is Pinocchio while Leo is Gepetto (spelling?) - has to keep coming out with statements to correct or clarify the FF gob****e.

We reallly could do with Leo back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I belive there is now an apology Phil Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

Does MM play golf or is he a member of the golf Society ? There must have been a communique over recent times for final numbers etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    And is it believable that all 81 didn't think it was inappropriate.

Again, he literally said they should have known it was inappropriate. What exactly are you looking for?

• Advertisement

4) Mehole is Pinocchio while Leo is Gepetto (spelling?) - has to keep coming out with statements to correct or clarify the FF gob****e.

Let's not forget that Leo and his Government completely failed on most key domestic issues (housing, health, cost of living etc) and these haven't gone away.. they have just been shielded by the focus on CV-19

FF are in the driving seat precisely because FG were so bad.

The only real difference is Leo has a better speechwriter and is more down with the social media than MM. He (Leo) also can't resist giving a soundbite at every opportunity - even if it's not his place to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

flazio wrote: »
    I'd say Pieta House are in for a very tough weekend. Really don't see where there's any hope left for this country. One party breaks guidelines to go to a funeral, another has this farce of a leader.
    Has anyone got any good news?

One less sponger is sponging a ministers salary today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ferm001 wrote: »
    Does MM play golf or is he a member of the golf Society ? There must have been a communique over recent times for final numbers etc.

You can be sure as well that an event like that has a table plan, so that people are seated in order of perceived importance. So a quick glance at that would have told everyone how many people were attending.

Let's not forget that Leo and his Government completely failed on most key domestic issues (housing, health, cost of living etc) and these haven't gone away.. they have just been shielded by the focus on CV-19

FF are in the driving seat precisely because FG were so bad.

The only real difference is Leo has a better speechwriter and is more down with the social media than MM. He (Leo) also can't resist giving a soundbite at every opportunity - even if it's not his place to.

They guided us and ran the country when it was needed most - I don’t think you’ll find many taxpayers who are too concerned about housing as it’s a smokescreen to provide free houses for wasters (not referring to buyers here but the “homeliss”’we keep hearing the likes of SF and Paul Murphy bleat On about) Cost of living (apart from VAT) can’t be influenced by government and rental prices neither so I’m not sure what you expected them to do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

This isn't a case of people that should know better. The fact is that they do know better and yet decided the rules don't apply to them because they have an over-inflated sense of self-importance. And this is the same attitude and behavior that has resulted in many FF scandals in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

1) Really, many PR gurus may have helped there.
    2) To be able to say wash your hands and social distance is not a plus
    3)'Best' covid stats - 1700 people died, over 1000 in care homes <- why?
    4) LV should be out front now - he and his party are actually the govt as well, you do know this right? He's undermined his govt partners AFAICS

That sounds like a defence of MM and FF, I can assure it's not.
    However, I dislike the canonisation of Varadkar intensely.
    He's simply not what he appears to be to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

One less sponger is sponging a ministers salary today.

You know he's going to be replaced, right?

Probably by Jack "I don't believe that the Irish people should get a say on the 8th amendment and there should be no referendum" Chambers.

Talented bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

1)

Wha? Did you hear about the nursing homes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I thought the Dominic Cummings scandal in the UK wouldnt be topped, but that was just one man.

GolfGate is a list of high powered and influencial people who should have known better. There is simply no excuse. None.
    Especially after all so many of us have gone through.
    I didn't even get to my own uncle's funeral.

It really is a two fingered arrogant salute to the general population.

This goes beyond party politics.
    This is Irish politics laid bare.
    It's rotten to the core and the people are sick of it.

The same people who voted in February for these people is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There must be a voodoo curse on the Dept of Agriculture office that makes the new Minister act like a moron.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement