Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

When you're in a hole -stop putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

You know he's going to be replaced, right?

Perhaps he’ll give it to one of the Greens - that will piss the public right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

There must be a voodoo curse on the Dept of Agriculture office that makes the new Minister act like a moron.

In fairness, Barry Cowen was acting the moron before he got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Again, he literally said they should have known it was inappropriate. What exactly are you looking for?

There are readily available COVID guidelines.
    Those guidelines deem that the planned event on Wednesday was inappropriate.
    81 of the 'cream' of Irish society attended the event.
    Did any of the 81 consider it inappropriate BEFORE they attended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    1) Really, many PR gurus may have helped there.
    2) To be able to say wash your hands and social distance is not a plus
    3)'Best' covid stats - 1700 people died, over 1000 in care homes <- why?
    4) LV should be out front now - he and his party are actually the govt as well, you do know this right? He's undermined his govt partners AFAICS

That sounds like a defence of MM and FF, I can assure it's not.
    However, I dislike the canonisation of Varadkar intensely.
    He's simply not what he appears to be to some people.

Simple question - is he more acceptable than MM? For me he is certainly is, MM is a weasel and can’t be taken seriously which is not what we need right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Perhaps he’ll give it to one of the Greens - that will piss the public right off.

Tbh, I don't think the general public give a shíte.

Farmers on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

mick087 wrote: »
    I belive there is now an apology Phil Hogan

These **** are only sorry that they were caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Have the Greens gone into hibernation?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cases alone tell us absolutely nothing, the real metrics of an epidemic are deaths and ICU admissions while accounting for the lags.

So, if we opened all the pubs right now, how do you think those numbers would look in 2 or 3 weeks time?

And there are many people at home sick with other viruses and illnesses which are much more dangerous than covid who cannot access services they need because the country has lost it's mind.

Please tell me what these 'much more dangerous' viruses are, exactly?
    Covid was the underlying cause of 13.7% of all deaths that occurred in England (45,439 deaths) from January to July 2020.

If you don't think that number is terrifying there must be something wrong with you.

Over 13% of people who died in that period would be alive today if not for this virus.

THINK about that.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

mick087 wrote: »
    I belive there is now an apology Phil Hogan

Too late. He had all day and attempted to brass neck it out. He's hoping the media don't look into his exact movements since he returned to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Simple question - is he more acceptable than MM? For me he is certainly is, MM is a weasel and can’t be taken seriously which is not what we need right now
    No.
    Both are not up to par IMO.
    Both failed, useless ministers IMO.
    So what would make me think they were national leaders in any respect.
    I wouldn't have a clue who could be the best politician to lead us during all of this out of 160 or so TDs, but I do know the current govt inc FG which ppl appear to be forgetting, should be sticking together (not closing shop when they fck up btw I mean agree amongst them the bets way forward), on message and not snipe on Twitter or usurp the nominal Taoiseachs' position by sneaking in with their unwanted soundbites first for tv time.

Hapey wrote: »
    Out of 10, I'd give her one.

Nice , I see what ewe did their. :D

No Eamon is just having a nap

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    No.
    Both are not up to par IMO.
    Both failed, useless ministers IMO.
    So what would make me think they were national leaders in any respect.
    I wouldn't have a clue who could be the best politician to lead us during all of this out of 160 or so TDs, but I do know the current govt inc FG which ppl appear to be forgetting, should be sticking together (not closing shop when they fck up btw I mean agree amongst them the bets way forward), on message and not snipe on Twitter or usurp the nominal Taoiseachs' position by sneaking in with their unwanted soundbites first for tv time.

So who does that leave as candidate for Taoiseach, Mary. Lou and her band of “free **** for the wasters” party? God help us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    There are readily available COVID guidelines.
    Those guidelines deem that the planned event on Wednesday was inappropriate.
    81 of the 'cream' of Irish society attended the event.
    Did any of the 81 consider it inappropriate BEFORE they attended

I'm sure some of them must have thought about it. I still don't get your point.

You were bemoaning that she didn't ask if it was believable that they didn't know it was an infringement. She asked if they should have known when they got there and Martin suggested they should have known in advance of that. He answered the question you are complaining wasn't asked.

I'm not defending him, the whole thing is a ****show. He came across better than I expected but the party is in tatters clearly. But you're not making very cogent points.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

No sign of Noel Grealish resigning yet. He apparently was the captain who sent out the invites with Donie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

At the rate they are going they will be lucky to last a year in coalition.

Ah lads she fairly good looking and well groomed. We're not talking Marilyn Monroe!

Maybe I'm from the wrong generation, but that 'look' does absolutely nothing for me.

Let's see ya without the pancake makeup and fake tan and bleached hair and see what you really look like.

In fairness, Barry Cowen was acting the moron before he got the job.

You're not an Offaly man I assume :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Tired after a week of eating avocados and cycling.

• Advertisement

So who does that leave as candidate for Taoiseach, Mary. Lou and her band of “free **** for the wasters” party? God help us
    That's the thing, I really do not know.
    Whoever leads should at minimum have the backing and backup of the likes of LV and that is not coming through since day one IMO.
    BTW, the doling out of depts didn't make sense to me at all so I think that's a victory for FG as well, not for the Irish peoples benefit but for their own approval profile.

They are all like that, every single party and TD - party first.

The ppl just want collective best actions, best advice, best practice in a very changable situation.
    LV not being on that podium last week was a disgrace.

Jimi H wrote: »
    No sign of Noel Grealish resigning yet. He apparently was the captain who sent out the invites with Donie.
    He won't resign his actual seat, I don't know if he's any other perk jobs going but they are all he could be forced to resign from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Who won this golf yoke?
    What’s the score cards like.
    I’d say they’re all ****e at golf.

1) He’s more believable and genuine than Mehole

Low bar :pac:

Low bar :pac:

It’s true though no matter what you think of Leo, Mehole has the look and sound and movement of a snake and cannot be trusted

One less sponger is sponging a ministers salary today.

He'll probably be replaced by Jack fcuking Chambers though...

Jimi H wrote: »

Resign from what?

He's not a Minister.

Would piss his own party right off. FFer will be replaced with FFer.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Eventually all the hype will die down . We can sit back relax in the cold light of day ... reflect and probably see it as an even bigger disaster and shame for the Country than we first thought .

• Advertisement

appledrop wrote: »
    Yea i think at this stage government needs to fall.

I think they're going a fairway to bringing about their own downfall.
    They seem to lack the necessary drive and these owngoals are chipping away at their credibility and now the Teeshock has developed a bunker mentality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement