Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Who won this golf yoke?
    What’s the score cards like.
    I’d say they’re all ****e at golf.

I believe it was councillor podge Connelly from the north east, himself only back from a golfing holiday in spain.. On the news at 5 unless I heard it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

These guys don't want reform.

They don’t look at all the promises about Seanad reform if we voted to keep it. What’s been done since f-all lying ba*stards each and everyone of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

screamer wrote: »
    I wonder does Von der Leyden have twitter account we can flood with this info on big Phil?

And yet if he does a good job in his EU position over the next few years we will all singing his praises another successful Irishman on the international stage, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Its the first time i ever seen Irish politics getting at least 5 mins on C4 news...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fairplay to the fella who put the time and effort into this. :D

https://twitter.com/paddycullivan/status/1296833669945004039?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

boardise wrote: »
    I think they're going a fairway to bringing about their own downfall.
    They seem to lack the necessary drive and these owngoals are chipping away at their credibility and now the Teeshock has developed a bunker mentality.
    This episode looks like it will become an albatross around FFs neck, it will most likely drive a wedge between them and FG. A little fore-thought could have prevented it all.
    MM will have to rule with a rod of iron if he wants to putt his house in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

This episode looks like it will become an albatross around FFs neck, it will most likely drive a wedge between them and FG. A little fore-thought could have prevented it all.
    MM will have to rule with a rod of iron if he wants to putt his house in order.

FG are up to their neck in it as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Its the first time i ever seen Irish politics getting at least 5 mins on C4 news...
    So much for this story being confined to Irish media.
    The fact that an EU commisioner is involved will probably help spread it across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

horse7 wrote: »
    Would anyone else like to see Phil Hogan get sacked or resign?

Hung drawn and quartered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

The one positive in all of this is we will at last cop-on that the reason politicians treat us as eejits is because we are.
    Mary Lou wants to bring back the dail as she afraid of election, the Gardai are doing an investigation which means they cannot comment until its done, they will be busy as they are doing on on the Cowan saga as well.
    Martin said he cannot comment on Judiciary as they are separate in democracy, yet politicians and the judges are in the same Golfing society,
    I kinda missed the beginning of the news but i think i heard a spokesperson for EU saying it matter for Ireland, i later heard MM saying Hogan EU now so out of his remit.
    If there be a spike in Covid in next Month we in serious territory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

The one positive in all of this is we will at last cop-on that the reason politicians treat us as eejits is because we are.
    Mary Lou wants to bring back the dail as she afraid of election, the Gardai are doing an investigation which means they cannot comment until its done, they will be busy as they are doing on on the Cowan saga as well.
    Martin said he cannot comment on Judiciary as they are separate in democracy, yet politicians and the oireacthas are in the same Golfing society,
    I kinda missed the beginning of the news but i think i heard a spokesperson for EU saying it matter for Ireland, i later heard MM saying Hogan EU now so out of his remit.
    If there be a spike in Covid in next Month we in serious territory...

Mary Lou is only commenting because her lips are getting tired of saying **** all, like they have been since March

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Comerman wrote: »
    another idiot who think the rules don't apply to him, really love it if they caught some of these fcuckers holidaying abroad.

Mary Lou is only commenting because her lips are getting tired of saying **** all, like they have been since March
    yawn

And both were subsequently exonerated of any wrongdoing. When did an FFer ever resign when they were merely suspected of having done something wrong?

When was Frances Fitzgerald exonerated for misleading the Dail and her Taoiseach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Hung drawn and quartered...

He'd still be the size of a normal person if you quartered him

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    yawn

Go to sleep now child, the adults are talking here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Interesting to see John Sweeney and his wife sitting at the top table with the legal pals et al, as they are the company Directors of Western Railway Operations LTD, oil retailers and hotel management.

Western Railway operations ltd may trade as Clifden Station house or Sweeney Oil.

Cahoots!!...I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine!

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Compa...Limited-573077

Does anyone think there's a dirty connection between the Directors of Clifden Station House and the influential people they were seated with and dined with in their own hotel?

There has been 5 mortgage/charges against Western Railway Operations ltd all on the same day this year 28th February 2020.

John Sweeney that was seated at the table with the High court Judge , has 38 directorships spanning mainly oil retail and mining, legal and construction / planning and parkrite parking.

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Direc...hn/2105755823/

The particular Sweeney family are highly influential people worth billions.

Why was Station House Hotel owned by the Sweeney family chosen?
    Is there a link as to why they 81 party knew the Hotel management would let the Golf party go ahead without social distancing?

There's something very fishy going on and more questions must be asked about this relationship with the hotel owners and those that attended the Gold dinner.

that your best:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'm amazed not a single picture from the event has come out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

What difference does it make? We know who was there. We know their behaviour has pissed off the majority of the country and broken trust with the government and the restrictions imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

“I suppose the party leader has made it clear that everybody must pay a price for what has happened. We attended the function inadvertently, but still we have to pay a price” he told KCLR News.

Comedy gold :)

How does some one who lives in Kilkenny attend a function in Clifden "inadvertently" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Interesting to see John Sweeney and his wife sitting at the top table with the legal pals et al, as they are the company Directors of Western Railway Operations LTD, oil retailers and hotel management.

Western Railway operations ltd may trade as Clifden Station house or Sweeney Oil.

Does anyone think there's a dirty connection between the Directors of Clifden Station House and the influential people they were seated with and dined with in their own hotel?

There has been 5 mortgage/charges against Western Railway Operations ltd all on the same day this year 28th February 2020.

John Sweeney that was seated at the table with the High court Judge , has 38 directorships spanning mainly oil retail and mining, legal and construction / planning and parkrite parking.

Is there a link as to why they 81 party knew the Hotel management would let the Golf party go ahead without social distancing?

There's something very fishy going on and more questions must be asked about this relationship with the hotel owners and those that attended the Gold dinner.

Same guy I believe

What difference does it make? We know who was there. We know their behaviour has pissed off the majority of the country and broken trust with the government and the restrictions imposed.

I dunno plumb, a photo of big Phil with a tie tied around his forehead in the style of Mark Knopfler, sliding on his knees across the dance floor, playing air guitar would be funny as.fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

elperello wrote: »
    “I suppose the party leader has made it clear that everybody must pay a price for what has happened. We attended the function inadvertently, but still we have to pay a price” he told KCLR News.

Comedy gold :)

How does some one who lives in Kilkenny attend a function in Clifden "inadvertently" ?

Make you feel ashamed to be from Kilkenny, between this fella and Shogan.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    that your best:D

Well if the best you have is “yawn” the next best you have is ****tng yourself and crying for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Hardly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Same guy I believe

Oh wow!

I've heard similar stories about other Sweeney siblings in the boom with questionable construction and planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Very apt username. Good post.

Even without covid I consider jolly’s like this of old boys networks completely inappropriate in a democracy. Separation of powers is a cop out answer too. If that’s the case judges shouldn’t be mingling with members of the other arm of the Oireachtas. Thank god for social media, Cowan’s game of golf with Seanie when the country was filleted would have been scrutinized more if we had Twitter back then. The media wouldn’t go there at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,370 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Maybe a strict ban on unofficial photos?

You know, adults feeling free to mix and mingle without some pr1ck taking snaps of them that they didn’t want..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement