Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe a strict ban on unofficial photos?

You know, adults feeling free to mix and mingle without some pr1ck taking snaps of them that they didn’t want..

Not every party in the World needs to have people going around with camera phones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I'm amazed not a single picture from the event has come out yet.

Maybe they had to put their phones in a bowl on arrival at the bash, a modern version of a key party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Maybe they had to put their phones in a bowl on arrival at the bash, a modern version of a key party.

Not like any of those to miss a photo opportunity. Cute hoors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

golfball37 wrote: »
    Very apt username. Good post.

Even without covid I consider jolly’s like this of old boys networks completely inappropriate in a democracy. Separation of powers is a cop out answer too. If that’s the case judges shouldn’t be mingling with members of the other arm of the Oireachtas. Thank god for social media, Cowan’s game of golf with Seanie when the country was filleted would have been scrutinized more if we had Twitter back then. The media wouldn’t go there at the time.

True but the Irish public by nature will be angry today tomorrow maybe Sunday until the media/Government distact the public with other stories and this whole Golf banquet will be forgotten and nothing will be done and the behaviour will continue.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Comerman wrote: »
    Not like any of those to miss a photo opportunity. Cute hoors

Not that cute, the gobsh*tes got caught and caused enormous damage .

• Advertisement

Most people I know now ban the stupidity of taking photos and sticking them up on social media. Just have a few beers and relax. You don't have to tell the World about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ballybritt on tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

True but the Irish public by nature will be angry today tomorrow maybe Sunday until the media/Government distact the public with other stories and this whole Golf banquet will be forgotten and nothing will be done and the behaviour will continue.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat!!

This is different, as referenced on the Six one news people have been kept away from the funerals of loved ones by restrictions I doubt amnesia will set in anytime soon despite the hopes of our so called elite

This is different, as referenced on the Six one news people have been kept away from the funerals of loved ones by restrictions I doubt amnesia will set in anytime soon despite the hopes of our so called elite

What do you want? line them up and shoot them all?

Seriously, what exactly do you want next? if you think people will go over the top what exactly do you want to see happen?

Not that cute, the gobsh*tes got caught and caused enormous damage .

I'd replace gobs*items with arrogant master baters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Arrogant idiots.

Was cake on the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Most people I know now ban the stupidity of taking photos and sticking them up on social media. Just have a few beers and relax. You don't have to tell the World about it.....

What's your point?

Arrogant idiots.

Was cake on the menu

Or Tarts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

You know he's going to be replaced, right?

Probably by Jack "I don't believe that the Irish people should get a say on the 8th amendment and there should be no referendum" Chambers.

Talented bunch.

What should happen -but won't- is that Michael Creed be reinstated as Min for Ag. With Brexit hotting up again this is no time to be sending a rookie into this vital department. Creed is au fait with much of the detail and can hold the fort when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Seriously, what exactly do you want next? if you think people will go over the top what exactly do you want to see happen?

For any public representatives.....

1)Resign their seats and/or public positions
    2) Pay the maximum Covid fine for breaking the very rules and regulations they set themselves for us to follow
    3) Put them in jail for two weeks as an example to the rest of the gang (they can all go in the same cell/block with a putter, Golf ball, and practice green between them all.....

Or Tarts

Or sandwedges.

Is this type of 'ah shur tis grand, what can we do shur'......that makes these Golf banquest or such like so easy to cover up!

What we need is more questions and proper answers!

What is the real link between John Sweeney and the newly elected Judge ?

As a previous poster said, there's a clear conflict of interest and humans being humans , we are prone to corruption if we can get away with it!

Why even is there an Oireachtas Golf Society, I bet more than half the members can't even play golf. It's just a society to rub shoulders and get people to scratch your back if you scratch theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Who won this golf yoke?
    What’s the score cards like.
    I’d say they’re all ****e at golf.

I'd say half of them don't even play it, just an excuse for p!ssups and.ego-stroking.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

boardise wrote: »
    Or sandwedges.

Twas a fairway to go for the Kilkenny boyos

Twas a fairway to go for the Kilkenny boyos

It's was, but with the orange weather warnings a lot of them when through the rough to get there!

• Advertisement

F34 wrote: »
    They don’t look at all the promises about Seanad reform if we voted to keep it. What’s been done since f-all lying ba*stards each and everyone of them.

Well Enda Kenny offered the electorate the chance to get rid of the shower of wasters in the Senate -but no , the great enlightened Irish people said let's keep them in their well padded seats spoofing and drawing expenses for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'd say half of them don't even play it, just an excuse for p!ssups and.ego-stroking.

Pretty sure it was mentioned on Drivetime this evening that Calleary doesn't play golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

ForestFire wrote: »
    It's was, but with the orange weather warnings a lot of them when through the rough to get there!

Can we just putt a sock in it with these awful puns !

This episode looks like it will become an albatross around FFs neck, it will most likely drive a wedge between them and FG. A little fore-thought could have prevented it all.
    MM will have to rule with a rod of iron if he wants to putt his house in order.

Then there are those who say this carry on is just par for the course.:D

boardise wrote: »
    Well Enda Kenny offered the electorate the chance to get rid of the shower of wasters in the Senate -but no , the great enlightened Irish people said let's keep them in their well padded seats spoofing and drawing expenses for Ireland.

The Seanad has a purpose as a second step check for the Dail. Reform would be a better solution to take....

Is this type of 'ah shur tis grand, what can we do shur'......that makes these Golf banquest or such like so easy to cover up!

What we need is more questions and proper answers!

What is the real link between John Sweeney and the newly elected Judge ?

As a previous poster said, there's a clear conflict of interest and humans being humans , we are prone to corruption if we can get away with it!

Why even is there an Oireachtas Golf Society, I bet more than half the members can't even play golf. It's just a society to rub shoulders and get people to scratch your back if you scratch theirs!

Hahahahaha

So you have a problem with people playing golf now, says it all really

No you don’t need any more questions answered. It was a private event, it was not a government event so to be honest it’s none of your business

The people have been punished.

If you think you you are entitled to every bit of information on a TD personally life your sadly mistaken

Have you a problem reading. I never requested anything.

You asked for photos, why do you want photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭eggy81

Haha haven’t seen one good point/argument yet, just name calling.

Or made one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I am looking forward to the talk radio shows and newspapers this weekend. I expect a few new revelations on Sunday too.

• Advertisement

I am looking forward to the talk radio shows and newspapers this weekend. I expect a few new revelations on Sunday too.

The Government will release some other news to the media to take away the focus from this Golf banquet and the Irish public will vaguely remember this whole affair......works every time!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement