Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am looking forward to the talk radio shows and newspapers this weekend. I expect a few new revelations on Sunday too.

Yep agree,

But in fairness, like most other big issues it will be all forgotten soon enough. It is the Silly Season and most people don't care much really.

That is what they are relying on, despite the AG MIN gone etc. Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Shefwedfan, why are your knickers in such a twist? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

The Government will release some other news to the media to take away the focus from this Golf banquet and the Irish public will vaguely remember this whole affair......works every time!!

Not this time. I was at a match earlier and everybody was talking about it. Normally quiet people are furious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I don't think those ministers should have resigned.

*Sorry i just wanted to be controversial haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Is there anything to be said for a Firing Squad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Shefwedfan, why are your knickers in such a twist? :pac:

I will walk in and talk a picture of you and your family while your in a public place and stick it up on a forum and see how you like it

What a stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

I'm amazed not a single picture from the event has come out yet.

You mean like this one? Selfies are more appropriate for funerals than golf outings

https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.4294769.1593707949!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620_330/image.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Not this time. I was at a match earlier and everybody was talking about it. Normally quiet people are furious.

Didn't the Government ban Matches for this exact reason...to stop people talking about such things?

I'm off to North Korea...at least there th Government are up front about suppressing the population!

Didn't the Government ban Matches for this exact reason...to stop people talking about such things?

I'm off to North Korea...at least there th Government are up front about suppressing the population!

Off you go, close the door on the way out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Maybe I'm from the wrong generation, but that 'look' does absolutely nothing for me.

Let's see ya without the pancake makeup and fake tan and bleached hair and see what you really look like.

Who are we talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Barry Cowen was the first Irish politician that I can remember who stood down because of negative public opinion.
    Has it ever happened before?

Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Uriel. wrote: »

Big Phil as he looked on Wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Comerman wrote: »
    Or Tarts

It'd be fecking hilarious if it was a tarts 'n' vicars party and photos leaked out :D

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Uriel. wrote: »

Mick Wallace.

It's odd that O'Cuiv didn't attend. It's his back yard and he would have known Mark Killilea well.

I am convinced Martin knew it was taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Is there anything to be said for a Firing Squad?
    there seems to be a circular one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Arrogant idiots.

Was cake on the menu

There's plenty of humble pie coming up for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

It's odd that O'Cuiv didn't attend. It's his back yard and he would have known Mark Killilea well.

Yes beacuse you know all these people personally :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

All we need now if for Dara to anonymously leak that to the meeja...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sunday papers might be interesting in regard to the details. Was a huge scoop for the Examiner...they'll all be out to emulate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Of course he did same as he knew about Cowan drink driving.. that wiggy Cassidy has a lot to answer for
    A Westmeath councilor claims he can’t recall if he attended or not
    What is wrong with these people? I know a lot of politicians are a bit dim but surely they have advisors to say cop the fook on and don’t be attending that sh1te
    Bunch of morons, I think the caliber of politician has gone down a lot

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes beacuse you know all these people personally :p:p:p:p:p

What are your IFA friends saying about losing another minister? Do you wear a face mask at the mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks be to GD we have a free Press here

Fair play to the Examiner. We just don't have a clue what they are up to at all. Their bosses need to kick ass constantly.

A bit too late for the current debacle, but honestly. They are off the scale.

Rules are for the peasants.

What are your IFA friends saying about losing another minister? Do you wear a face mask at the mart?

No surprise, a re-register....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Mick Wallace.

Mick Wallace is disqualified from his own company involvement for 6 years!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-mick-wallace-disqualified-for-six-years-from-company-involvement-36257686.html

PL33230071Up%20for%20the%20match%20INT_ED5_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

THIS ARE OUR POLITICIANS AND WE WONDER WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What do you want? line them up and shoot them all?

Seriously, what exactly do you want next? if you think people will go over the top what exactly do you want to see happen?

You're a contarian sort aren't you? I remember your posts on the Keeling's thread. I have no interest in indulging your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Mick Wallace.

Hubba hubba hubba.

Said no-one, ever.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Here comes Paudge to pour more petrol on the fire, mighty craic all together

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It may have already been asked and answered, but does Calleary qualify for a minister's pension or was his tenure too short?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

El Weirdo wrote: »
    It may have already been asked and answered, but does Calleary qualify for a minister's pension or was his tenure too short?

Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement