Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Of course he did same as he knew about Cowan drink driving.. that wiggy Cassidy has a lot to answer for
    A Westmeath councilor claims he can’t recall if he attended or not
    t
    which westmeath councilor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Thanks be to GD we have a free Press here

For now

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1296856748486254592

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

El Weirdo wrote: »
    It may have already been asked and answered, but does Calleary qualify for a minister's pension or was his tenure too short?

No. 2 years required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mick Wallace is disqualified from his own company involvement for 6 years!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-mick-wallace-disqualified-for-six-years-from-company-involvement-36257686.html

PL33230071Up%20for%20the%20match%20INT_ED5_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

THIS ARE OUR POLITICIANS AND WE WONDER WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG??

Ah but he's a great man for the soccer and paying taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 35,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No. 2 years required.

Remember when the country was falling apart and the Greens tried to pull a fast one switching their TDs around into ministerial posts so they'd all qualify for ministerial pensions?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

trashcan wrote: »
    Can we just putt a sock in it with these awful puns !

I agree with your stance on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Here comes Paudge to pour more petrol on the fire, mighty craic all together

That man looks coked up to the max

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

shefwedfan wrote:
    Are you actually taking random photos of people and sticking them on a public forum?

What’s the Is wrong the the mods around here?

Mod

Shefwedfan - If you intend to continue using this thread consider carefully what you're posting in it. While complaining about the picture the other poster uploaded (and quickly deleted) you quoted the image in full in your own post for some reason, and now you're complaining about moderation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Remember when you took photos of random people in a public place and put them on a forum?

Oooh greens fan here....

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Mick Wallace is disqualified from his own company involvement for 6 years!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-mick-wallace-disqualified-for-six-years-from-company-involvement-36257686.html

PL33230071Up%20for%20the%20match%20INT_ED5_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

THIS ARE OUR POLITICIANS AND WE WONDER WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG??

Was Wallace below in Clifden?

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Who are we talking about.

Yer wan on RTE who "interviewed" Mickey Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yer wan on RTE who "interviewed" Mickey Martin.

Caitriona Perry?

I think she's lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Barry Cowen was the first Irish politician that I can remember who stood down because of negative public opinion.
    Has it ever happened before?

Don't think Barry Cowan 'stood down' .
    He was sacked...i.e dismissed , relieved of his duties , booted out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Oooh greens fan here....

Sheffield Wednesday fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Thats a huge mistake in her first week of work as an advisor to Donnelly.

Corporate PR won't work in politics Colette. Such a rookie error.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Caitriona Perry?

I think she's lovely

Ooooh Matron! A lovely chassis on her

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Sheffield Wednesday fan.
    Hasn't he suffered enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McMurphy wrote: »
    I dunno plumb, a photo of big Phil with a tie tied around his forehead in the style of Mark Knopfler, sliding on his knees across the dance floor, playing air guitar would be funny as.fcuk.

Goddam it! I was close enough.

IMG-20200821-230302.jpg

Bend over and face Achill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Comerman wrote: »

How could he inadvertently attend the function?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Ah now there's a funny guy, 80 of them weren't aware of the guidelines, but Mr Brett didn't know he was going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

I look at this on two levels.

On one level I agree that perhaps he should resign for failing to follow rules that his own government implemented.

On another level, I just don't give a toss. Really, I think everyone, LITERALLY everybody in this country has failed to follow the rules to the letter at all times. Has anyone considered that people may have attended this event in good faith, not knowing how many would be there? Was there social distancing and mask wearing where appropriate? These would be relevant questions.
    The fact that he resigned over this reminds of when in 2018, a British lord resigned from the House of Lords for being 2 minutes late to a debate. Honestly, stop being such a drama queen. Apologise and get on with your job rather than scandalising your government further.

I think this country is effectively out of lockdown already even if (on paper) we still have restrictions. Road traffic is about 90% of what it was before. People are getting on with their lives and even if they aren't following every single guideline, the majority are wearing masks when required and distancing physically when with others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

elperello wrote: »
    “I suppose the party leader has made it clear that everybody must pay a price for what has happened. We attended the function inadvertently, but still we have to pay a price” he told KCLR News.

Comedy gold :)

How does some one who lives in Kilkenny attend a function in Clifden "inadvertently" ?

Reminds me of this...

HI all,

Just want to acknowledge I made a serious error of judgement earlier on this thread (and deleted it.)

It's hardly fair of me to demand high standards of politicians etc. while failing to live up to acceptable standards myself.

Because I'm "here" and directly affected by this event emotions are running a bit high, but that's not an excuse.

'Night all.

Another nail in the FF coffin - roll it there Colette :D

RIP Part 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    I look at this on two levels.

On one level I agree that perhaps he should resign for failing to follow rules that his own government implemented.

On another level, I just don't give a toss. Really, I think everyone, LITERALLY everybody in this country has failed to follow the rules to the letter at all times. Has anyone considered that people may have attended this event in good faith, not knowing how many would be there? Was there social distancing and mask wearing where appropriate? These would be relevant questions.
    The fact that he resigned over this reminds of when in 2018, a British lord resigned from the House of Lords for being 2 minutes late to a debate. Honestly, stop being such a drama queen. Apologise and get on with your job rather than scandalising your government further.

I think this country is effectively out of lockdown already even if (on paper) we still have restrictions. Road traffic is about 90% of what it was before. People are getting on with their lives and even if they aren't following every single guideline, the majority are wearing masks when required and distancing physically when with others.

F**k off Sean.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

They scandalise themselves, Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Thats a huge mistake in her first week of work as an advisor to Donnelly.

Corporate PR won't work in politics Colette. Such a rookie error.

What did she say, can't hear it in that clip, presumably she was acting on Donnelly's instructions - says little for Donnelly if he put her in that position her first week on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

F**k off Sean.

No. I don't think I will.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Take a wrong turn in Tullamore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement