Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Money on it Big Phil will hold on to his job with little fat greedy grabby hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hogan has got it away it. Monday will bring new controversy and drama.

The next issue is schools and the leaving cert results. The invisible minister, Norma Foley, will be in the firing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I presume we all understand that Calleary resigned his ministry in order to ensure no more backlash in an effort to quell the quell the public dissatisfaction to a Level that allows him retain his Seat first and foremost the next time round. Hopefully his constituents seek greater representation.

It's a farce that TDs cannot be sacked. They can only be voted out. It encourages corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Love the little digs we sometimes see when the media uses stock photos and the photos they then use, to capture the mood.

Dr Harty of Oireachtas Health and Safety apologises.
    He's some doctor.
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1297203501156704257?s=19

• Advertisement

There’s a clear theme running here, no doubt agreed from on-high

(Insert your name here) deeply regret that I found myself at the Oireachtas Golf Society event, it was a (make sure you use these exactly words) serious lack of judgment on my part and I deeply regret any distress and hurt that may have been caused.”

And don’t, whatever you do, end this with “Now, feck off”

Got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sorolla wrote: »
    But there was a divider partition at the function - I believe nobody really did anything wrong in a legal sense

I think the decisive action by the minister in resigning even though he did nothing wrong will lead to a swelling of support for FF

This witch hunt has to stop

Idiotic post tbh.

This is not about legalities - its about public opinion, public sacrifice, public hardship over the last 6 months. Attending that event smacked of "who gives a fúck" attitude and has pissed off a lot of people.

Remember, these are elected TD's and Ministers who are supposed to be leading this country. Every single one of them deserve to be sacked, not just from ministeries, but from politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Our political system is completely broken beyond repair.
    The politicians do not care about our Country.
    The voters do not care about our Country.
    We love our political parties.
    This is the best thing happened in Irish politics in last 30 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Apparently two of Brian Hayes guests at the golfing bash were Vulture Fund employees but this has not been confirmed yet. Scroll down the tweet for a pic of the arrangements for his table.
    https://twitter.com/bergormanlowry/status/1297123415116132353?s=19

Pic of table arrangements
    https://twitter.com/icecreemy/status/1297230140657872896?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I presume we all understand that Calleary resigned his ministry in order to ensure no more backlash in an effort to quell the public dissatisfaction to a Level that allows him retain his Seat first and foremost the next time round. Hopefully his constituents seek greater representation.

You are expecting a lot from Mayo people. The greatest whingers in the country will still hope he'll make a comeback to be a "Minishter"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Mayo for Sam 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Dr Harty of Oireachtas Health and Safety apologises.
    He's some doctor.
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1297203501156704257?s=19

You would be better off getting medical advice off Michael Jacksons doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Mayo for Sam 2020.

No. Its Wicklows year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I do not understand the term trolling though i was called that once here, they then asked the mod to close their post as i was not agreeing with ???

Is it kinda like being an eejit? Tell me what it is so i can practice...

He is right as the whole political system is discredited by one event...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I'm glad I live in a country where some media is unafraid to publish articles on our so called representatives/judiciary.

The politicians who come out objecting to the golf outing are as hypocritical as the attendees. Many of them would have heard about the occasion beforehand. How many were willing to speak up about it in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Councillor Bennett S.F. Monaghan is just back fron a lovely holiday in Lanzarotte with her family. Apparently she went because if she cancelled she "wouldnt get her money back".
    She has apologised so that o.k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a farce that TDs cannot be sacked. They can only be voted out. It encourages corruption.

Most of the population isn't as outraged as the noise of online commemting suggests.

But I'd like to see people being blocked becoming TDs if they have criminal convictions or find against by a tribunal. So that would be Michael Lowry and Dessie Ellis gone for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Don't think he's trolling. It's called rounding the wagons for the establishment who have been caught out. Making it seem like they have paid the price already.

By next Tuesday/Wednesday some other member of the government/establishment will be calling the questioning of those same people bullying or hounding and asking people to move on for the "good of the nation" or some such sh1te.

If nothing these crooks are predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Edgware wrote: »
    Councillor Bennett S.F. Monaghan is just back fron a lovely holiday in Lanzarotte with her family. Apparently she went because if she cancelled she "wouldnt get her money back".

I sincerely hope if some member of staff or hotel client get's sick with the virus she hopes it was worth it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

My understanding is that once she quarantines for 14 days after coming back there is no issue. What is she apologising for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

You are expecting a lot from Mayo people. The greatest whingers in the country will still hope he'll make a comeback to be a "Minishter"

A generalisation much.:rolleyes:

I for one expected nothing less than his resignation.

There is not a constituency in the country where a portion of the electorate craves a minister in spite of the true role of minister to serve the national interest as opposed to their bailiwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭appledrop

OK so now we have a number of guests who seem to have been abroad to non green list countries + broke 14 day quantaine by attending.

Mary Lou has also now asked if event broke 105min restriction + may have also gone on past 11pm.

Lads this is just getting better + better.

Every single one of them needs to be tested for Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Leo and Micheal ask Phil to "consider his position"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-and-tanaiste-tell-phil-hogan-to-consider-his-position-as-eu-commission-over-golfgate-dinner-39470351.html

... Can't see him paying them much heed somehow considering the EU didn't seem to care about it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Jizique

I sincerely hope if some member of staff or hotel client get's sick with the virus she hopes it was worth it,

She wasn’t at the golf; hell will freeze over before a SF member tees off alongside the AG and a Supreme Court judge at an Oireachtas golf outing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A councillor from the Soc Dems went off on his hols as well it seems, Shortall and Murphy very quiet on that when its one of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The FFG whataboutery edict has issued from Mount St

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

ebbsy wrote: »
    You would be better off getting medical advice off Michael Jacksons doctor.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The FFG whataboutery edict has issued from Mount St

It's quite pathetic but shows the impact of the Clifden Elite 81.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement