Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Leo and Micheal ask Phil to "consider his position"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-and-tanaiste-tell-phil-hogan-to-consider-his-position-as-eu-commission-over-golfgate-dinner-39470351.html

... Can't see him paying them much heed somehow considering the EU didn't seem to care about it either

Leo couldn't even get Dara Murphy to pay back his fraudulent expenses when he quit the Dail for Brussels after double jobbing for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

This will make a great film or miniseries. Who will play the main characters though?
    Eugene Levy or Dan Hedaya as Dara C maybe?

Either the Rock or Grant Mitchell to play Big Phil.
    Father Eoin McLove actor to play Judge Seamus Woulfe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-and-tanaiste-tell-phil-hogan-to-consider-his-position-as-eu-commission-over-golfgate-dinner-39470351.html

... Can't see him paying them much heed somehow considering the EU didn't seem to care about it either

They were obviously afraid of their sh1te to do anything while he was still on Irish soil, rang him after he had legged it back to Belgium (in quarantine of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Thats a load of rubbish, someone here said he is gone, well rehearsed i expect...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Either the Rock or Grant Mitchell to play Big Phil.
    Father Eoin McLove actor to play Judge Seamus Woulfe.

Chalize Theron to play the intrepid reporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Edgware wrote: »
    Councillor Bennett S.F. Monaghan is just back fron a lovely holiday in Lanzarotte with her family. Apparently she went because if she cancelled she "wouldnt get her money back".
    She has apologised so that o.k.

She was right to go as once she fallows Airline, Spanish rules while there and Irish rules on return all ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Rusty Goffe to play Gerry Buttimer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Should the people at the yellow vest rally resign from their jobs too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

What jobs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

anyone who attended should be fired

• Advertisement

Of course anybody who wears a yellow vest should resign, FFS what is the world coming to, people will be wearing stringed vests next if there isn't a clampdown on this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hogan now in trouble.

Will he brazen it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Of course anybody who wears a yellow vest should resign, FFS what is the world coming to, people will be wearing stringed vests next if there isn't a clampdown on this sort of thing.

Is it non pc to say a wifebeater vest !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hogan now in trouble.

Will he brazen it out?

Probably, but he's ****ed.

When you have to explain your movements then you are toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Hogan now in trouble.

Will he brazen it out?

He won't give a response tonight according to Rte
    https://twitter.com/sandra_hurley/status/1297263288699564032?s=19

Hogan now in trouble.

Will he brazen it out?

I'd like to get another week out of it to be honest. It's great craic and there is more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh grand, we'll get the morning radio programmes to discuss it so.

The judge then is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

The FFG whataboutery edict has issued from Mount St

Edict not necessary: it's only a few weeks since Michelle O'Neill was appearing in selfies at a funeral. Has she resigned yet?

Who would have thought brass neck were what O'Neill and Hogan had in common.

rdwight wrote: »
    Edict not necessary: it's only a few weeks since Michelle O'Neill was appearing in selfies at a funeral. Has she resigned yet?

Who would have thought brass neck were what O'Neill and Hogan had in common.

It mightn't be necessary but it looks like it has issued anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Does “reflecting on it” mean he has to see in tomorrow’s papers who has found out what about where he was since he came back from Brussels and how many of the quarantine rules he broke,before he will say anything further....(which I’ve no doubt will be “eff off” to MM and LV.)

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    Probably, but he's ****ed.

When you have to explain your movements then you are toast.

Not sure, he has a neck like a jockey's bollix so I think he might tough it out, he is away, out of the limelight and no political future here, and can't be sacked, He is on a nice little earner there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

I'm guessing there is something coming out in the papers tomorrow that's pushed them to make a move now to protect themselves, I wonder if it's proof Hogan didn't isolate for 2 weeks on return from Belgium before going to the event?

Not sure, he has a neck like a jockey's bollix so I think he might tough it out, he is away, out of the limelight and no political future here, and can't be sacked, He is on a nice little earner there.

And he hasn’t got the embarrassment gene, at all

I'm guessing there is something coming out in the papers tomorrow that's pushed them to make a move now to protect themselves, I wonder if it's proof Hogan didn't isolate for 2 weeks on return from Belgium before going to the event?

You could be onto something there!!

I reckon so! :)

Oh grand, we'll get the morning radio programmes to discuss it so.

The judge then is next.

Hes done as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Dail being recalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dail being recalled.

Where did you hear this, thanks?

Yep has to be the quarantine issue.

No way back from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Dail being recalled.

Where did you see that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement