Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

Ends Kenny played in the golf and when he saw the dinner arrangements left .Smart man our Enda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Gods Gift wrote: »
    I hope no ones off out foreign on their holidays.

Healy reas won’t be happy goin back.

I think theree will be an election as soon as Covid allows this to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

jojofizzio wrote: »
    What’s the betting he actually didn’t know that he could do it....wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest that it came as news to him that he could :rolleyes:

He is the biggest disappointment of a Taoiseach ever.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sunday world saying Big Phil had just returned from a golf tournament in “covid hit Holland” before heading to clifden

He’s a goner

Good night and good luck!

Plenty of time for golf now Phil.

FF and FG reeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Here’s the story

• Advertisement

zztop wrote: »
    Ends Kenny played in the golf and when he saw the dinner arrangements left .Smart man our Enda.

I think Enda has being our best leader in recent times.
    Not very good style, integrity yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sunday world saying Big Phil had just returned from a golf tournament in “covid hit Holland” before heading to clifden

He’s a goner

How can the Irish Government sack him? I doubt EU will either as I suspect many of their cohort have been all over the Continent during the hollier season.

We actually need him as Trade Commissioner for Brexit. He has a neck like a jockey's blx which is what is needed to face up to Britain in this aspect.

It does pain me to say that, but we shall see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think Enda has being our best leader in recent times.
    Not very good style, integrity yes...

Bertie and Charlie are beginning to look good given the antics of Michael & Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Here’s the story

Makes a complete liar of him if true. Didn’t he say on Friday that he complied with quarantine rules. He’s got to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He was supposed to have been staying in Kilkenny wasn't he? At least think that was his story anyway. Interesting if he digs his heels in, as wouldnt surprise me, what the two boys would do then. Could get messy this story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

He’s a goner

As low as it get's putting peoples life's in danger like that. Pure utter dirt of a man.

I’ve been reflecting on how MM said that Dara Calleary showed “leadership” by resigning on Friday morning.

I think that’s complete hokum.

True “leadership” would have been MM firing Calleary, without giving him the opportunity to resign. It would have demonstrated some resolve to try to sort out the absolute shambles it has become.

Bit harsh. I’d imagine Martin read him the riot act and let him know in no uncertain terms that he had to resign. But he let him save some face by resigning which is a decent thing to do rather than grandstanding or dancing on his grave.

There are a lot of things to criticise Martin for. This isn’t one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

zztop wrote: »

Coz he couldn’t stand the crowd that were there,or....??

He is the biggest disappointment of a Taoiseach ever.

Cowan instead maybe, to keep the dynasty going?

There is such a small pool in FF now that it's no wonder they are all floundering.

Who would you choose as Taoiseach from FF? Or indeed AG Min West of the Shannon, nothing else will do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Trickle on the way out.

How can the Irish Government sack him? I doubt EU will either as I suspect many of their cohort have been all over the Continent during the hollier season.

We actually need him as Trade Commissioner for Brexit. He has a neck like a jockey's blx which is what is needed to face up to Britain in this aspect.

It does pain me to say that, but we shall see what happens.

We do not need people like that, ever. He is an embarrasment to us as a country.
    I expect that what has happened behind the scenes will decide. If the EU do not want him he will resign with some spin reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Makes a complete liar of him if true. Didn’t he say on Friday that he complied with quarantine rules. He’s got to be gone.

Yea, a complete and utter liar (if this report is true)

We do not need people like that, ever. He is an embarrasment to us as a country.
    I expect that what has happened behind the scenes will decide. If the EU do not want him he will resign with some spin reason...

Yeah, on reflection you are probably right.

But we do really need someone with cojones for the Trade Deal too. I'm conflicted TBH.

Hogan has to be sacked by the EU Commission. If it happens Ursula Von der Leyen will do it.

I wonder if any Commissioner has been sacked before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If the holland story is true, and suspect Martin & Varadkar, wouldnt be taking their extreme position without advance knowledge of some breaking news, then how on earth did hogan imagine it wouldn't emerge? Or is he that arrogant and indomitable he just doesn't care whats thrown at him? Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DeanAustin wrote: »
    He’s been in the job for less than a couple of months. Inglorious start but can’t be judged yet. Why is there always a rush to make statements like this?

He's lost two ministers, his health and education ministers are not getting their message across, his Tanaiste is breaking rank and doing solo runs, and this is all occurring in the 'honeymoon and holiday' period.

But we do really need someone with cojones for the Trade Deal too. I'm conflicted TBH.

I’ve posted this a couple of times. If what he did deserves resignations/sacking, he should go. That’s the only question that needs answering.

If anyone thinks he should stay because he’s good at his job or because it’s in Ireland’s best interest that he stays then you’re advocating a system where the punishment depends on who the person being punished is rather than the crime they’ve committed. That’s no way to decide these things.

He’s well out of order particularly if the SW story is true (and even if it’s not). He has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Hogan has to be sacked by the EU Commission. If it happens Ursula Von der Leyen will do it.

She has no choice now. He's put other people at risk when the EU is in the middle of fighting the virus. He's finished.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's lost two ministers, his health and education ministers are not getting their message across, his Tanaiste is breaking rank and doing solo runs, and this is all occurring in the 'honeymoon and holiday' period.

It’s still too early to judge him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yep, even though a commissioner is nominated by a country and becomes an EU Commissioner, their first allegiance is to the EU not the country they come from (so I don't really think 'we need him there' means diddlysquat esp. Mercosur Hogan tbh), the country that nominated them can have some sway over their position via the EU if they make such a press release as tonights, they are basically saying we don't have confidence in the guy we nominated!

At the very least, it should prompt an investigation by the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

He definitely won't be sacked, but it's looking increasingly likely that he will have to resign

She has no choice now. He's put other people at risk when the EU is in the middle of fighting the virus. He's finished.

The EU AFAIS did not issue any instructions to member states re C19. They totally backed off and left it up to individual member states to decide how to react.

Wonder on what basis he could be sacked by VD Leyen. Not supporting Hogan at all, just wondering how it could happen.

I am biased i never liked him as i thought he full of shlt.
    He was so stupid he couldn't have a bit of fun in Doha without being on the front page pic fallowing day.
    I am non political...

• Advertisement

I am biased i never liked him as i thought he full of shlt.
    He was so stupid he couldn't have a bit of fun in Doha without being on the front page pic fallowing day.
    I am non political...

I hear ya loud and clear.

I did make an error of judgment, clouded perhaps by hoping that little ole Ireland had a strong voice at the Brexit Trade talks.

I submit my resignation fortwith!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement