Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo won't say too much about it, there was a few FGers on the scene too.

Do u not know Leo will hang out anyone to save himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Yes. Leaving Saturday.

We've come here every year for the last five years now.

I'm shocked they allowed this to happen.

Did you see Hogan there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    For any defenders. This.

He has to go, end of.

Same to MLM for her antics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

MM needs to get over any 'embarrassment' and dump the dope Calleary.
    That might rescue him for a few more weeks (exam grading/schools opening disaster incoming with a novice absent minister in charge)
    Varadkar and any other party involved need to do the same, pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

A couple of mentally challenged FG TDs and Senators were present too which will stop Leo from adopting the high moral ground and demanding that DC be fired. But if Baldy Donnelly kicks up about this - as he should - then Calleary will be history. Looking at it dispassionately, he's no better than Jay Bourke.

What FG TDS and senators were there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is not good for FF.
    However, I would ask whether any attendee knew the layout of things at the hotel before going there. No doubt if asked the hotel would claim that they were complying with the regulations. So I would distinguish between the organisers and the attendees. Now the attendees should probably have left if they arrived and there were too many, but that is different from organising the event.
    Plenty of people from FG there as well by looks of it.
    I am guessing the people organising it knew the numbers, and should have known better.

Will Yam wrote: »
    Only list of attendees I have seen so far. Lot more to come out clearly.

The hotel and society declined to confirm who had attended but the guest list included: Minister for Agriculture Dara Calleary and his wife Siobhan, Galway TD Noel Grealish, Senator Jerry Buttimer, Senator John Cummins, Senator Paul Daly, Senator Niall Blaney, former Fine Gael Senator Cáit Keane, Judge and former Attorney General Seamus Woulfe, the Moroccan Ambassador Lahcen Mahraoui, former Labour Party senator Lorraine Higgins, former Fine Gael Senator and TD for Sligo–Leitrim Gerry Reynolds, former Fine Gael senator Imelda Henry, Circuit Court judge and a former Workers' Party TD Pat McCartan, who serves as the vice-captain, and a number of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Will Yam wrote: »

Senator Jerry Buttimer, Senator John Cummins, former Fine Gael Senator Cáit Keane, former Fine Gael Senator and TD for Sligo–Leitrim Gerry Reynolds, former Fine Gael senator Imelda Henry

That many at least, but it will have been mostly FF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Its ok. When I see Calleary I think under that skin theres a reptilian... probably immune from covid.
    Did anyone see the menu?
    Did it mention live prey?

I always think he looks like a dead ringer of Jeff Tracey from Thunderbirds

thunderbirds_uk.jeff_tracy.jpg

0009-ff-parliamentary-390x285.jpg

xl500 wrote: »
    For Gods Sake there was a judge there sure he could be sentencing someone next week for being in breach of guidelines its mad

Is there a law now about gatherings. Is the fine and/or 6 months in jail possible?

If there is, Gards should arrest them all on suspicion and charge them all accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Same to MLM for her antics?

Ah yeah a socially distant funeral is the same a party with the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

It’s possible MM will see Calleary now the rain is gone and sack him. Let’s face it he wasn’t first choice anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

I don't think it should even come to that. The Minister for Health should already have told MM that it's "him or me". If DC isn't sacked, then Donnelly will be seen to have zero credibility - and he'll be screwed by the media at every Covid press conference - as will MM.

Would you go away out of that, Donnelly wants power at any cost and now that he has it he won’t give it up.jumped ship to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

All adherence to restrictions is gonna go out the window now. They've lost whatever respect they held.
    Looking at the case numbers France and Germany have put up today, things are looking very bleak here for the coming weeks. Our numbers will inevitably rise & the little respect remaining for restrictions will exacerbate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

If your house is half in the North can you have 12 people?

Only if it’s n ira funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Edz87 wrote: »
    12 people at my dad's funeral at the beginning of the crisis and within the hour he was put in the ground I was back home sitting on my couch staring into space. Alone with my wife.

This cnut can pick a window

Sorry to hear that Edz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How in the name of jesus did they think this was a good idea? Did no one on the organising committee stop and say they should postpone it?
    Supposed seasoned politicians? I cannot get over how easily they have removed their own feet and relinquished any credibility they may have needed to guide the Country through this difficult time of restrictions.

I would be far from one to stick the boot into any new ministers but **** them. There are teenagers out there with more cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd love to know. In Kildare myself lads and they can stick their restrictions up their bollix.....Isn't that what Callery said to himself.

Like I said, Cummings moment. I live in Dublin and all my family and friends live in Kildare. They are all raging at the double standards. Further restrictions will go to **** if he's not sacked tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm finding it hard to give a fook about these social distancing transgressions be it the Sinn Fein funeral, Berlin dancing, Failte Ireland chief going to Spain or ministerial golf dinner.

I could use it as a political football but it would be disingenuous. I no longer have the energy to scold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I always think he looks like a dead ringer of Jeff Tracey from Thunderbirds

I'll see your Jeff Tracey, and raise you a Eugene Levy

450?cb=20130424061252

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

There'll be feck all happen to him.....he apologised.....slime ball Martin will just smirk it out and blubber some ****e about fundamental this or fundamental that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Thought i'd seen it all in my 47 years on this earth in regards political arsehats with the Donald topping it all off. Step forward Dara Calleary.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

I'm finding it hard to give a fook about these social distancing transgressions be it the Sinn Fein funeral, Berlin dancing, Failte Ireland chief going to Spain or ministerial golf dinner.

I could use it as a political football but it would be disingenuous. I no longer have the energy to scold.

Its is the hypocrisy of the situation. If he wasn't out peddling the virtues of the restrictions the whole time knowing he would be in breach himself shortly. No one likes a hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Phil Hogan and Sean O'Rourke also at the function

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Did Phil fly in from Belgium? is also being asked by journos

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sounds like a right Leinster House insiders p1ss up

Gobsh1tes all

Looks like it!
    https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1296557560787546114?s=19

Is that really an essential journey for Phil Hogan ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Senator Jerry Buttimer, Senator John Cummins, former Fine Gael Senator Cáit Keane, former Fine Gael Senator and TD for Sligo–Leitrim Gerry Reynolds, former Fine Gael senator Imelda Henry

That many at least, but it will have been mostly FF
    you forgot Phil Hogan, who will have questions to answer regarding when he arrived back in Ireland and did he restrict his movements, but hey that's just for the plebs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Time for a socially distanced coup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

gmisk wrote: »
    Looks like it!
    https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1296557560787546114?s=19

Is that really an essential journey for Phil Hogan ffs!

No wonder the virus is wiping us out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement