Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Donie Cassidys comment in this is gas. What a smug, hungry prick.
    https://twitter.com/RuthCoppingerSP/status/1297581564893827072?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Have to say this journalist has been very much on top of the detail on this story from the start and has pinpointed again where the EU might (or certainly should )have an issue with what are now outright lies to it and the Irish people. This is beyond a joke now. Nobody should be backing down on this affront.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1297579989676761089

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Have to say this journalist has been very much on top of the detail on this story from the start and has pinpointed again where the EU might (or certainly should )have an issue with what are now outright lies to it and the Irish people. This is beyond a joke now. Nobody should be backing down on this affront.

It's all one big fat liar after another from Phil. It was obvious from Leo's radio interview that he was aware facts might be not as stated by Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Happy4all wrote: »
    It's all one big fat liar after another from Phil. It was obvious from Leo's radio interview that he was aware facts might be not as stated by Hogan.

Leo lost it. He actually sounded proper flustered. Is he meant to be the straight talking one or is that another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

FFG lads be on here now with more spin and spoof. Sure, Sure, Sure didnt you go 5.1km when it was supposed to be 5km. Didnt we all party.

Same wolf different jacket. These lads arrogance and spoofs atr off the chart, do as i say not as i do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Hogan will walk away from this scot free....the man is untouchable. Leo and Martin have both shot their load and have nothing left....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

smurgen wrote: »
    Leo lost it. He actually sounded proper flustered. Is he meant to be the straight talking one or is that another one?

Leo needs to step up to the plate tomorrow if he wants to maintain the support of the public that have been impressed by his performance since the last election.

That weasel Buttimer has to go, this spin that they are putting out that he has resigned is fooling some people but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Buttimer resigned from a 25 grand a year perk he had for doing nothing only the job he was supposed to do and he is being paid dam well for from our hard earned tax money.

The next few days will be interesting, there will be anarchy if this debacle isn't dealt with properly and rightly so.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

gifted wrote: »
    Hogan will walk away from this scot free....the man is untouchable. Leo and Martin have both shot their load and have nothing left....

He will in his balls, he's a dead man walking.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

gifted wrote: »

Give it a day or two though I have noticed a change in tone on Rte today, a bit softer. This is Hogans stand and "the national interest" card was thrown onto the table a couple of times, if he gets to tuesday he'll probably survive imv, the EU are a law onto themselves at that level

But now RTÉ have this up....
    A spokesperson for Phil Hogan said the EU Commissioner travelled "briefly" to Kildare before going to Clifden to attend the Oireachtas Golf Society event earlier this week.

Mr Hogan had been staying in Kilkenny but visited his apartment in Kildare to collect "personal belongings and essential work documents" on 14 August.

The spokesperson said these documents related to EU/US trade negotiations which continued while he was in Galway.

He said: "The lockdown guidelines for Kildare provide for exceptional travel outside the county 'to travel to work and home again'."

So why lie the first time round? Surely going from Kilkenny to Clifden via Kildare is really taking the long way round and you’d remember.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He will in his balls, he's a dead man walking.

He may well at this stage. The EU are backing him, he can tell Martin and Varadkar to screw themselves.

You can be certain Merkel, the EU Presidents etc will be calling Dublin calling for a need for stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Danzy wrote: »
    He may well at this stage. The EU are backing him, he can tell Martin and Varadkar to screw themselves.

You can be certain Merkel, the EU Presidents etc will be calling Dublin calling for a need for stability.

Behaviour like his and the contempt his like show for rules is one of the reasons Farage was able to whip up Brexiteers.

If he is on the EU negotiating team for the trade talks he weakens their hand.

One of the main reasons the Brexiteers wanted out is that elected EU officials are not accountable to anyone but themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

But now RTÉ have this up....

So why lie the first time round? Surely going from Kilkenny to Clifden via Kildare is really taking the long way round and you’d remember.

:D

The essential belongings definitely were not golf gloves and shoes. They were trade documents

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

If you're telling me that the EU Commissioner couldn't get documents couriered to a hotel he was going to and had to pick them up personally then they are dodgy documents for his eyes only or it's a usual political excuse pulled from the book of Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

If you're telling me that the EU Commissioner couldn't get documents couriered to a hotel he was going to and had to pick them up personally then they are dodgy documents for his eyes only or it's a usual political excuse pulled from the book of Bertie
    What an escalation!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Sorolla wrote: »
    Will the leaders of the government call upon the Morroccan Ambassador to resign?

Like the EU commissioner he was also a guest at the event in Clifden?

I betcha they won’t.

I am told Hogan is a member, i don't know about the guy from Africa...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Danzy wrote: »

"Herr Bundeskanzler Merkel, call Dublin urgently, we need some stability!!!!”

*rapturous laughter*

“Vill you f*ck off, zee bald idiot schweinhund Hogan is our plaything to keep zem potato eating animals thinking all ist güt. Zee stupid paddies LOLZ!!!, now fük off Peter Sutherland and don’t ring me again, you cünt.”

Sorolla wrote: »
    If this government is not careful Ireland will lose a very important commissioner.

As I mentioned in a previous post it is of upmost importance that the leaders of the government apologize to the Commissioner immediately either in person in Brussels or by way of a Special Broadcast on RTÉ

The apology should read as follows:

The Press, Radio and Television coverage of events so far have been very unfair and we are so sorry.

You were the guest and now we are pressing you to resign.

We are so sorry.

We are very proud that the commission has such a very distinguished and worthy representative at this great Council and we know that your work in Brussels will shed further lustre on the great achievements of your good self for the EU and Éire.

Once again we are sorry and ask for you forgiveness.

If this doesn’t do the trick then maybe we can get the Pope to intervene on our behalf

So we keep Commissioner and lose our democratic credibility.
    Kiss backsides for EU grants, we are well practised...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Jizique

"Herr Bundeskanzler Merkel, call Dublin urgently, we need some stability!!!!”

*rapturous laughter*

“Vill you f*ck off, zee bald idiot schweinhund Hogan is our plaything to keep zem potato eating animals thinking all ist güt. Zee stupid paddies LOLZ!!!, now fük off Peter Sutherland and don’t ring me again, you cünt.”

Even Farage and Marc Francois wouldn’t come out with that crap

Jizique wrote: »

Try a post without mentioning Farage...it’ll be tough, you can do it.

• Advertisement

So we keep Commissioner and lose our democratic credibility.
    Kiss backsides for EU grants, we are well practised...

I can just imagine how excited and agitated you guys would be if the Irish Commissioner was in charge of toilet cleaning and pubs while the British (in pre Brexit days) got the big jobs like trade

Try a post without mentioning Farage...it’ll be tough, you can do it.

Why? He is the benchmark; are you happier with Steve Baker then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is all over now.

Schools opening next.

Norma is in voice training from the usual suspects for the interviews lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It is all over now.

Schools opening next.

Norma is in voice training from the usual suspects for the interviews lol.

Let me guess. The awful terry prone giving her 1 to 1 lessons

Have you any idea whats going on?
    Our last 2 Taoiseach have made eejits of themselves by asking Hogan to "consider his position"
    The are still at the helm and they did not know the rules of the political game, they have made complete fools of themaelves and us as a people.
    Now 24 hours later Martin has disappeared and Leo asking for explaination.
    I am not unhappy but this is what is going on.
    They have left us completely exposed to the riducule you do not like...

Why? He is the benchmark; are you happier with Steve Baker then

Because the title of the thread is “Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines“. I’d have more time and respect for those that just obsessing with Sinn Féin deflection stuff which is somewhat relevant.

Obsessing over Brexit and Hogans trade portfolio influence on any deal, which I am assuming you are trying to do? but somehow pulling Farage, repeatedly...is irrelevant and pathetic.

Because the title of the thread is “Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines“. I’d have more time and respect for those that just obsessing with Sinn Féin deflection stuff which is somewhat relevant.

Obsessing over Brexit and Hogans trade portfolio influence on any deal, which I am assuming you are trying to do? but somehow pulling Farage, repeatedly...is irrelevant and pathetic.

I can guarantee that the #1 hope of the Brexit brigade is that the EU’s Irish trade commissioner loses his job - “EU trade policy in tatters as Hogan fired” and all the chat about “unelected bureaucrat Hogan”; the Telegraph and lesser press would have a field day.
    And all caused by the Irish having hissy fit.
    And I am not defending the stupidity of anyone involved - they are all fools and gobdaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Did I just hear correctly that Hogan was caught by the Gardai using his mobile phone on his infamous trip to Clifden on August 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 15,128 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Did I just hear correctly that Hogan was caught by the Gardai using his mobile phone on his infamous trip to Clifden on August 17th

Yes, another addition to the rap sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cute Hoor wrote: »

Yes..correct!

But he wasn’t gargling....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement