Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Let me guess. The awful terry prone giving her 1 to 1 lessons

Well if true those lessons were to stay quiet, and it worked so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Jizique wrote: »
    I can guarantee that the #1 hope of the Brexit brigade is that the EU’s Irish trade commissioner loses his job - “EU trade policy in tatters as Hogan fired” and all the chat about “unelected bureaucrat Hogan”; the Telegraph and lesser press would have a field day.
    And all caused by the Irish having hissy fit.
    And I am not defending the stupidity of anyone involved - they are all fools and gobdaws.

Leo said a few years ago that Brexit nothing to do with us as we were staying in.
    I thought he should have kept his mouth shut at the time but he played the EU card.
    UK has little interest in our economics. Having a field day is what journalists do.
    Enda was far more tactful than Leo.
    Back to golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ForestFire

elperello wrote: »
    Yes, another addition to the rap sheet.

Jesus can he not afford, I mean can our taxes not afford, to pay for a Bluetooth kit for him??.... Or even a nice merc with one built in.!

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Did I just hear correctly that Hogan was caught by the Gardai using his mobile phone on his infamous trip to Clifden on August 17th

Come on, you need to source this. Or maybe you are a Garda with a pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's on the Indo's and Newstalks twitter. Tony Connelly tweeting it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Did I just hear correctly that Hogan was caught by the Gardai using his mobile phone on his infamous trip to Clifden on August 17th

Its minor stuff but points on licence for stupidity as i expect he have speaker phone...

Calleary is gone as is the Leas whatever of the Seanad.

low hanging fruit.

No one else will be gone. This is Ireland remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Jizique wrote: »
    I can guarantee that the #1 hope of the Brexit brigade is that the EU’s Irish trade commissioner loses his job - “EU trade policy in tatters as Hogan fired” and all the chat about “unelected bureaucrat Hogan”; the Telegraph and lesser press would have a field day.
    And all caused by the Irish having hissy fit.
    And I am not defending the stupidity of anyone involved - they are all fools and gobdaws.

They will not be in the least bit phased about whoever is on the opposite side of the negotiating table. If anything it will give them more reason to be obtuse if Hogan is still there and will amount to even more pettiness once they have all this in their pathetic piss take cache.

Hogan is an utter clown and pig ignorant in his own right as has been clear over the last few days. Ireland would be better off with any trade commissioner. The idea that Hogan is in some way going to pull some master stroke in terms of negotiations for ireland is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I sincerely hope that some Guard has leaked this re Hogan and on the phone.

Jaysus. Can't say more to preserve me health here.

Phones while driving, and total lack of observance. OK, they are politicians and are above the laws that apply to to the rest of us. I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Its minor stuff but points on licence for stupidity as i expect he have speaker phone...

He didn't get any points only a caution, don't do it again Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

walshb wrote: »
    Yes..correct!

But he wasn’t gargling....

Give it time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

He didn't get any points only a caution, don't do it again Phil.

How do we know?

I wouldn't blame them if true, they are at the front of this and have to deal with the entitled cohort all the time.

Sick of it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How do we know?

The clues in the word caution. He got a finger wagging but the Garda decided it wasn't in the public interest to prosecute him.

Seems to me that people might take a bit of a chance now and then, rarely though because they know the result.

But others just go and do it anyway with few consequences, don't you know who I am etc.

Was he driving a car from last century or what? Who holds a phone whilst driving these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Big Phil should have been nicer to people on the way up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The clues in the word caution. He got a finger wagging but the Garda decided it wasn't in the public interest to prosecute him.

Well I didnt get a caution, points on the licence straight away and a fine and no arguein, cod of a country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just confirmed on rte news by spokesperson for Phil.

Just to add to it looks like he might have been in Kildare when he was stopped on phone.

Seriously you couldnt make this up as a storyline, no one would believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It was the Garda commissioner who told government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Big Phil should have been nicer to people on the way up...

I smell a "Do you know who I am" type comment a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Donie Cassidy resigns as vice president of Fianna Fáil https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0823/1160836-donie-cassidy-resigns/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Donie Cassidy resigns as vice president of Fianna Fáil https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0823/1160836-donie-cassidy-resigns/
    How the fcek was that wiggy waster and chancer *still* in a high position in FF.
    Oh.
    It's FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Gods Gift wrote: »
    The essential belongings definitely were not golf gloves and shoes. They were trade documents
    trade documents required for a golf outing and piss up, btw barnier had called off the talks by that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

It was the Garda commissioner who told government

Mick Clifford makes a good point here.

https://twitter.com/Mickcliff/status/1297638045689303042?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

I had more run ins with that fella 20 years ago as he tried to claim expenses for meetings he wasn't at. He has no intelligence or class. The ultimate parasite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

flutered wrote: »
    trade documents required for a golf outing and piss up, btw barnier had called off the talks by that time

I was thinking the same, maybe it they were for a spot of light bed time reading, real page turner I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fcukin hell, Drew Harris could end up getting sucked into all this too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://twitter.com/patphelan/status/1297638660968452096?s=20

Micheal sponsored a prize at the event, but FF are insisting that they had no idea it was bold.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1297642634962444288?s=20

Would they all not ever just do the honourable thing and shuffle off into irrelevance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement