Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

In case some of these are reading this thread. You haven’t been forgotten about.
    Table One (6 people)
    Noel Grealish
    Dara & Siobhan Calleary
    Phil Hogan
    Noel & Bernadette Dempsey

Table Two (8 people)
    Donnie Cassidy & guests

Table Three (unknown number)
    Ann Killiea & family
    D Bruton
    Frank Fahey
    Bernie O’Grady
    Margaret Mulholland

Table 4 (8 people)
    Paul Coughlan
    Tony Walsh
    Senator Paddy Burke
    John Flaherty
    Rob McAuliffe
    Enda McGloin
    Sean O’Rourke
    Dr Michael Harty

Table 5 (8 people)
    Judge Seamus Woulfe
    Lorraine Higgins
    Ambassador of Morocco
    Senator Paul & Bernie Daly
    Maura O’Connor
    John & Treena Sweeney

Table 6 (9 people)
    Brian Hayes +3
    Imelda Henry
    Cait Hayes
    Patricia McGrath
    Gerry Reynolds
    Cait Keane

Table 7 (10 people)
    Senator Aiden & Mrs Davitt
    John Shaw
    Michael Kennedy
    Eamonn Lynch
    Senator Niall Blaney
    Andrew & Mary Dowdell
    Mr & Mrs Conor Curran

Table 8 (8 people)
    Senator Gerry Buttimar & Conchobar
    Senator John Cummins
    Kevin Curran
    Michael McQuaid
    Paudge Connolly
    Pat & Kevin McCartan

Table 9 (10 people)
    Gerry & Aine Brady x10

Table 10 (unknown)
    Aine & Ciaran Dooley
    Martin Brett
    Gerry Crowley
    Loman & Sean Dempsey
    *the photo misses the end of list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I suspect ultimately this will end up as having been approved to go ahead by Martin and/or Leo.

All measures taken to date were damage limitation exercises that have failed to quell the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

In case some of these are reading this thread. You haven’t been forgotten about.

Grealish is keeping his head down but Cassidy has gone so I'd imagine he will too. Noel Dempsey has hardly been mentioned but he's not in Office anymore so there's bigger fish to fry.

I wonder were Gerry and Áine Brady's crew all from Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That's it, the government knew about it, they're done, Green Party should leave the government tonight and go to opposition benches.

Grealish is keeping his head down but Cassidy has gone so I'd imagine he will too.

It’s a long list. I’m sure there teams of reporters looking into all of them. Phil is the biggest story and the rest just have to wait their turn.

• Advertisement

It’s a long list. I’m sure there teams of reporters looking into all of them. Phil is the biggest story and the rest just have to wait their turn.

Table 1 is cursed. I wonder what the matchups are based on, golfing ability or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Grealish is keeping his head down but Cassidy has gone so I'd imagine he will too.

nobody actually resigned from their job yet. Calleary is still a TD

Noel Grealish won't resign, don't think he has any extra positions to resign from.

its been suggested Aine Brady lives in Meath now near to the ThirdAge organsation she runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

s1ippy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/patphelan/status/1297638660968452096?s=20

Micheal sponsored a prize at the event, but FF are insisting that they had no idea it was bold.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1297642634962444288?s=20

Would they all not ever just do the honourable thing and shuffle off into irrelevance.

You couldn't make it up....Michael is in a tricky position now.

Mary Lou to be Taoiseach soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Table 1 is cursed.

Table of Doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

That's it, the government knew about it, they're done, Green Party should leave the government tonight and go to opposition benches.

They've been toast since the story broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They're burnt toast now though.

nobody actually resigned from their job yet. Calleary is still a TD

Noel Grealish won't resign, don't think he has any extra positions to resign from.

its been suggested Aine Brady lives in Meath now near to the ThirdAge organisation he runs.

I know nothing about Áine Brady apart from what I learned during this scandal.

Apparently she works for a group representing senior citizens and yet it didn't bother her to go to an event during a pandemic, breaking lockdown guidelines designed to protect those people as well as others.

She also brought a party of ten to it going by the table arrangements. No one shouted stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

They'll still be there this time next week.....rte will deal with it tomorrow but then it will start to die off out of the news......a few phone calls will be made to producers to take it easy or else...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I know nothing about Áine Brady apart from what I learned during this scandal.

Apparently she works for a group representing senior citizens and yet it didn't bother her to go to an event during a pandemic, breaking lockdown guidelines designed to protect those people as well as others.

She also brought a party of ten to it going by the table arrangements. No one shouted stop.

Shes one of the Kitts, ff royalty in Galway going back to the WOI, at one stage there were 3 Kitts in the Dail I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Just before the schools open up. It looks like they are jumping out of government before that **** show. A game of golf isn't going to look like much this time next month. They'll all be jumping ship next week.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1297622768201207808?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

They made us vote twice in the Lisbon treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

They'll all be jumping ship next week.
    The GP aren't leaving government over this.

A bit of perspective is needed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

You couldn't make it up....Michael is in a tricky position now.

Mary Lou to be Taoiseach soon....

No he isn’t. He didn’t sponsor a prize, the party did. And they can plausibly claim that they sponsored a prize for a golf competition. The game of golf isn’t the issue here, it’s the dinner afterwards that’s caused the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,128 ✭✭✭✭elperello

TBH you'd like to think that the office wouldn't be bothering the Taoiseach about donating an €80 prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DeanAustin wrote: »
    No he isn’t. He didn’t sponsor a prize, the party did. And they can plausibly claim that they sponsored a prize for a golf competition. The game of golf isn’t the issue here, it’s the dinner afterwards that’s caused the problems.

Imagine if there's any invites floating around that state someone is officially invited to the golf outing....... And dinner afterwards.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Imagine if there's any invites floating around that state someone is officially invited to the golf outing....... And dinner afterwards.

Leo was asked today if he was invited. He was very careful to say “I could have been but I haven’t been around so my staff would probably have declined on my behalf if there was an invitation.”

He was quizzed on whether his staff are then culpable if they got the invite and didn’t flag it with him. He was quite emphatic that it isn’t their job to ensure that the event is Covid compliant.

He made a decent argument to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

gifted wrote: »
    They'll still be there this time next week.....rte will deal with it tomorrow but then it will start to die off out of the news......a few phone calls will be made to producers to take it easy or else...

RTE have been left behind by social media. They don't control the narrative anymore.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Leo was asked today if he was invited. He was very careful to say “I could have been but I haven’t been around so my staff would probably have declined on my behalf if there was an invitation.”

He was quizzed on whether his staff are then culpable if they got the invite and didn’t flag it with him. He was quite emphatic that it isn’t their job to ensure that the event is Covid compliant.

He made a decent argument to be fair.

He's a good speaker and if you listen to him long enough youl think he's right and agree with him.

You have to remember he's very calculating and doesn't say something for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

https://twitter.com/davidcochrane/status/1297635735986745349

:D:D:D

I have no doubt MM knew all about the event. He was probably invited.

He's a good speaker and if you listen to him long enough youl think he's right and agree with him.

You have to remember he's very calculating and doesn't say something for nothing.

I’ve no allegiance to FG but I do quite like Leo. It was fairly obvious today that he knew something about Hogan’s movements with the amount of times he said they had to be publicly accounted for.

However, on the invite question, that conversation was initiated by RTE and he struck me as a man just covering his arse coz he really wasn’t sure if he’d been invited. His point stands up though.

Leo said he may well have been invited 2 but it would have been refused by his staff...

I don’t think he should be accountable for anyone else’s actions though.

There probably were email invitations to more people than attended. They didn’t go so did nothing wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Would like to see the member list of the entire golf society to know who in government knew about this event

• Advertisement

where was the gold actually played in Galway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement