Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Agriculture attends 81-person golf event in breach of health guidelines

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ingrid Miley reckons on the same tweet that the only by election seat FG are capable of winning would be Dublin West?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Do the fools not realise it’s not in our gift to replace a commissioner, certainly not the trade one. By fools I mean media mainly. Unless Dr Varadkar has been given assurances by Frau Merkel he’ll get it of course.
    If big Phil falls we may or may not get a commissioner but we certainly won’t be getting the trade role which is one of the big 3.

According to Michael McGrath an email circulated inviting people to the event. He had been interviewed on 98FM Cork on Friday.
    https://twitter.com/1MadIrishMan1/status/1297654868807647235?s=19

MM and LV must have known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

It should be easy to clear up. There must have been an invite that he knew about and they are hiding it because he didn't try and stop the event.

This is not an invite thing, usually a set number for golf/dinner at society events.
    Members do not be invited as they are members and have a right to attend.
    It may be that Oireachtas have separate for different regions and that people outside the region need be invited, it is possible this Western region and other areas need be invited + the wannabees...

This is not an invite thing, usually a set number for golf/dinner at society events.
    Members do not be invited as they are members and have a right to attend.
    It may be that Oireachtas have separate for different regions and that people outside the region need be invited, it is possible this Western region and other areas need be invited + the wannabees...

See my post above yours. Post number 2891. Michael McGrath was invited by email.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Do the fools not realise it’s not in our gift to replace a commissioner, certainly not the trade one. By fools I mean media mainly. Unless Dr Varadkar has been given assurances by Frau Merkel he’ll get it of course.
    If big Phil falls we may or may not get a commissioner but we certainly won’t be getting the trade role which is one of the big 3.

That's exactly what we deserve nothing, this is crazy stuff.
    First thing get our own house in order. Who are our leaders?
    We send a fool and he makes a fool of our Country...

See my post above yours. Post number 2891. Michael McGrath was invited by email.

Who sent him the invite?
    Is there just one society for Oireachtas...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This, if Phil goes he will be replaced by a non Irish person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »

That's FG's and Phil Hogan's fault...nobody else's. If we have to rebuild and find somebody to replace him, that is because his position has become untenable.
    He lied to the people and to the government.

He has been absolutely piss poor for Ireland as a commissioner. The Mercusor deal which will see a flood of the market with low grade South American beef to compete against our own beef which is of high standard is proof of this.

Personally, the whole EU project to me is becoming more and more of a sham every day. The fact he isnt even democratically elected to this position and hasnt been removed yet just really demonstrates what they think of ordinary citizens within the block who they are meant to serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

You must have missed the bit where MM donated a spot prize for the game, can't wait to see him explain it..

God I hope it was a George Foreman grill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

That's FG's and Phil Hogan's fault...nobody else's. If we have to rebuild and find somebody to replace him, that is because his position has become untenable.
    He lied to the people and to the government.

Nonesense.

Not surprised you are here sticking two boots in. You were at pains about SF and Bobby Storey telling us all how that funeral was all above board.

You call yourself a nationalist, yet you are willing to throw the Irish cause under the bus to satisfy some sort of SF bloodlust. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Ingrid Miley reckons on the same tweet that the only by election seat FG are capable of winning would be Dublin West?

I reckon they would win Dún Laoghaire too but the 2 FG TDs are rookies.

We all know Varadkar is gunning for an EU Job, just like Coveney wants that UN gig. There is not a chance he is ever going to the back benches. It might be a lot earlier than he wanted but personal ambitions and all that.

They'll have to manoever something to make sure Coveney keeps his Foreign Affairs gig how he can achieve his dream of sitting at the Security Council.

Isn't it great though

Varadkar gets his dream job of working with the EU
    Coveney gets his dream job of working with the UN
    Martin gets his dream job of being Taoiseach that everyone knows he was never cut out for
    And Phil Hogan gets his dream job of being a Professional Golfer.

We're like the Make-A-Wish foundation for wealthy middle aged men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

If he does get the sack, it's one persons fault and that's big phil himself. Idiot for going to this event. Expect the judge to go as well shortly as he has lost all respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

marketty wrote: »

Sean O Rourke won't be grilling anyone for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nonesense.

Not surprised you are here sticking two boots in. You were at pains about SF and Bobby Storey telling us all how that funeral was all above board.

You call yourself a nationalist, yet you are willing to throw the Irish cause under the bus to satisfy some sort of SF bloodlust. Ridiculous!

I criticised SF over the Storey funeral, that is a lie.

I am throwing nobody under a bus...Phil and his leader have done that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Yes, a fellow European, they haven't done a bad job of representing our interests thus far on Brexit.
    He's lied to his EU official spokeserson and to his boss, and made them look foolish, usually a bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Has he resigned yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm sort of thinking even RTE are pissed off with Hogan, the govt certainly are, updated 1 minute ago: (my bold italics) :D

"Mr Hogan has issued at least six public statements about his attendance at the Oireachtas Golf Society event in Clifden last Wednesday, with the latest confirming that he was stopped by gardaí for using a mobile phone last Monday while driving in Co Kildare, where Covid-19 restrictions are in place"

"Govt waiting on 'full account' from Phil Hogan "
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0824/1160880-phil-hogan/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Fann Linn wrote: »

They wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning Dublin West in a bye-election in the current environment, surprised at Ingrid Miley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

marketty wrote: »
    Hey I have first-dibs on the George Foreman if Phil doesn't want it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Phil hogan issues a statement apologising for been caught on cctv robbing a petrol station in killbeggan on his way to golfing society dinner.
    Says that’s the end of the matter, as far as he’s concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Sir Oxman wrote: »

"Govt waiting on 'full account' from Phil Hogan "
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0824/1160880-phil-hogan/

It's not really the Government's place to be demanding any account from Phil Hogan, no more than it's their place to be demanding accounts from you or me.

This is now between Hogan and Ursula von der Leyen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Isn't it great though

Varadkar gets his dream job of working with the EU
    Coveney gets his dream job of working with the UN
    Martin gets his dream job of being Taoiseach that everyone knows he was never cut out for
    And Phil Hogan gets his dream job of being a Professional Golfer.

We're like the Make-A-Wish foundation for wealthy middle aged men.

I'm sorry now, but a man teeing off from Kilkenny and "driving" for Galway must have one hell of a fade to hit Kildare off the tee. I don't think he's going to make the grade at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Phil hogan issues a statement apologising for been caught on cctv robbing a petrol station in killbeggan on his way to golfing society dinner.
    Says that’s the end of the matter, as far as he’s concerned.

Was it a fulsome apology though?
    Not acceptable otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Phoebas wrote: »
    It's not really the Government's place to be demanding any account from Phil Hogan, no more than it's their place to be demanding accounts from you or me.

This is now between Hogan and Ursula von der Leyen.
    Well, it is the govts business, actually.
    This occured in Ireland, during a pandemic involving a locked down county and updated social gathering guidelines because ya know, there's a rise again in incidence of the virus affecting people in Ireland.

Why are people so adamant this man does not have to account for his movements?
    notwithstanding the fact he started telling porkies from the minute it all started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I criticised SF over the Storey funeral, that is a lie.

I am throwing nobody under a bus...Phil and his leader have done that themselves.

Will Ursula von der Leyen be resigning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Government:...Can we get a full account of your movements please Commissioner?

Hogan:....No

Government:....ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement