Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete

Options
  • 20-08-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

ADMIN PLS DELETE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    I've been considering opening a driving range in West of Ireland..
    Where I live there are a few courses and not a driving range for 25km
    Has anybody tried this, looking more for failed attempts to prove to me why this is a non runner.

I'd be well able to do alot of the work to get it up and running..

Has anybody any experience they would like to share..

Never owned but worked part time at 1.
    Biggest issue owner had was insurance as houses were nearby.
    My local driving range is beside a housing estate
    And now experiencing problems with balls getting close to houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sipper

Basics
    Drainage, Drainage, drainage and even more drainage of your field. You won't mind the additional cost in the long term when you realise how much this saves you in replacing lost balls and time in collecting balls.

Good quality mats, balls, tees targets, and baskets, not too good though as they tend to get stolen.

Accurate distances.

Quality lighting on top of the range roof and mid way down the field.

A well recoginsed PGA Pro who can drive business and create additional revenue

Luxuries

Chipping and putting green, maybe after year 2 or 3 as these are not cheap and require a lot of work to maintain to a reasonable standard. Charge more € to use these.

Crazy golf , see as above

Cafe, shop, food and drink

Top tracer / ball tracking technology

Advertisement