Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for best camera repair

Options
  • 20-08-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, my brand new camera got water damaged while on a boat. Only a splash but obviously serious enough that the camera won't power up.
    Anyone any experience or recomendations with a good professional camera repair shop .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what camera is it?
    it may be beyond economic repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

Lumix g85
    Yeah. Maybe. But before I bite the bullet I want to get a quote from someone legit.
    what camera is it?
    it may be beyond economic repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

Try Eoghan, f1.0 camera repair

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

wex96 wrote: »
    Try Eoghan, f1.0 camera repair

Just messaged him. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

This happened to me years ago, I left an expensive Canon outside for a few days before I discovered it wet beaded with water on the inside. I told a cousin what I had done, he said if the water went in - it will come out again. I put the camera in the hot press, laid on towels, for over a week - and it worked. You can also purchase crystals and place them around the camera to absorb the moisture. Dry the crystals in the oven on a low heat until they turn blue. Get a plastic box to contain them and place your camera inside for a number of days. Repeat the heating of the crystals when they turn pink.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dry-Packs-Drying-Crystals-1-5LBS-Preservative/dp/B0025OJ6AY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 retoos

You should search for the brand's service centers based on your venue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

is it the lens or camera or both
    try leaving in bag of rice.did you turn it on that makes more damage

Advertisement