Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays in refunds from Emirates

Options
  • 20-08-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Had flights booked for late April with Emirates which they cancelled 2 weeks before departure. We were offered a voucher which we declined and requested a refund instead. Booked through a travel agent, they said it could take up to 12 weeks, it is now 16 weeks and no sign of the refund. Have dealt with 3 different staff members who have all now left the agency. They are still operating but only dealing with customers by email. Have emailed and no reply. Getting very anxious at this stage. I rang the Irish Travel Agents Association and they said that they are still trading - part of a UK company. Don't know where to turn at this stage.. Our travel insurance won't apply as we sought a refund. Have to say this was my first time in over 10 years using a travel agent and thought it would be wise as it was a long haul flight with several locations, see no advantage now when they don't even reply to messages. Any tips on what to do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

chancer12 wrote: »
    Any tips on what to do next?

How did you pay, if credit/debit card, then ask your card issuer for a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

I think it's too late for that. I think that's time limited? Suppose there's no harm in checking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

chancer12 wrote: »
    I think it's too late for that. I think that's time limited? Suppose there's no harm in checking

Normaly (for undelived goods) it's 120 days from Transaction date, but for flights/concerts etc, it can be from the date of the event/flight.

Advertisement