Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Posy wrote: »
    Bought these today in Arnotts- hope they do last 72 days. :pac:

Oh, they look ideal for my outdoor Buxus trees. I hate how battery lights usually start to fade after a few days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Didn't have time to look but noticed this morning Lidl had rolls of wrapping paper, will try get a better look the weekend and see if they are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just got the new Spotlight Oral Care water flosser for my 18 yo daughter, not the most exciting gift ever, I hear you say, but after years of orthodontic work her teeth are her pride and joy. Also got her the Spotlight gift set from Boots, with toothpaste, whitening strips, whitening pen and a wireless charger plus few other little bits. Boots have their usual 3 for 2 on gifts plus an additional 15% off Christmas gifts (not sure how long that lasts). Discount code I used for Spotlight is vogue25 for 25% off. I do love a discount code :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That sounds like a really thoughtful gift! Those water flossers are the business. :D

That sounds like a really thoughtful gift! Those water flossers are the business. :D

Thanks, I know she will love it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Curlysue that sounds great that your daughter cares about the aftercare and upkeep. I'd be delighted if I'd sent all that money as a parent! Will be heading for some guftsets later in Boots and maybe one for me for now!!

Got a few things delivered today as Santa presents

Curlysue that sounds great that your daughter cares about the aftercare and upkeep. I'd be delighted if I'd sent all that money as a parent! Will be heading for some guftsets later in Boots and maybe one for me for now!!

Got a few things delivered today as Santa presents

Not sure if the 15% off is in store as well, I got mine online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked up Yankee Christmas Eve candle in Homestore and more yesterday. Was in the fragrance of the month section so was €17.99

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Big order gone in to amazon this evening. Finally got the older two to pick something that I can then add small bits to. Mind you the "big" things were only around €60. They just told me they didn't need or particularly want anything. No interest even in branded sportswear (Penneys is fine mam) or new trainers. I mean obviously we've done something right with them, but it backfires at Christmas and birthdays.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

i buy all my friends scotish whisky
    it's much better than Irish whisky
    then on Christmas day go round and drink it

then go home to open up the childrens presents and eat the turkey my wife cooked

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's Scotch whisky, not whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It's Scotch whisky, not whiskey.

And IMO nothing beats a nice bottle of Jameson Black Barrell, or writers tears if you fancy spending a few quid more. Find scotch a tad sweeter than Irish Whiskeys.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

122135125_2773318502990753_3912062631039916493_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=h_EPz1CizUIAX9uFuc8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=4cbf9824e3f1f20c36471b663271a888&oe=5FB46C6C
    122272151_2773318559657414_8198916428560187124_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ua-6DfNwFn0AX_UGkqg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b9a0349fecc80f3da56e9444f11ba767&oe=5FB24B56

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

They're beautiful, where did you get them if you don't mi d me asking? Love the blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Damn whoever posted that Next info ( not really, but you know what I mean !)
    https://www.next.ie/en/g818043s25/217867#217867

https://www.next.ie/en/g818043s2/206615#206615

https://www.next.ie/en/g818053s37/947117#947117

The scented wooden decorations may not actually be gifted and the gingerbread candles in mugs are already being lined up for the Bailey’s Coffees once the candles are used.The pink heart baubles would be nice all year around .

I bought the Gingerbread mug candles after seeing them here! They arrived yesterday, smell very Christmassy, I think they will have to be lit. Usually collect the little mugs from Christmas markets abroad so they will go up on the shelf with the rest of them as this years contribution. A reminder of the year thats in it but not Covid themed!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

SarahLil wrote: »

The navy is so nice, you could use any colour ribbon with that!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Smyths Toys has released a statement asking people not to panic buy as click and collect and home delivery will be avaliable during the lockdown.

https://www.98fm.com/news/smyths-release-statement-country-returns-lockdown-1093512

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Smyths Toys has released a statement asking people not to panic buy as click and collect and home delivery will be avaliable during the lockdown.

https://www.98fm.com/news/smyths-release-statement-country-returns-lockdown-1093512

So glad I'm all sorted and everything is in! :D No changing minds lol

• Advertisement

Seen a picture of empty shelves from Smyths online, it wouldn't help anyone seen that photo you couldn't help but panic,

SarahLil wrote: »
    Seen a picture of empty shelves from Smyths online, it wouldn't help anyone seen that photo you couldn't help but panic,

Reminds me of Jingle All The Way, great movie :D

The Works have nice wrapping paper in now if people are looking for it, 10m for €3 then smaller ones for €1.50, cute designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Is it true The Works are closing down? Someone told me that a while ago however I can't for the life of remember who.

pc7 wrote: »
    Reminds me of Jingle All The Way, great movie :D

its a long time since I have seen it, I will have to add it to the list for November

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

OH was in Pavilions this morning. Said it was manic :(

She got the last of the Christmas presents for the kids and presents from the Grandparents to save them having to go the shops.

Was chatting to my brother yesterday and we agreed that all adults presents will be online purchases so no one has to go to the shops if they don'y want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    They're beautiful, where did you get them if you don't mi d me asking? Love the blue!

Toss Bryan's in Fermoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

TRS30 wrote: »
    OH was in Pavilions this morning. Said it was manic :(

She got the last of the Christmas presents for the kids and presents from the Grandparents to save them having to go the shops.

Was chatting to my brother yesterday and we agreed that all adults presents will be online purchases so no one has to go to the shops if they don'y want to.

I was there too. Penneys was nuts. The kids Christmas pjs were restocked twice while I was there. Got mine then left. The rest of it was busy but I thought it would be way worse. I was there for 9am though and left around 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I took a few hours from work this afternoon with my Mam to get a few bits before lockdown 2.0. I spotted this Christmas decoration in Carrig Donn and got it for my boyfriends Mam.Now I have a diffuser,the decoration and I'll add in some chocolates and that's his parents finished!

carraig-donn-sparkle-christmas-tree-decoration-gift-box-tipperary-crystal-gift-christmas-tree-decorations-4243923304511_800x.jpg?v=1573333376
    https://www.carraigdonn.com/products/sparkle-christmas-tree-decoration-gift-box

• Advertisement

I took a few hours from work this afternoon with my Mam to get a few bits before lockdown 2.0. I spotted this Christmas decoration in Carrig Donn and got it for my boyfriends Mam.Now I have a diffuser,the decoration and I'll add in some chocolates and that's his parents finished!

https://www.carraigdonn.com/products/sparkle-christmas-tree-decoration-gift-box

Tipperary Crystal do some lovely tree decos! We got a few last year as gifts for our new house, and loved every one of them :)

Advertisement