Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Posy wrote: »
    and a load of gorgeous gift boxes in Flying Tiger, which were all only €1 and €2!

They have santa and snowman gift boxes with little white baubles in them, so they are like a box and a snowglobe!

Izr2xgq.png?1

Lovely !
    Happy to confirm that Christmas stock has also arrived in Tiger in the Continent, currently sharing floor space with Halloween !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I did a good bit of Christmas shopping online last weekend, and got all the younger people in my life sorted! I've no idea how many orders are still to arrive at this point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Pistachio19

I was under the impression the Gardai would tell you to shop in your area if you were travelling a distance for grocery shopping.

Lot's of places are open for click and collect and places are trying to launching similar and people will do it.
    I think takw-aways will be busy this weekend.

Also, you can visit graves. My great Uncle is buried in Cork City and people are going to say they are visiting these graves.

People have gotten tired of this. The vast majority have no issue with masks, staying apart but are sick of these closures and just want to get back to some form of normality.

Whilst he's meant to be a lovely man Michaél Martin is useless to motivate people to buy into things,

We have a SuperValu local but my neighbour shops in Lidl 17km away. I went once the last time and was nearly sick approaching the Garda checkpoint even though I knew I was allowed go to Lidl. They said it was fine.

Regarding grave visits being allowed, sure that could mean people can travel all over the country. It should have been specified as local graveyards even if outside a 5k radius. Surely they don't mean any grave. Our son and parents are buried over an hour away in a different county. I'd think it was taking the p*ss to say I was going there to visit the graves. Is it really allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

We have a SuperValu local but my neighbour shops in Lidl 17km away. I went once the last time and was nearly sick approaching the Garda checkpoint even though I knew I was allowed go to Lidl. They said it was fine.

Regarding grave visits being allowed, sure that could mean people can travel all over the country. It should have been specified as local graveyards even if outside a 5k radius. Surely they don't mean any grave. Our son and parents are buried over an hour away in a different county. I'd think it was taking the p*ss to say I was going there to visit the graves. Is it really allowed?

I'll be visiting my sisters grave before Christmas, around 150 klms away. I wouldn't go just for the spin this weekend unless it was a birthday or anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From my understanding it's allowed.

I've noticed there's a good few places offering click and collect ad the list will continue to grow.
    It's good to see businesses trying to adapt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I wanted to get myself a personalised trinket dish and found a lovely seller on etsy called Sweet Satsumas...I figured if I was going to pay for delivery from the UK I may as well make it worthwhile so I got 4 that I'll put into Christmas presents:P.
    I think it worked out at 50 for the lot.
    I originally was looking only at Irish sellers but couldn't see any that took my fancy.

il_794xN.2101324143_2e1f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I wanted to get myself a personalised trinket dish and found a lovely seller on etsy called Sweet Satsumas...I figured if I was going to pay for delivery from the UK I may as well make it worthwhile so I got 4 that I'll put into Christmas presents:P.
    I think it worked out at 50 for the lot.
    I originally was looking only at Irish sellers but couldn't see any that took my fancy.

They are so pretty !
    Your friends will be delighted !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Nearly bought this in The Range as the pic on the box has a picture of it outside, but when I read the box it said indoor use only :( had a look on their website and it says indoors and outdoors so wouldn't know which one to believe.

1475137293_424.jpg

I did buy these though:

1507908394_6332.jpg

1459338729_853.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kitten_k wrote: »

1459338729_853.jpg

Love it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is the range open?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Is the range open?

I was there at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

KittenK my cousin had this from Woodies she had it outdoors
    Just make it secure if it’s a windy night she got a couple of years out of it

I did a good bit of Christmas shopping online last weekend, and got all the younger people in my life sorted! I've no idea how many orders are still to arrive at this point :pac:

I keep a list in the notes app on my phone as I order, as otherwise I'd forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I do the same thing. Had to go through the list this afternoon and mark stuff off it to figure out where I stand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Going by my phots they were out last year on the 6th of November!

Do like Pam from Gavin and Stacey and send out all your cards on the 1st November!

Love Pam, I'll rock my inner Pam :D
    I buy the cards and stamps but get the OH to write them, il make sure they are well done before the end of Level 5 not saying lockdown, or should we call it the countdown to Christmas the next 6 weeks...

I use an app that was recommended on here, it’s call Manage Christmas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, I must download that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Bike due to arrive today from Amazon, only order it Wednesday. That's the last of the big presents on the property, as they would say across the pond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd given up on getting the Lego Christmas sets as I don't have the space to display them - I won a staff Christmas set in a raffle last year that takes up pretty much the entire mantlepiece - but I couldn't resist this years one - the Elf Club House

Arrived today at the same time as 24 cans of beer so that's the weekend sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I got my Christmas latte mug! I absolutely love it. It’s bigger than I expected but so pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That’s fab mirror wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

Hot chocolates for hubby and coffees for my sister's boyfriend :)

Just 1 more present to buy. I know what I'm getting but I'm waiting to see if they do any sales or free postage in the next few weeks ;)

jellybear wrote: »
    Hot chocolates for hubby and coffees for my sister's boyfriend :)

Just 1 more present to buy. I know what I'm getting but I'm waiting to see if they do any sales or free postage in the next few weeks ;)

I'm intrigued, are they takeaway coffee cups that you add water to? Or is the packaging just styled that way? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I'm intrigued, are they takeaway coffee cups that you add water to? Or is the packaging just styled that way? :)

I think they're just styled that way...pity though cause it would be fab if they were coffee cup sized!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

First boxes of sweets got; and due to L5 I decided to get the last cards online - none of the homeless charities seem to be doing them this year, google only finds references to Focus and Peter McVerry having done them in the past and Simon doing the donation in lieu of cards thing.

MS Ireland have what look like nice secular ones so ordered those.

Now, when are the stamps out?

L1011 wrote: »

Now, when are the stamps out?

Last year they were promoting them in about the first week in November!

kitten_k wrote: »
    I use an app that was recommended on here, it’s call Manage Christmas

Downloaded it and have put all purchases in. It's handy to see how much has been spent on each person and will be good to have on phone when we get to go out and about shopping again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Ordered a pre-lit Christmas tree today, sale until 27th Oct and free delivery.
    https://www.balsamhill.co.uk/p/canadian-blue-green-spruce-artificial-christmas-tree?sku=2801113

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered a pre-lit Christmas tree today, sale until 27th Oct and free delivery.
    https://www.balsamhill.co.uk/p/canadian-blue-green-spruce-artificial-christmas-tree?sku=2801113

Nice, am nervous about buying online as can't see it first.

Brown Thomas have sold out of all their 7ft plus trees :(

• Advertisement

I got these cards Today!
    122749644_2778259292496674_7977535427787083870_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5PO-IDekpj4AX-UDVbg&_nc_oc=AQlKS6RULL6RcBT7vNgm-KUyqZ1ORxVB4i6eLMDGLm6YtyfN5Y4UcG9r0eF8QkH0CtI&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=904b5472d6b591e967b4e109c6bfd287&oe=5FB8B219
    122698805_2778259359163334_5919407910320610407_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=77UQrFdOcWgAX-KAC1Y&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=60ac8ccedb1d502864a0e4541138ded1&oe=5FBA3796

Advertisement