Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, I love them!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

L1011 wrote: »
    I'd given up on getting the Lego Christmas sets as I don't have the space to display them - I won a staff Christmas set in a raffle last year that takes up pretty much the entire mantlepiece - but I couldn't resist this years one - the Elf Club House

Arrived today at the same time as 24 cans of beer so that's the weekend sorted!

Oh I do love cribs and Christmas villages.

Your Legos are fab !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love the cards freshpopcorn

Fairly on top of things now gift wise, just need to sort the big presents for the parents. Usually we go with vouchers/gift cards, but that option isn't a goer this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Fairly on top of things now gift wise, just need to sort the big presents for the parents. Usually we go with vouchers/gift cards, but that option isn't a goer this year :(

I got some of those cash gift wallets/envelopes and will just put cash in them and give to parent, in laws etc. Cash is king this year I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I had ordered candles from Dunnes they are 'Golden Amber' scented ones. They are €4 and was holding onto them for teacher gifts. A match accidentally fell into one and I can confirm they smell fab,and look more than the money. Handy for a little gift. Can't find them online. But I'll definitely be picking more up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I had ordered candles from Dunnes they are 'Golden Amber' scented ones. They are €4 and was holding onto them for teacher gifts. A match accidentally fell into one and I can confirm they smell fab,and look more than the money. Handy for a little gift. Can't find them online. But I'll definitely be picking more up.

Yes all the Dunnes candles for 4 euro are gorgeous you can’t go wrong with them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Plan to get a voucher for a their local restaurant who are doing takeaway/collection, who knows they may be open in the new year for dining but if they are not they can still get a meal there.

Will buy on credit card so if the unfortunate thing happens (they go bust) you can get a refund via chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Plan to get a voucher for a their local restaurant who are doing takeaway/collection, who knows they may be open in the new year for dining but if they are not they can still get a meal there.

Will buy on credit card so if the unfortunate thing happens (they go bust) you can get a refund via chargeback.

I'm a bit clueless. Can you explain the refund via charge back situation please? I use my visa debit for everything. I'm a big voucher buyer at Christmas and also receive lots. I have to admit I'm nervous about buying vouchers from smaller shops and restaurants so interested in this please

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I'm a bit clueless. Can you explain the refund via charge back situation please? I use my visa debit for everything. I'm a big voucher buyer at Christmas and also receive lots. I have to admit I'm nervous about buying vouchers from smaller shops and restaurants so interested in this please

In a nutshell if you buy something with a debit or credit card there are international Visa and Mastercard merchant terms and conditions that must be adhered too and one of those is in the event a good or service is not delivered, then you can seek repayment from the bank of that merchant.

There's a few categories that you can claim under and this BOI form will give you an idea, every bank will have their own form but essentially they are the same.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/can-get-purchase-refunded-credit-card-debit-card/

To give an example, I didn't wait around waiting for Ryanair to refund me for cancelled flights due to COVID. I simply submitted a chargeback form and I got a credit back to my card in about 7 days.

In another example, when flybe the UK airline collapsed earlier in the year it meant we couldn't take the kids to Peppa World. As we paid for the flights by credit card i submitted a form and got a full refund via the bank - not as an unsecured creditor (wouldn't get anything if that was the case) of the airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jellybear wrote: »
    Hot chocolates for hubby and coffees for my sister's boyfriend :)

Just 1 more present to buy. I know what I'm getting but I'm waiting to see if they do any sales or free postage in the next few weeks ;)
    Would you mind if I ask where you got these, a great idea as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

august12 wrote: »
    Would you mind if I ask where you got these, a great idea as a present.

No problem at all! Got them on Amazon :)https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08HYD1DRJ?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got this guy in Aldi today....for my 2 year old niece....at the moment anyway, might end up keeping him for myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh he's so cute! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

FAB73206-1613-4-ABD-A796-AD9-CC15-CF8-FF.jpg

Picked up a few of these in Dunne’s, €5 each and well worth it. Great quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

matchthis wrote: »
    FAB73206-1613-4-ABD-A796-AD9-CC15-CF8-FF.jpg

Picked up a few of these in Dunne’s, €5 each and well worth it. Great quality
    What section??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

leahyl wrote: »
    Got this guy in Aldi today....for my 2 year old niece....at the moment anyway, might end up keeping him for myself!

I love Peter Rabbit !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

leahyl wrote: »

Ahhhh my youngest is Peter mad, I am trying to get my folks to pick this up and bring over when they visit in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

august12 wrote: »
    What section??

Got in Newbridge, they had some next aisle over from the bread. It’s where they had wrapping paper and advent calendars. Also had A much smaller Version

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Picked these up in Homesense a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Bought Christmas puppets in Aldi (angel, Santa, Rudolph, snowman, polar bear). Know the kids will have great fun creating their own puppet shows in December.

Next have stopped taking orders online now, until they know if they are able to deliver from the Irish warehouse during level 5. There's so many things I want to order from there!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Next have stopped taking orders online now, until they know if they are able to deliver from the Irish warehouse during level 5. There's so many things I want to order from there!!!

That’s madness. Of course they can deliver all other stores are! Level 5 isn’t a complete lockdown. Schools and building sites are still open and all types of deliveries are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Feck I placed an order yday!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Just checked next website. Still saying open for delivery

pc7 wrote: »
    Feck I placed an order yday!

How??? I've been trying to place an order since Saturday and keep getting an error message so I rang them this morning and that's what they told me.

Just checked next website. Still saying open for delivery

But when you get to the checkout it keeps bringing up an error message. I tried on 2 different email accounts I have.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How??? I've been trying to place an order since Saturday and keep getting an error message so I rang them this morning and that's what they told me.

It took the money from my card and said would be delivered Thursday? I must see if I have an email.

pc7 wrote: »
    It took the money from my card and said would be delivered Thursday? I must see if I have an email.

You're lucky, so. I've been trying since Saturday which is why I finally rang them this morning and that's what they told me. Maybe they are only delivering certain types of products.

• Advertisement

Ok, I emptied my basket and just added a couple of items in and it worked!! WTH?

Advertisement