Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

Ok, I emptied my basket and just added a couple of items in and it worked!! WTH?

Gremlins

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Next have stopped taking orders online now, until they know if they are able to deliver from the Irish warehouse during level 5. There's so many things I want to order from there!!!

Can you confirm where you seen this as their website is taking orders and the home page actually is advertised free delivery and that their online store is still open.

EDIT: only seen your latest posts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ordered a pre-lit Christmas tree today, sale until 27th Oct and free delivery.
    https://www.balsamhill.co.uk/p/canadian-blue-green-spruce-artificial-christmas-tree?sku=2801113

I got one a few years ago, Expensive but a great investment.

This tree will last 10+ years as it looks great and you will look after it.

I do love the extras like gloves & spare lights they give. Personally love the bag they give to stop it from collecting dust in the attic!

You're going to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Loughc wrote: »
    Can you confirm where you seen this as their website is taking orders and the home page actually is advertised free delivery and that their online store is still open.

EDIT: only seen your latest posts now.

Bizarre. I've been able to place a couple of smaller orders. Maybe there is a limit of items per order. But if so I wish customer service had told me that on the phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bizarre. I've been able to place a couple of smaller orders. Maybe there is a limit of items per order. But if so I wish customer service had told me that on the phone.

No limit on orders. I rang their customer service. They said they can deliver anything as long as it’s in stock and available on the website. No restrictions other than that.

• Advertisement

No limit on orders. I rang their customer service. They said they can deliver anything as long as it’s in stock and available on the website. No restrictions other than that.

Without question, this is fishy. lol. I don't want to take over the whole thread with this. But I've been able to place multiple smaller orders, for items that when in my basket as part of a bigger order, could not be processed and I kept getting an error message. And then customer service this morning telling me about the warehouse/delivery issue on the phone but then telling you something different?!

Anyway I've ordered most of the things I wanted now. Might place one more smaller order.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I placed an order for a jumper this morning and it went through fine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone received an email from Next about their order? I haven’t

pc7 wrote: »

Yes, I received 4 emails for the 4 orders I placed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pistachio19

Have you checked your junk folder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

I ordered from them on the 20th, delivery scheduled for the 28th. Then ups mailed on 21st and said they'd deliver on the 23rd. Then next mailed on the 22nd to say it's be an extra day or two. It arrived in the morning on the 24th and later that day ups mailed to say they'd now be delivering it on the 27th.

They're a bit disorganised at the moment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

122853547_2780122385643698_4344908493582236798_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-EsvDn1qlVMAX_CJiEe&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8bf29060b89b9b879e2b3435497a2c97&oe=5FBB4A65
    122666426_2780122395643697_4389495763251995232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=PDAY2NJfD2wAX-17pXO&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=820188aafab5f76c2c455a796bfe8b2f&oe=5FBC34B3
    122920036_2780122835643653_632458142654868061_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=buhA9lXI7IgAX8TEd_I&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=015e23fa010a4a6d7fc1505df74fb187&oe=5FBD1EE3
    122956216_2780122918976978_2994938684241429603_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2ZRbu47U820AX_32ex_&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3f30f976769c8660edb1909e3e42fe77&oe=5FBCB9BC
    122829712_2780122898976980_315496049287179131_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Sr7rL50WAzAAX_8FWob&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3d091298a38eb5626256d59dd17de8a4&oe=5FBB6B83
    122656680_2780122932310310_8974350250868454850_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=L0ckgUhaaiYAX8c_6wA&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d821ca5a3ba5438b8b0bc51625e5b8cf&oe=5FBAC36C

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No nothing in junk, but got one from ups saying it’ll be delivered Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Love your new decorations, FP !
    Expecially the Santa and Snowman with their retro feel.
    The green bauble, we have got its twin here at home. Our is vintage though !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

otnomart wrote: »
    Love your new decorations, FP !
    Expecially the Santa and Snowman with their retro feel.
    The green bauble, we have got its twin here at home. Our is vintage though !

Thanks!
    The baubles baubles were from The Range and The Santa and Snowman was in B&Q for €4 the pair.

Went on a bit of an online spree today. Xmas pj's & clothes, baubles, other deco's. Afraid to check the bank account. Might try to live in ignorance for another day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

First Christmas nightmare of the season yesterday. Elf1's bike arrived yesterday in a box. She ran to the door when I was taking it in so I had to hide the picture on the top of the box. Delivery man said, 'Enjoy the bike' to her !!! :mad::mad::mad:

We had to say it was for her cousin and that we were just looking after it as it is a surprise. Not sure if she bought it our not!

TRS30 wrote: »
    First Christmas nightmare of the season yesterday. Elf1's bike arrived yesterday in a box. She ran to the door when I was taking it in so I had to hide the picture on the top of the box. Delivery man said, 'Enjoy the bike' to her !!! :mad::mad::mad:

We had to say it was for her cousin and that we were just looking after it as it is a surprise. Not sure if she bought it our not!

That’s a ludicrous thing for the delivery man to say. He should have known it was a Christmas present but even if it wasn’t it still could have been a surprise birthday present.

TRS30 you are absolutely sh1tting me, what a dick move! seriously who does that! Is Elf1 anyway suspicious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

That’s outrageous!!!!

That’s a ludicrous thing for the delivery man to say. He should have known it was a Christmas present but even if it wasn’t it still could have been a surprise birthday present.

Agree. Wife wants to complain to delivery company. i just told her to forget it, nothing they can do about it now.
    TRS30 you are absolutely sh1tting me, what a dick move! seriously who does that! Is Elf1 anyway suspicious?

I wish I was. She is a very bright girl, which at times can be a pain :)
    That’s outrageous!!!!

I know, I was in shock when he said it and just muttered 'thanks!'

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pistachio19

TRS30 wrote: »

Aw that's crap. I was bringing youngest home from school the other day and noticed a box on the doorstep. I knew it was his gaming chair so I stopped and told him to look over the wall of the holiday home across from us to see if our cat was in there. Meanwhile I rang eldest to come to the front door to 'see if I had locked it' - couldn't think of anything else to say. Eldest probably thought I'd lost my marbles and youngest couldn't figure out why we were nosing in the neighbours garden. Anyway, thankfully eldest came to the door to see if it was locked and noticed the huge box and managed to get it upstairs before youngest noticed :D

Good thinking. It's definitely the time of the year, especially when ordering online, when you have to have your wits about you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

TRS30 I am shocked.. what a fool :mad:
    I would complain 100% just to stop him from doing it to anyone else he needs to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Concur with what everyone else has said. What a complete moron. I admire your restraint, im pretty sure id have said something to the delivery guy there and then, too late or not. Raging for you.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Agree with you:
    He should have guessed it was either a birthday or a Christmas present. (unless TRS leaves in a millionaires compound - where children get bikes and scooters delivered every day).
    Sorry for the distress TRS !

Thanks for the communal outrage guys :)

To be honest, I think/hope that we got away with it. We did Santa letters last night and she put down she wanted a bike from Santa and didnt say anything so fingers crossed.

We usually get those sort of things sent to my folks house to avoid any of these kind of incidents however they are getting some work done on the house at the minute so didn't want to add the chaos over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just back from the range in liffey Valley, all I can say is wow, what a Christmas selection, best I've seen yet. Despite not needing any new decorations etc we managed to spend over €150, and have identified some other bits to come back over for.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Just back from the range in liffey Valley, all I can say is wow, what a Christmas selection, best I've seen yet. Despite not needing any new decorations etc we managed to spend over €150, and have identified some other bits to come back over for.

That sounds like us in IKEA, go over for a nose and end up sending at least €100 :rolleyes: (is usually candle, cushion related!).

Advertisement