Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Omg, TRS- just reading about your bike- that is mental. I'm with the others, I would 100% complain. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Omg, TRS- just reading about your bike- that is mental. I'm with the others, I would 100% complain. :mad:

I'm kind over it now to be honest. I find it easier to let things go that my OH, she still wants to complain, mainly to stop him doing it to some poor other suckers, which I can understand.

I'll probably have to be the one who makes the call though :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I wouldn't be going mad, but giving more a head's up for them to have some cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

TRS30 wrote: »
    I'm kind over it now to be honest. I find it easier to let things go that my OH, she still wants to complain, mainly to stop him doing it to some poor other suckers, which I can understand.

I am chief complainer in our house :) Delivery driver needs to cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ya, I live in the country. A good bit from Argos or Smyth’s. Last week lots of people went to them because they knew if they didn’t they wouldn’t get another chance and that delivery would be tricky.

• Advertisement

It sounds like a rookie mistake, I would suggest letting the courier company know that they need to remind their drivers to show discretion when delivering at this time of year.

I once found a whole heap of lego in the boot of the car that Santa had sneakily got from Smyths. I don't know what I was doing but I managed to let the seat fall forward and saw right into the boot. My poor mam was driving around a roundabout at the time and observed me in the rear view mirror. She came up with some story about it being for someone's birthday. I of course believed every word :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ok, excuse the awkward post , but this M and S beauty box offer is well worth investment, using the steps outlined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Xmas jammies arrived from Dunnes super quick delivery and even the dog is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Xmas jammies arrived from Dunnes super quick delivery and even the dog is sorted

You wouldn't have a link handy for those by any chance?

keane2097 wrote: »
    You wouldn't have a link handy for those by any chance?

Oh I dunno what Dunnes is doing there's only a few options now.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/make-christmas/christmas-fashion/matching-family-christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

All dunnes family pyjamas back in stock at time of posting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

matchthis wrote: »
    All dunnes family pyjamas back in stock at time of posting

Bah - went and ordered from M&S last night after

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dunnes has been a disaster. I was looking for something in particular and when I searched ‘Christmas’ every day for a week the results ranged from 140 to 165. They seem to add and remove things all the time. Can’t beat their delivery times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Most Elves here have already sourced all gifts for their little Elves.
    This is for useful ideas in case of any last minute buy !
    the long list of every toy on the DreamToys 2020 Christmas predicted best-sellers
    https://www.toynews-online.biz/2020/10/28/heres-the-long-list-of-every-toy-on-the-dreamtoys-2020-christmas-predicted-best-sellers/

I wouldn't mind Baby Yoda !

Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-%E2%80%93-The-Child-Baby-Yoda-510x382.jpg

Picked up a Yankee Candle in my local Hickeys Pharmacy 17.99 nicely wrapped with a bow, it is definitely the earliest I have seen Yankees gift wrapped in the pharmacy, usually I am ready to snap them up on special but they don't be wrapped I usually get the bow off the girls in December after wrapping my own
    Happy Out Now just add to a gift bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

I bought a half price Christmas tree for our new home on Monday. Our first Christmas in it. I'm going to slowly but surely get all new decorations and bits n bob's. ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Have about half of the Christmas shopping done-
    MARIO BADESCU skincare and Estee Lauder stuff for de mammy
    Some Caskmates whiskey and engraved glasses for the old man,
    A Father Ted cartoon print I got framed for brother in Scotland,
    now have to check out BT for the GF :)

I bought a half price Christmas tree for our new home on Monday. Our first Christmas in it. I'm going to slowly but surely get all new decorations and bits n bob's. ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

So exciting, congrats on the new home

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

There will be serious bargains to be had I reckon after Christmas on Christmas stock. Retailers have 24 days max to sell items at full price.
    Enjoy the first Christmas in your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

There will be serious bargains to be had I reckon after Christmas on Christmas stock. Retailers have 24 days max to sell items at full price.
    Enjoy the first Christmas in your new home.

Woodies from about the 22nd/23rd usually have 70% off so can stock up for next Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Woodies from about the 22nd/23rd usually have 70% off so can stock up for next Christmas :)

I was just about to say the same....my first Christmas I got my tree and other bits here on the 22nd.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I was just about to say the same....my first Christmas I got my tree and other bits here on the 22nd.....

Only risk with waiting is that they have what you want.

Brown Thomas had a few trees bigger than 7.ft (what we are looking for) and they've sold out already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Only risk with waiting is that they have what you want.

Brown Thomas had a few trees bigger than 7.ft (what we are looking for) and they've sold out already :(

It wasn't planned just worked out that way....ended up with a fabulous monster of a tree that was way too big for the room, but I loved it...everyone else complained , but they didn't live there , so no say :D

Then the baby arrived and the tree lost , by a small margin :D a small b&q one for 20 quid I think replaced it....not bitter....not at all

Where did you get it? I need a tree too for my home... Have all my decorations just no tree yet

I just ordered these!
    t01ft352500s.jpg

I just ordered these!
    t01ft352500s.jpg

Omg I need them for my santatiser! Please tell me where you got them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just bought this https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/wooden-reindeer/7137289?colour=Natural

I was in two minds but when I saw that it lit up I had to have it!
    Also bought a pair of Christmas pjs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jellybear wrote: »
    Just bought this https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/wooden-reindeer/7137289?colour=Natural

I was in two minds but when I saw that it lit up I had to have it!
    Also bought a pair of Christmas pjs :)

That's so nice.....and You're after leading me towards [URL="http:///www.dunnesstores.com/p/3-robin-on-branch/7137275"]this[/URL] and I think I'll have to have it :pac:

Ok I also saw a robin cushion by Carolyn Donnelly and when I went back to look at it again it was gone!

• Advertisement

Thats fab Jellybear I didn't see that before on the site I am going to have a look now Dunnes seem to be adding to their site little by little

I was in Boots at 9 am for supplies for my mam should keep her stocked up for a few weeks, the prescriptions get delivered weekly which is handy from Hickeys and I could ring and order over the phone if needed for either of us, the ladies are so good

Dropped into Dunnes too to collect an order I made, I got tea lights and some tea light holders to add to what I already bought for my Christmas table

The homeware, Pjs, hat, scarves, some kids clothes were available a lot closed off though,

Advertisement