Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Well thanks to the scare mongers in Nphet, I had to get all the Santa shopping done this morning. Luckily, the local toy shop had more stock than smyths and I managed to get things that are out of stock in Smyths. I was in and out in an hour with my shopping list, I highly recommend making one for Santa shopping. Wrecked and broke now, so it’ll be a while before I get out again to buy anything for Christmas, but covid can kiss my butt, Christmas won’t be cancelled this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This chap arrived today. Another (small :pac:) present off the list.

Xx3ph2T.png?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Xx3ph2T.png?1

I love him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Saw this and just thought it was so pretty. Think I'll fill it with minature gins:pac:

[IMG][/img]119653492-636941296980281-1591933580280501980-o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Neighbours presents sorted. Ordered a few gift sets of jams, marmalades, dessert sauces etc from Big Red Kitchen. Trying to buy Irish gifts this year so these were perfect. Her stuff is delicious too which helps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Saw this and just thought it was so pretty. Think I'll fill it with minature gins:pac:

[IMG][/img]119653492-636941296980281-1591933580280501980-o.jpg

Could you not just get a bigger one and fill it with full-sized gin bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Does anyone know if Santa writing paper is in Pennys yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Heroditas wrote: »
    Could you not just get a bigger one and fill it with full-sized gin bottles?

My liver says no :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »

Xx3ph2T.png?1

Brilliant!

Need to get one myself... must have him here in the home office with me!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Boom, just bought a Miggle D Giggles for the wee one. Great shout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does anyone know if Santa writing paper is in Pennys yet?

Wasn't in my one yesterday, Dealz might have some, if I get over later I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Small Christmas present for Elf1 collected yesterday. A few birthday and anniversary presents got as well (we have 8 birthdays and 2 anniversaries in Nov :eek:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Loughc wrote: »
    I love him!!

Well worth the money , his giggles are infectious!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Been very hard to get a new bike for a young one...delighted Argos finally have stock back in, reserved for collection tomorrow.

Would have preferred Halfords or Smyths where they build it but both are out of stock and this one is better value anyway. Says assembly is 'minimal' won't be waiting until 24/12 to find out!!

Apart from some lego we're holding put for Amazon Prime day for the kids are pretty much sorted.

We had been set to give in & get my daughter a mobile (PAYG) as she spends so much time on tiktok, but their school sent out a letter outlining that a number of students were being affected negatively by social media & that these apps have a 13 year minimum age or suchlike. So we sat down & agreed that at just under 10 yo she was too young to have such a device and that we'd be better getting her something else. Sat her down, explained the situation, expecting tears & tantrums, & instead got a relatively calm response of okay, I really want a hover board anyway!!!

Anyway, went online last night, all out of stock, pre-ordered the one she wants but not due in stock again until the end of November!! Thats far tighter than we'd like as it brings back memories of being let down for her big gift when she was younger which we swore we didnt want to let happen again. So we're basically at the mercy of Smyths suppliers now!! Freely admit i'm a tad nervous!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, DvB... I don't blame you!

I'd say PS5's will also be a nightmare to source this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Balls DvB, did you try any UK retailers (use parcel motel even?), that's tight alright especially if we go up in the levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB wrote: »
    ....I really want a hover board anyway!!!

Anyway, went online last night, all out of stock, pre-ordered the one she wants but not due in stock again until the end of November!! Thats far tighter than we'd like as it brings back memories of being let down for her big gift when she was younger which we swore we didnt want to let happen again. So we're basically at the mercy of Smyths suppliers now!! Freely admit i'm a tad nervous!!

Whats the name of it? A boardsie may be able to help out

Jude13 wrote: »
    Whats the name of it? A boardsie may be able to help out

I actually dont know. Herself ordered it. I'll find out tonigth & post it in here tomorrow morning. Cheers!

Was chatting to herself over lunch and we have a backup plan formulated so at least we wont be left completely up the creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stephmcd

Techspec.ie do a great hoverboard. We got that and a kart for our lad for his birthday. Free carry bag too. Highly recommended.
    We had been set to give in & get my daughter a mobile (PAYG) as she spends so much time on tiktok, but their school sent out a letter outlining that a number of students were being affected negatively by social media & that these apps have a 13 year minimum age or suchlike. So we sat down & agreed that at just under 10 yo she was too young to have such a device and that we'd be better getting her something else. Sat her down, explained the situation, expecting tears & tantrums, & instead got a relatively calm response of okay, I really want a hover board anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You might have to go back to the future to get one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

jellybear wrote: »
    Neighbours presents sorted. Ordered a few gift sets of jams, marmalades, dessert sauces etc from Big Red Kitchen. Trying to buy Irish gifts this year so these were perfect. Her stuff is delicious too which helps :D

I had never heard of this company, their stuff looks devine.

I'm the only one who ears chutney here so I don't usually buy any, as it usually gets dumped. I think I'll be treating myself to the cheese selection set, it's been a hard year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ordering new chair covers for my mams dinning chairs, freshen the place up for Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I ordered two Max Benjamin diffusers online from Meadows and Byrne as presents. I had been looking for the white pomegranate in store but it seemed sold out.I got 15% off my first purchase so it wrote off the delivery and gave me a small discount. Felt good when I opened the package and it had a little note saying thank you for purchasing Irish products from an Irish store.

I had never heard of this company, their stuff looks devine.

I'm the only one who ears chutney here so I don't usually buy any, as it usually gets dumped. I think I'll be treating myself to the cheese selection set, it's been a hard year :D

The lady who owns it is lovely, she's popped in a free brown bread mix to the last 2 orders I've made. I actually ordered the chutney set for my bestie :D

She actually told me she'll be doing an offer soon if you sign up to her newsletter on her website you'll get it ;)

Our Smyths order arrived today so that's our little boy and nephew sorted :)

The lady who owns it is lovely, she's popped in a free brown bread mix to the last 2 orders I've made. I actually ordered the chutney set for my bestie :D

She actually told me she'll be doing an offer soon if you sign up to her newsletter on her website you'll get it ;)

Our Smyths order arrived today so that's our little boy and nephew sorted :)

Oh must sign up for that.

Don't talk to me about smyths, I planned to do that as soon as they went back to school but I procrastinated too much... Now look where we are.

The danger of getting stuff in too early is you buy too much... That's how I'm consoling myself anyway :)

Oh must sign up for that.

Don't talk to me about smyths, I planned to do that as soon as they went back to school but I procrastinated too much... Now look where we are.

The danger of getting stuff in too early is you buy too much... That's how I'm consoling myself anyway :)

I'm lucky the boys I'm buying for will be 16 months and 1 year so online was easy and while my will power will definitely be tested not to buy more, I'll do my best :D

My nephew is actually 1 in early December so I'll have to pick up a few bits. Thinking of Christmas pjs and maybe a Christmas jumper...his dad is a big Christmas fan so he'll appreciate that!

Still waiting for Dunnes to put their Christmas stock online. They always have fab pieces :)

Received a lovely personalized wooden tray for Santy with the smallies name on it. Had a little place for milk, cookies and carrots to leave you. Also got a lovely reindeer with ‘Christmas at the PC’s’ on it, Irish business, highly recommend

https://craftshapesireland.ie/

I'm lucky the boys I'm buying for will be 16 months and 1 year so online was easy and while my will power will definitely be tested not to buy more, I'll do my best :D

My nephew is actually 1 in early December so I'll have to pick up a few bits. Thinking of Christmas pjs and maybe a Christmas jumper...his dad is a big Christmas fan so he'll appreciate that!

Still waiting for Dunnes to put their Christmas stock online. They always have fab pieces :)

Yeah we're lucky that the 5yo still doesn't understand the concept of asking santa for stuff (we're awful parents and never brought him to santa) so we can still do a "big surprise" on any of the stock left in smyths :)

I would work close to grafton Street usually so the Disney store was raided at least once a week on my lunch break, I'm going to miss that. Also nipping into marks and getting "adult" chocolates..... Christmas shopping this year will be strange, but we'll muddle through

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Received a lovely personalized wooden tray for Santy with the smallies name on it. Had a little place for milk, cookies and carrots to leave you. Also got a lovely reindeer with ‘Christmas at the PC’s’ on it, Irish business, highly recommend

https://craftshapesireland.ie/

Thank you for sharing this link, I've been thinking about having something custom made to mark someone's first Christmas in heaven and this shop has exactly what I'm looking for. They have some really lovely stuff, and it's great that they're an Irish business too.

Advertisement