Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2020 purchases

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’d really recommend Totally Toys in Castlebar. I’ll be ordering from them for Christmas after a brilliant experience with them. I’m in Kildare, garage arrived in less than 48hrs and personalised email checking all was in order afterwards. Very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I ordered these sort of cupboards for the kitchen. (They should fit) Well it's part of my decorating plan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

kitten_k wrote: »

I've found it on Amazon and the reviews aren't great (songs not recognizable), also cheaper on amazon if you want to risk it as free shipping for Prime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just ordered this from eBay since finding stock was tough. I cannot wait to make coffee with it the minute it arrives

Christmas Tree Double Walled Glass Cups Coffee Mugs (10oz) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SJY8YJ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_vqDGFbV8BGB3E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not a purchase as such but the better half arrived home with the M&S Christmas catalogue. I've just finished drooling over the food..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Heroditas wrote: »
    Not a purchase as such but the better half arrived home with the M&S Christmas catalogue. I've just finished drooling over the food..

The chocolate pine cones look delicious.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Heroditas wrote: »

Going to get a catalogue tomorrow whilst picking up a kids bike in the shopping centre. Reading the catalogue on line isn't the same....

The prosecco pannacotta has been my favourite over the past few years....will it be repeated in 2020 lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The chocolate pine cones look delicious.

We had them last year. Underwhelmed, mostly as they were quite rich and also quite big so couldn't finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Going to get a catalogue tomorrow whilst picking up a kids bike in the shopping centre. Reading the catalogue on line isn't the same....

The prosecco pannacotta has been my favourite over the past few years....will it be repeated in 2020 lol....

Yeah me too online isn't the same..love browsing the food catalogues and gift guides :)

• Advertisement

Got two pals presents completely finished yesterday,
    Bought more loungewear for myself so roomy, soft and comfy

I will tackle the box room later put all the presents together is everything all over the place, I am dying to see wrapping paper in the shops, I am going to pick up my supplies early hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SarahLil wrote: »
    Got two pals presents completely finished yesterday,
    Bought more loungewear for myself so roomy, soft and comfy

I will tackle the box room later put all the presents together is everything all over the place, I am dying to see wrapping paper in the shops, I am going to pick up my supplies early hopefully

The wrapping paper seems to be a bit slow this year in appearing!

Everything is very slow.. I think IMO
    I am raring to go :pac:

Boots catalogue is out now, hardly any stands with them in store- none at entry like normal, just the one by the checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I've seen it in a few places. Supervalu definitely have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I really liked the wrapping paper from Ikea last year. Really nice prints and 100% recyclable. I hope they do similar this year.

I really liked the wrapping paper from Ikea last year. Really nice prints and 100% recyclable. I hope they do similar this year.

They have some stuff out already

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/search/products/?q=christmas

Hoping they stock some in Carrickmines therefore saving a trip to the main store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I've seen it in a few places. Supervalu definitely have it.

Was in M&S yesterday and had some boxes of the tubes. This was in Newbridge

Hoping they stock some in Carrickmines therefore saving a trip to the main store.

Ooh thanks! None of this stuff appeared when I entered "Christmas" into the search bar earlier today.

Carrickmines is closer for me too.

I really want to browse in ikea now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really want to browse in ikea now.

You really don’t, it’s the one place I’ve Felt unsafe and I went late on a Monday night. I literally had someone on top of me trying to reach into the same box as me, avoid at al costs if you can.

pc7 wrote: »
    You really don’t, it’s the one place I’ve Felt unsafe and I went late on a Monday night. I literally had someone on top of me trying to reach into the same box as me, avoid at al costs if you can.

During Covid, I've placed a few orders with them and collected from Carrickmines for 15 euros. They bring the order outside to you. I might do the same for Christmas stuff.

pc7 wrote: »

That sounds like every supermarket trip for me.

Bring under 5 foot alot of people think its OK to just stretch to the shelf above you.

But no I can't see me going into any brick and mortar stores, with the exception of supermarkets.

During Covid, I've placed a few orders with them and collected from Carrickmines for 15 euros. They bring the order outside to you. I might do the same for Christmas stuff.

Yeah us too, has been v handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Got a couple things for the husband at the weekend, he's probably about 70% done at this stage. Still need to do his stocking, perhaps get him 1 other thing as a present and get him a gift from the kids but getting there.

Picked up a few books from Amazon and Newbridge book mark for my mum.

Got some personalised ornaments for extended family and friends gifts. Got one for one of my son's godmothers too but am unsure of how to personalise it, (separated, lives on her own but has 3 grown up children). Its one of those with the heads you write the names on I was thinking of just putting her name and my son's name on the heads or her name and her kids names on the heads (i ordered a 2 head and 4 head one) but I'm not sure on either.

Will be posting wrapped presents to nieces and nephews, godparents and some friends this year I think as the situation is still a bit iffy, so trying to making sure things don't weigh too much or are too bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Got one nephews present, Lego Advent calendar for my Dad and last few small things for Elf3.

Ticking away nicely and feeling much more organised that normal!

I ordered the traditional present I get my parents every year. I need to plan their main present next, not doing too bad so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went a little Christmas mad over the last couple of weeks. Bought a new tree in Arnotts after years of trying to find one that we like. Got my sister slippers and this book which she'll love. Good price from an Irish shop too. Got my husband's main present. My nephew wants something from Ikea so we took a trip there and I ended up buying a little tree for my desk seeing as there will be no office to decorate this year. Also got this cute tealight holder and a couple of stars to put in the window.

vinter-2020-tealight-holder-white__0890983_PE782217_S5.JPG?f=s

strala-lamp-shade-printed-lace-white__0800055_PE767745_S5.JPG?f=s

I ordered my favourite Christmas candle from Allotment too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, they're lovely, Toto!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I've ordered a few of these. I like that they aren't the "personalized" decorations where someone writes on them with a black marker! And they are an Irish company too.
    https://craftshapesireland.ie/product/personalised-sparkle-merry-christmas-plaque-with-lights/

Advertisement