Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotham Knights/Court of Owls (WB Montreal)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MOR316 wrote: »
    I hear ya.

Re the AK, who else could it have been? Was obvious from the moment the trailer was released.

God, I love the Arkham games

Yeah my only compaints about the AK reveal were Rocksteady kept maintaining it was an entirely new and original character (even though people's main guess from the start was that it was Jason), and then blatantly signposted throughout the game that it was Jason. The reveal had zero impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Which is odd as it looked the best until AK came out

I don't know if I agree with that. Half of the map was a bland copy/paste of the AC map with none of the charm. I played both on PS3 fwiw so maybe it looked incredible on PC
    Penn wrote: »
    Yeah my only compaints about the AK reveal were Rocksteady kept maintaining it was an entirely new and original character (even though people's main guess from the start was that it was Jason), and then blatantly signposted throughout the game that it was Jason. The reveal had zero impact.

I can see why they did that though, they were hiding something much better and the speculation about AK's identity sucked up all the oxygen pre-release. Maybe they could have handled it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't know if I agree with that. Half of the map was a bland copy/paste of the AC map with none of the charm. I played both on PS3 fwiw so maybe it looked incredible on PC

Nah, I just think the character's and graphics in general look great is all.
    Gotham was a pain in the arse getting around

Will Rocksteady be bringing a new Batman game out?

I don't like the concept of Gotham Knights tbh

Rocksteady are doing the Suicide Squad game. They say it's set in the Arkham-verse (even though Deadshot has changed race since his appearance in Arkham City).

• Advertisement

If it is the multiplayer thing that is putting you off then I have some bad news for you.

Tbh it sounds like Gotham Knights is gonna be far more in line with the Arkham series than Suicide Squad, even though it isn't set in the Arkham-verse and SS is.

If it is the multiplayer thing that is putting you off then I have some bad news for you.

Tbh it sounds like Gotham Knights is gonna be far more in line with the Arkham series than Suicide Squad, even though it isn't set in the Arkham-verse and SS is.

No, I just wanna play as Batman. :D

I know he's died in the comics before but, don't like it with this. Doesn't feel right if that makes sense. He didn't even die in Arkham Knight

I know he's died in the comics before but, don't like it with this. Doesn't feel right if that makes sense. He didn't even die in Arkham Knight

He'll be alive in Gotham Knights. It'll be a "He had to fake his death to infiltrate the Court of Owls" type of story or similar. Whether you get to play as him, who knows. Wouldn't surprise me if he's released after as DLC.

He will be in gotham knights, of that I have no doubt. I would imagine there is little chance of playing as him in SS though, I think RS want to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Could almost think that they were connecting SS to Arkham as it was the weaker and less proven game when Gotham knights looks to be more the continuation of Arkham Knight, even playing with the names.

Also making deadshot black but making sure he doesn't look like Will Smith to avoid trouble, same as with the marvel game. Which is stupid when it's Arkham and deadshots been in 2 of them already.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Could almost think that they were connecting SS to Arkham as it was the weaker and less proven game when Gotham knights looks to be more the continuation of Arkham Knight, even playing with the names.

Also making deadshot black but making sure he doesn't look like Will Smith to avoid trouble, same as with the marvel game. Which is stupid when it's Arkham and deadshots been in 2 of them already.

I don't read comics but it seems to me that superhero names/titles are passed around like a football, I suppose it isn't all that strange.

I don't read comics but it seems to me that superhero names/titles are passed around like a football, I suppose it isn't all that strange.

While that happens they've also show some mugshots and his actual name was the same so it's meant to be the same guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

IGN did a Q and A with the devs

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-gotham-knights-co-op-combat-biggest-questions-answered

.Quick Summary:

Freeflow seemingly gone in favor of something more akin to traditional third person action games
    Options for variations in melee, ranged and stealth types
    Stamina bar (bottom left purple bar from gameplay vid) for specials attacks. Ties into ability tree and gear
    Open world fully available from the jump
    No level gating whatsoever
    Enemy levels vary based on types of missions
    Missions can be approached from different ways, stealth or straight action
    Suits are customizable, but there will also be full skins
    Game is fully single player with optional 2 player co-op
    You can have two of the same character in co-op
    NOT a GAAS
    Multiple villains with their own branching storylines
    Takes place over multiple nights, but daytime is limited to the Belfry (base of operations)
    Room for growth within the game's universe. Possibly hinting at more stories coming in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

All sounds great to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, don't have a problem with any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Whats a GAAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whats a GAAS?

Game as a service. Basically any games with 'seasons' that add new additions and ways to sell new parts of a game. Sounds like the avengers game night be like that so i think it's their way of saying it's not like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

He'll be alive in Gotham Knights. It'll be a "He had to fake his death to infiltrate the Court of Owls" type of story or similar. Whether you get to play as him, who knows. Wouldn't surprise me if he's released after as DLC.

I don't trust WB Montreal not to just have him be the Talon at the end of the trailer tee bee haytch. Arkham Origins very much join-the-dots prequel filler.

Arkham Origins might have been a broken reskin ( with some of it being rather blatant like having a glue bomb instead of the Ice), but it did have the best story and showing the Joker going from just wanting chaos to becoming obsesses with Batman was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

All I can remember from origins was that long ass bridge you had to go across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

IGN did a Q and A with the devs

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-gotham-knights-co-op-combat-biggest-questions-answered

.Quick Summary:

NOT a GAAS
    Room for growth within the game's universe. Possibly hinting at more stories coming in the future.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if they're already contradicting themselves that its not GAAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Future stories could just mean plain old DLC I guess, which all the Arkham games had.

All I can remember from origins was that long ass bridge you had to go across.

Map was basically the same in City and Origins, bridge was in both.

Nah, Origins was a lot bigger.

Was good fun exploring once you could land in the Batwing on certain roof tops

The Arkham City area was in both City and Origins, but Origins had new areas too, connected by bridges. Think it was about 3 times the size of City overall (but felt a lot emptier because of it).

Maybe I am being cynical but I still don't trust any developer that claims their game isn't a GAAS.
    The Arkham City area was in both City and Origins, but Origins had new areas too, connected by bridges. Think it was about 3 times the size of City overall (but felt a lot emptier because of it).

Yea, they basically took the AC map and covered it in snow to hide their lazy reskin. Even the stuff they did add was lifeless and lacked detail. Most of the interesting stuff in that game took place indoors or in instanced areas.

Started playing through Arkham Knight again the last few evenings, and just not feeling it. Above all else, the Batmobile is just sapping all my energy. I might just jump back into my previous 100% save and do the DLC bits rather than playing through the story again.

Here's hoping the Batcycles shown in Gotham Knights are only used for optional traversal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Started playing through Arkham Knight again the last few evenings, and just not feeling it. Above all else, the Batmobile is just sapping all my energy. I might just jump back into my previous 100% save and do the DLC bits rather than playing through the story again.

Here's hoping the Batcycles shown in Gotham Knights are only used for optional traversal.

Yeah I'm the exact same. The game just forces you into the Batmobile at every opportunity. You might as well be playing a different game.

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the exact same. The game just forces you into the Batmobile at every opportunity. You might as well be playing a different game.

It was the bit at Ace Chemicals that really annoyed me.

Position Batmobile
    Get out to move ramp
    Get back in to use ramp in BM
    Get out to take down enemies in room
    Remote control BM to pull down wall
    Move forward a few steps
    Remote control BM to pull lift up
    Get into lift
    Remote control BM to lower lift down
    Fight thugs and rescue someone
    Bring guy to lift
    Put guy in BM
    Drive BM to give guy to Gordon
    Drive BM back to ramp
    Get out to move ramp again
    Drive BM over ramp to enter new tunnel
    Get out to fight two guys and open door for BM
    Drive BM for about 5 seconds
    Get out to fight 20 guys and open door for BM
    Drive BM for another 5 seconds
    Finally do actual Batman sh*t

Think there's even some fighting tanks in between all that too but f*ck even knows. I know it's not like that for the whole game, but man it just completely kills the flow

• Advertisement

It was the bit at Ace Chemicals that really annoyed me.

Position Batmobile
    Get out to move ramp
    Get back in to use ramp in BM
    Get out to take down enemies in room
    Remote control BM to pull down wall
    Move forward a few steps
    Get into lift
    Remote control BM to lower lift down
    Fight thugs and rescue someone
    Bring guy to lift
    Put guy in BM
    Drive BM to give guy to Gordon
    Drive BM back to ramp
    Get out to move ramp again
    Drive BM over ramp to enter new tunnel
    Get out to fight two guys and open door for BM
    Drive BM for about 5 seconds
    Get out to fight 20 guys and open door for BM
    Drive BM for another 5 seconds
    Finally do actual Batman sh*t

Think there's even some fighting tanks in between all that too but f*ck even knows. I know it's not like that for the whole game, but man it just completely kills the flow

I actually really liked that bit, some light puzzle solving with the car was a bit of fun. The fact that they never repeated it to that extent is what saves it.

Advertisement