Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snap election?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I hope they will not be any election this year anyway. It would solve nothing but give certain wannabes a drum to bang endlessly in our faces. What the country needs now more than ever is for current TD's, especially those in opposition, to stop behaving like 12-year-olds and get on with the job.

To be fair, it's primarily government TD'S acting like 12 year olds , albeit some in fact acting like 6 year olds.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Dempo1 wrote: »
    To be fair, it's primarily government TD'S acting like 12 year olds , albeit some in fact acting like 6 year olds.

It's both, the reason they're looking to bring the Dail back is to shout more.
    At no stage have they been constructive.
    Don't forget SF at the funeral breaching regulations.....

I don't need to mention golfgate, or any of the other crap some ministers have been at to balance it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

6 wrote: »
    Why would a government in disarray call a snap election?

Doesn't make any sense.

How much more disarray can we get than we are at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Geuze wrote: »
    PR-STV is superior to FTPT, that is a settled issue.

We have had coalitions in Ireland for several decades.

The last single party Govt was in 1979??

That's 40 years ago now.

Coalitions are surely a sign of a mature society?

How come PR ( single transferable vote kind )is only used by us and Malta ?

I hate it ,results in parish pump politics dominating, endless compromise and political fudge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Can't see an election happening anytime soon but I get the feeling that the 3 government parties are estranged and that there will be weekly fxxkups until some one finally gives up, can't see MM handing over office to Varadkers replacement in 2 years so 2 years of FF and FG at each others throats with the Greens sitting about collecting their salaries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement