Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 21-08-2020 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I was in the Classic cars thread , and I asked why did posters think it was ok to take pics of cars whilst they driving their own car?

I was banned.
    I have pm'd the mod - no reply.

Surely this is not right?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I would suggest giving the mod a little time to reply. If you still have no joy, then I'll let the CMods know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

mike_ie wrote: »
    I would suggest giving the mod a little time to reply. If you still have no joy, then I'll let the CMods know.

Thanks Mike.
    I sent him the pm 2 days ago.

I have alerted the CMods to this. I believe one of them will be taking this DRP on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Hi greenspurs,

I'll take a look at this.

Please forward here or by PM your efforts to resolve this with the mod, thanks.

tricky D wrote: »
    Hi greenspurs,

I'll take a look at this.

Please forward here or by PM your efforts to resolve this with the mod, thanks.

Hi Tricky d
    I have sent the 2 messages to you via PM.

I have not received any correspondence from the thread mod that banned me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi greenspurs, I've looked into this for you.

You were banned before in the exact same thread for the exact same thing just a few months ago. That ban was just for a day. This second ban is for a month. In my humble view that is a bit excessive. You've served well over a week of your ban. I can remove the ban now if you like. If you are not happy with that result, I can ask an admin to step in and review

unkel wrote: »
    Hi greenspurs, I've looked into this for you.

You were banned before in the exact same thread for the exact same thing just a few months ago. That ban was just for a day. This second ban is for a month. In my humble view that is a bit excessive. You've served well over a week of your ban. I can remove the ban now if you like. If you are not happy with that result, I can ask an admin to step in and review

Thank you Unkel.

I don't understand how asking about why they are taking pics of cars whilst they are driving is worthy of a ban at all?
    It is an admission of guilt on their behalf, I understand, but I believe that the people taking pics while diving should be banned !
    It is dangerous and against the law !
    But while mods there are taking pics, and moderating on the forum, nothing will happen !
    I think that it should be looked at by Admin.

I would appreciate the removal of the ban, as I don't want it on my 'record'
    Regards,
    GS

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will take a look at this if that's ok.

I have a couple of DRP admin reviews to do but I hope to get to this one today.

Thank you Hullaballoo

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have reviewed this.

I was unable to find anything in the forum charter or any obvious warning that there is a rule not to post along these lines. I asked the moderator to clarify and there has not yet been a reply.

As such, there may be a rule against this kind of post but I have not been able to find it. If there is a rule, it is not clear where it is and it would be unfair to allow you to sit out a long ban awaiting a reply from a moderator that may never come.

Given the severity of the ban, I do not believe it is appropriate in circumstances where there is no clear rule against what you posted.

Ban overturned.

• Advertisement

Thank you Hullaballoo .

Marked as resolved and thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement