Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One X Factory Refurbished

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

nice console for the money, will still be relevant for a few years

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DDP3BMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1Refurbised xbox 1

Amazon France had it at 199 for brand new yesterday but then changed it to refurb in the evening.

Their CS confirmed it was brand new so easy to get another 50-60 euros back on it if it turns out to be a refurb.

I ordered 2 from there so if I end up paying 150 each it will be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

dan786 wrote: »
    Amazon France had it at 199 for brand new yesterday but then changed it to refurb in the evening.

Their CS confirmed it was brand new so easy to get another 50-60 euros back on it if it turns out to be a refurb.

serious bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Do these come with a warranty?
    If they're refurbs, how do you get back 50 to 60 as you suggest?
    dan786 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Do these come with a warranty?
    If they're refurbs, how do you get back 50 to 60 as you suggest?

Amazon France listed them as new yesterday at 199 euros but later in the evening changed it to refurbished.

Their customer support said that they are brand new when asked. So if they arrive as refurbished, all you need to do is contact Amazon and show that it was listed as new when purchased and their CS said the same, they normally give 25-30% refund as its their mistake.

You cannot do this now. This would have only worked if you had ordered when it was listed as new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

nice console for the money, will still be relevant for a few years

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DDP3BMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1Refurbised xbox 1

How much was it? Coming up as £299 sterling now, is this a good price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

wilser wrote: »
    With game pass option it's 199 or 190 with xbox live.

wilser wrote: »

Just ordered one with Gears 5 Ultimate for 199.99stg...Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Just ordered one with Gears 5 Ultimate for 199.99stg...Thanks OP

It's 299 now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭antomack

Bare console also available on amazon.fr, amazon.it and amazon.de although .fr seems the cheapest at €219 delivered.

Amazon.fr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mr.oiseau

Do you have to pay to play online for the xbox? And what about Ps4? One is free to play online isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Both require a subscription to play online. The PS3 didn't need a sub, but that changed on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

Has anyone bought and received a refurb model from Amazon?

My delivery date was just updated from today to Sep 8th but have also just spotted reviews regarding issues with refurbs from Amazon. Any comments or advice here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mine arrived yesterday, haven't had a huge amount of time with it, but the kids were on it all morning and happy out with it. Only thing I haven't tested really is online play

RedXIV wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday, haven't had a huge amount of time with it, but the kids were on it all morning and happy out with it. Only thing I haven't tested really is online play

Did they send you a new or refurbished one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

aflossj wrote: »

My delivery date was just updated from today to Sep 8th but have also just spotted reviews regarding issues with refurbs from Amazon. Any comments or advice here?

Got one.. 3 days delivery with prime

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mr.oiseau

aflossj wrote: »

Ordered one from amazon France on Monday and delivery date is 01st Sept

Did they send you a new or refurbished one?

Mine is a refurb but honestly, you wouldn't know looking at it. Looks immaculate

RedXIV wrote: »
    Mine is a refurb but honestly, you wouldn't know looking at it. Looks immaculate

Do you think the refurbished ones are just units that people returned during the 14 day distance selling cooling off period or are have they been used more extensively than that?
    I bought a refurbished laptop from dell once and it seemed to be a returned unit, was in mint condition with only a small fingerprint mark on the screen.

Do you think the refurbished ones are just units that people returned during the 14 day distance selling cooling off period or are have they been used more extensively than that?
    I bought a refurbished laptop from dell once and it seemed to be a returned unit, was in mint condition with only a small fingerprint mark on the screen.

Honestly, if I had been told it was new, i'd have believed it. Not a mark on the console. The controller is in perfect shape. Wouldn't be surprised if it had been turned on once and put back in the box

• Advertisement
Advertisement