Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Thermostat not connecting to Weather

• 21-08-2020 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

I had a Nest Thermostat installed last week and for the first few days it worked great, with the Farsight function showing the weather when you walk past it. However since Monday (I think) it just pops up “Can’t get the weather right now. nest.com/m2”. I have gone to the link and tried all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail (reset router, reset nest, checked firewall, my phone app connects to the nest with no issue, the nest servers say everything is up and running).

Anyone else currently having this problem (implying it is on the server end) or have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I had a Nest Thermostat installed last week and for the first few days it worked great, with the Farsight function showing the weather when you walk past it. However since Monday (I think) it just pops up “Can’t get the weather right now. nest.com/m2”. I have gone to the link and tried all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail (reset router, reset nest, checked firewall, my phone app connects to the nest with no issue, the nest servers say everything is up and running).

Anyone else currently having this problem (implying it is on the server end) or have a solution?

I have a nest although i have it set to show the time and date on the farsight it normally tells me weather / temperature on app. This has been set at temperature zero and weather constantly clear since monday and the weather which used to change is now just stuck at clear. So seems to be server problem i think. What does it say on your app

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

I have a nest although i have it set to show the time and date on the farsight it normally tells me weather / temperature on app. This has been set at zero since monday and the weather which used to change is now just stuck at clear. So seems to be server problem i think. What does it say on your app

Its a server issue same thing happened to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I have a nest although i have it set to show the time and date on the farsight it normally tells me weather / temperature on app. This has been set at temperature zero and weather constantly clear since monday and the weather which used to change is now just stuck at clear. So seems to be server problem i think. What does it say on your app

The app has inside humidity and outside temperature on it, so that seems to be working.

As others are having this issue, hopefully its just a server issue on their end and it gets fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

The app has inside humidity and outside temperature on it, so that seems to be working.

As others are having this issue, hopefully its just a server issue on their end and it gets fixed.

My app just started showing up to date weather/temperature again this morning . So looks like server fault rectified. How do you get inside humidity on your app. Never saw that option.
    I have "13° & Cloudy"

Advertisement