Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Make it happen Cyrus! :p

I won’t but neither will anyone else so the charge of double standards and begrudgery is a fair one.

One you see words like elite being used you know the cohort you are dealing with .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

It's the lying and the spoofing that drives everyone mad I reckon.
    Although probably the same traits that get them to these positions in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Looks like he is jumping before he gets pushed. von der Leyen has obviously told him you can go with dignity or else be fired, your choice, which will it be.

Dignity ?? !

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

wrangler wrote: »
    And begrudgery...

He's sixty now , he'll have a pension most of us can only dream about and he'll walk into another high powered position. He'll likely be better off
    Why don't the other 80 lose their jobs too if it's all about fairness.

Because the other 80 didn't first try to blame somebody else, then lie, then lie some more to the Taoiseach and the Tanaiste (i.e. the people) then lied not once but several times to his boss in the EU?

Just a fecking guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Cyrus wrote: »
    I won’t but neither will anyone else so the charge of double standards and begrudgery is a fair one.

One you see words like elite being used you know the cohort you are dealing with .

You’re using it yourself there, cohort on with yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who is next for the gallows?

I am looking at you Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Cyrus wrote: »

You've lost me ha. You think he shouldn't go is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

That’s a massive generalisation, I would say that they have less experience and tolerance of the toxic culture of Irish politics which Phil was clearly very familiar with.

Actually, Ursula herself got into hot water in Germany and they too were delighted to see the back of her.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/future-eu/news/von-der-leyen-admits-mistakes-denies-responsibility-in-defence-contract-scandal/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

This is a rare event - an EU Commissioner being forced to resign is a big event in EU politicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Piehead wrote: »
    Looks like it’s

BIG PHIL 1 CURTAIN TWITCHERS 0
    This hasnt aged well....

He is resigning lol

Good the useless, galumphing idiot deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Who is next for the gallows?

I am looking at you Hayes

The Supreme court lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Phil Hogan is to resign from his role as EU Trade Commissioner https://jrnl.ie/5184266

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This is a rare event - an EU Commissioner being forced to resign is a big event in EU politicking.

Only the second time, the first was the Maltese lad for lobbying for a Tobacco company.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Leo won’t be happy he was hoping big Phil would keep that seat warm for him
    Now that big Phil is gone surely in the interest of fairness and equality that wolf should now be forced to resign along with all those senators who were gifted their positions?

screamer wrote: »
    You’re using it yourself there, cohort on with yourself

Amazing, you got me .

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    You've lost me ha. You think he shouldn't go is it?

No I don’t

It’s a nonsense this witch hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Do you remember that time there was dodgy bank dealings going on that eventually cost the taxpayer billions upon billions of euro and led to austerity, emigration and suicides?

What did Phil Hogan do?

A) Publicly speak out about it in our parliament where he was elected by the people to serve the people and call attention to a serious issue of national concern?

Or:

B) Did he keep his mouth shut and exploit the situtaion for his own personal game?

Yet the propagandaists are out telling us he's "batting for Ireland"? :rolleyes:

Ah sure I suppose you'll be happy for the country in the Brexit negotiations when the Irish Phil has been replaced by the French or Dutch or Greek version of Phil. I'm sure that those versions will be more worried about Ireland than the original Phil was.

You should always be careful what you wish for in case you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

That's a result, sets a decent example for other politicians that there's nobody above the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Who are we predicting will replace him? My money is on either Frances Fitz or Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Supreme court lad.

Plenty of room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Who are we predicting will replace him? My money is on either Frances Fitz or Harris.

Lets just savour this moment for a while.

Leo won’t be happy he was hoping big Phil would keep that seat warm for him
    Now that big Phil is gone surely in the interest of fairness and equality that wolf should now be forced to resign along with all those senators who were gifted their positions?

Id say Leo sights are higher than being a Commissioner. More Like President of the Council or Commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Macdarack wrote: »
    That's a result, sets a decent example for other politicians that there's nobody above the rules.

they wont learn though.

now that judge needs to go.if any people think they are above the law its them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

Because maybe Ursula has more b@lls than our brave and fearless leaders.

What are you on about ? They called on him to resign 3 or 4 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It'll be amazing if LV or Coveney shuffle into view.
    I mean - amazing for theories, scandal, rumour etc

I hope we'll be a bit more vigilant and vocal about who takes his place.
    Covney with his bilderberg connections wouldn't fill me full of confidence.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only native English speaking nation is getting the top jobs given the global trade situation with trump and UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

He has himself to blame. No sympathy for him but its a very unfortunate development for Ireland. An Irish Trade Commissioner was both moral and very practical support for us leading into EU-UK trade negotiations.

It would be a diplomatic triumph for his successor to get the same portfolio but a shuffle is more likely. We (he) blew it and we will be made suffer.

Hard work ahead; the livelehoods of some of those celebrating Hogan's downfall very likely depend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Can't speak for Fitz or Harris, but Francie is not interested...I'm ****e at the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Enda Kenny to replace him.

Harris is too young for that job. Frances Fitz, Bruton or Charlie Flanagan! Tricky enough for both FF and FG if they promote a TD and what it will do to their numbers in the Dail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Because maybe Ursula has more b@lls than our brave and fearless leaders.

Our government is useless to give into this rubbish, Ireland is ungovernable now.
    Politicians are correct now to draw their generous salaries and do nothing,

Advertisement