Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

ya it went very well

Indeed.
    & any pro IW plonker Or pig-head Phil couldn’t even give you the figure that it cost to set up.

He’s exactly the guy Europe need for Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Seanergy wrote: »
    it flows.

It's a Phil Hogan thread, when he was Minster for the Environment he actually had a duty as Minister to protect the quality of drinking water, a duty he neglected. He is a negligent piece of work and I am glad he spends less time sharing the air I breath and no longer has a say in our water.

It flows from the reservoirs to your taps through.........?

Every minister for the Environment for the last 50 years, and for the next 50 probably has/will have to accept the poor water infrastructure will not be fixed unless billions are spent on it. The government at the time were the first to actually try to remedy the problem, but they made a balls of the message, unfortunately no government will be brave enough to do what needs to be done now.

People like you want clean, fresh water, you just don’t want to pay for it, so you get dirty water and restricted usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Our grandchildren will be born in debt and die in debt

I suspect most kids worldwide are born “in debt”, maybe there are countries who have no borrowings, but I doubt there are many.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LillySV wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Phil hogan works for the interests of the ordinary Irish person is a dumb Cnut... sorry for saying that .: I just can’t believe there is fukin idiots spouting that ****e...: I’ve yet to see one sign of that cnut working for the interests of the ordinary man in all his years

As someone who's had the misfortune to deal with him a number of times, I can confirm that he's everything you think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Does anyone know what type of room divider was used in Clifden?

Folding wall, sliding door, curtain, Japanese style, slats, beads or fabric....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Indeed.
    & any pro IW plonker Or pig-head Phil couldn’t even give you the figure that it cost to set up.

He’s exactly the guy Europe need for Brexit.

AFAIK with Brexit, he is supposed to be a tough negotiator and act as an enforcer.

Strange politician, think he has got to where he is by being smug and bullying. It's ironic that he was so toxic to Fine Gael, both internally and with voters that to get rid of him he gets a nice number in Brussels, exactly what he wanted.

The world works in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Dav010 wrote: »

Every minister for the Environment for the last 50 years, and for the next 50 probably has/will have to accept the poor water infrastructure will not be fixed unless billions are spent on it. The government at the time were the first to actually try to remedy the problem, but they made a balls of the message, unfortunately no government will be brave enough to do what needs to be done now.

People like you want clean, fresh water, you just don’t want to pay for it, so you get dirty water and restricted usage.

Ease up on the presumptive attitude and sticking me in a box there DavO.

Your singing bull to the educated here, I'm not on thread to discuss IW or the GOV.

Phil Hogan did wrong and as a result all the youths are being taught it's okay to blame someone else(Phil blames the Hotel in this case) and not take responsibility for one's own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I actually think big Phil may have created a bit too much detail in his record of.movement. it may actually catch him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

mickdw wrote: »
    I actually think big Phil may have created a bit too much detail in his record of.movement. it may actually catch him out.

More to come on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All our other taxes go towards services too. Very little services in fact. Property Tax, VRT, Income Tax, PRSI, USC, Levies etc. Poor value for money imo.
    I would have preferred to protest over the Property Tax but there was no mass protests over it so the Water Tax became the target and I protested then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I suspect you are from Galway and talking about the Tuam sugar factory, they closed the two factories because they were inefficient and loss making. If you can buy a kg of imported sugar for less than the cost of making it here, that I s the way commerce works, the factory closes.
    ----

Those “good Europeans” bailed us out buddy.

This is good evidence of either being blindly pro-EU or shill like for some reason to defend this stuff.

The EU's own court of auditors years later found the closures may not of necessary and were working off bad data etc.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2010/1110/294267-greencore/

That's right the thing your defending a different branch of the EU found flaws with

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

More to come on that.

Little Trickles of information might slowly take him down.

Does anyone know what type of room divider was used in Clifden?

It was a simple 'elite divider' made especially by Fine Gael and Fianna Fail using taxpayer money.

The elite divider works very well by excluding people from Social Democrats, Greens, Labour and Sinn Fein.

Let us hope that the electorate figure out how to use an elite divider at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not to be the dark horse on the thread but many calling for his resignation while it has to be said that many of the same have broken restrictions themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Reports coming in Hogan was playing golf with Dermot Desmond @ K Club the August Bank Holiday weekend...

Them and us!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,546 ✭✭✭✭Water John

All I say is that I generally find politicians ok to deal with, it's a tough job. But Hogan is the most arrogant one Iv'e ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Not to be the dark horse on the thread but many calling for his resignation while it has to be said that many of the same have broken restrictions themselves.

first of all how could you possibly know this?do you know everyone on boards and what they do?

secondly these people are entrusted with the running of this country.we listen to them we take their advice and do it however hard it is.

but they dont have the decency to do it as well to acknowledge the amount of people who have died and are sick with this virus.the people who buried relatives without even seeing them or saying goodbye one last time.

lets have a golf party in a hotel with 80 people and put other people at risk.

ass holes.

I love this story. So many of them exposing their old failings. Classic FFG. It will be talked about for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

first of all how could you possibly know this?do you know everyone on boards and what they do?.

Well I want you to do the following...
    Stand up.
    Get off the internet.
    Go outside and watch how many people are breaking restrictions and measures.

Keep them eyes open and you'll see the same. But I doubt you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭PressRun

He should resign, but he won't. Anyone who has ever had any dealings with him will tell you that humility is not something he is familiar with. He'll give the two fingers to the entire public before he'll step aside.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40036097.html

Phil has done a runner this morning. Back to Brussels before any questions could be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Phil has done a runner this morning. Back to Brussels before any questions could be asked.

He is putting space between him and the fall out disappear into the crowd let the heat die down tactic. EU is a great place to hid. No accountability.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Wonder will he quarantine when he gets there. Its recommended I think in local guidance.

Probably not.

2. Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ChikiChiki wrote: »
      Wonder will he quarantine when he gets there. Its recommended I think in local guidance.

Probably not.
      Apparently not: he's due back at work on Monday morning.

3. Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Acosta

I wonder will the media keep the pressure on on him? I doubt it. Hugh at the Indo has already moved onto a story about a Sinn Fein Councillor going abroad on her holidays. It must have been a rough few days at INM. Time to balance things up a little. There's been far too much official Ireland bashing going on for their liking I would think.

4. Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

AmberGold wrote: »
      Reports coming in Hogan was playing golf with Dermot Desmond @ K Club the August Bank Holiday weekend...

Them and us!

I played it in July - green fees are available to anyone. The Twilight option is good value for a top course.

August bank holiday was THREE weeks ago

5. Registered Users Posts: 20,125 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Acosta wrote: »
      I wonder will the media keep the pressure on on him? I doubt it. Hugh at the Indo has already moved onto a story about a Sinn Fein Councillor going abroad on her holidays. It must have been a rough few days at INM. Time to balance things up a little. There's been far too much official Ireland bashing going on for their liking I would think.

Good where is the thread looking for her to resign ?

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

silver2020 wrote: »
      I played it in July - green fees are available to anyone. The Twilight option is good value for a top course.

August bank holiday was THREE weeks ago

Was it TWO weeks after he came back to Ireland in LATE JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Acosta wrote: »
      I wonder will the media keep the pressure on on him?

Guess we'll know in a few hours...

8. Advertisement
    9. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Apparently not: he's due back at work on Monday morning.

Diplomatic immmmmmpunity.

Advertisement