Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats him finished so, Ursala von der Leyen wont stand over him playing golf in Holland before going to Galway....

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Not much of a fillip now.

Phil Hogan is a gentleman. Looks great in his apron of fellowship , a master amoung mere men. I remember seeing him at druids glen, a gent and a statesman, he had the room mesmerized.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why not?
    If he really has been traipsing around Europe like some sort of golfing Typhoid Annie and ignoring regulations, then lying about it, she will have no choice but to let him go.
    If she gets behind him and defends him she would only be drawing unwanted flak on herself and the commision.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Phil Hogan is a gentleman. Looks great in his apron of fellowship , a master amoung mere men. I remember seeing him at druids glen, a gent and a statesman, he had the room mesmerized.

He wasnt too much of a gentleman when he insulted Anne O Connell at another one of the Golf society's outings and was forced to apologise to her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

So Phil gets sacked from his job. Where's the cry for the rest of them to loose their jobs?

You should be on stage fella. The next one outta town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I remember seeing him in Doha with his arms full.
    The woman looked mesmerised.
    He escaped that time but I reckon he’s cornered this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

People in Europe must look on a gasp at this.

Ireland want to dump their key position at the negotiation table for Brexit because he attended a function with 80 people at a hotel.

The mind boggles really, we have well and truly lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

silver2020 wrote: »
    I played it in July - green fees are available to anyone. The Twilight option is good value for a top course.

August bank holiday was THREE weeks ago

What are you talking about, are you following this thread / story at all ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Goodnight sweet prince

All these drivers !!!!

Drunk drivers.
    Learner drivers.
    Golf drivers.

The whole thing would drive you mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Google Siteserv and Irish Water. Hogan was exiled to Europe for a reason.

touts wrote: »
    Google Siteserv and Irish Water. Hogan was exiled to Europe for a reason.

Add Anne O Connell to that list!

People in Europe must look on a gasp at this.

Ireland want to dump their key position at the negotiation table for Brexit because he attended a function with 80 people at a hotel.

The mind boggles really, we have well and truly lost the plot.
    It has been said before, Big Phil doesn't give a crap about Ireland or the Irish people. He never did, even when he was in government here.
    He is not fighting our corner in Europe, he has already shown on more than one occasion that he is willing to screw us over, that's how he ended up as an EU commisioner.

All he cares about is junkets and feathering his own nest, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I remember seeing him in Doha with his arms full.
    The woman looked mesmerised.
    He escaped that time but I reckon he’s cornered this time.

Phil is cariama with bells and whistles, he can’t help it is the ladies are weak for him. He stands in for photos to be polite to people of lesser standing in society.

It has been said before, Big Phil doesn't give a crap about Ireland or the Irish people. He never did, even when he was in government here.
    He is not fighting our corner in Europe, he has already shown on more than one occasion that he is willing to screw us over, that's how he ended up as an EU commisioner.

All he cares about is junkets and feathering his own nest, end of.

Exactly, sure he screwed his own farming community with the mercosur deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If he really has been traipsing around Europe like some sort of golfing Typhoid Annie and ignoring regulations, then lying about it, she will have no choice but to let him go.
    If she gets behind him and defends him she would only be drawing unwanted flak on herself and the commision.

Apart from the dinner, what regulations did he ignore, what did he lie about?

Phil is cariama with bells and whistles, he can’t help it is the ladies are weak for him.

You're as subtle as a toppled crane.

Phil is cariama with bells and whistles, he can’t help it is the ladies are weak for him. He stands in for photos to be polite to people of lesser standing in society.

He needs go to Specsavers so or is it any port in a storm?

• Advertisement

Apart from the dinner, what regulations did he ignore, what did he lie about?
    Wait until tomorrow QE and all will be revealed ;)

I think people are seriously missing the big picture on this.

The draconian measures that have been implemented on the people of Ireland are the issue - the absolute needless sacrifices and pain everybody has endured.

But no, let's miss this fact and further ruin our future recovery by getting rid of a crucial Irish voice in Europe.

Like him or loath him, we need a strong Irish voice at the table.

We also need to recognise that just because we have all been through huge pain does not mean we must take everyone down with us.

We need to try and put a line under things and move on.

Functions such as that should be allowed take place under proper social distancing rules etc. Anybody looking in at this would rightly think this country has lost it.

I think people are seriously missing the big picture on this.

The draconian measures that have been implemented on the people of Ireland are the issue - the absolute needless sacrifices and pain everybody has endured.

But no, let's miss this fact and further ruin our future recovery by getting rid of a crucial Irish voice in Europe.

Like him or loath him, we need a strong Irish voice at the table.

We also need to recognise that just because we have all been through huge pain does not mean we must take everyone down with us.

We need to try and put a line under things and move on.

Functions such as that should be allowed take place under proper social distancing rules etc. Anybody looking in at this would rightly think this country has lost it.

Give me strength! :rolleyes:

I have no interest or like for Phil Hogan..

I am interested in Ireland getting over this COVID madness and thinking about the future.

We are just killing eachother at the moment and it isn't helping anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats him finished so, Ursala von der Leyen wont stand over him playing golf in Holland before going to Galway. If he refuses to resign she will remove him.

The scalp of Phil Hogan is certainly going to be an enjoyable one for many people in Ireland. He rivals only Pee Flynn as one of the most arrogant politicians this country has ever produced

What scalp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think he will have resigned by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So Phil gets sacked from his job. Where's the cry for the rest of them to loose their jobs?

One at a time will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

I think he will have resigned by Monday.

Farage will be delighted - and the head delivered by the Irish themselves on the 98th anniversary of the murder of Michael Collins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

There was a good comment on another thread about the domino effect. Calleary went quick, then Buttimer, then senators had whip removed. Big Phil up next. If he managed to brass neck it out, everyone else is safe.

But looks now like he has to go with the other golf trip now coming out. So maybe Woulfe and a few others might be under pressure with this staying in the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

Jizique wrote: »
    Farage will be delighted - and the head delivered by the Irish themselves on the 98th anniversary of the murder of Michael Collins

That was yesterday, the 22nd!

Advertisement