Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if he got the points or was told to drive on....

Would likely be entitled to diplomatic immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Well I know where to come if I need up-to-the-second Phil Hogan news:eek:

The story that keeps on giving....”Trickle” they call him??more like “Drip drip “ today....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Limpy wrote: »
    "on his way from Kilkenny to Clifden, the Commissioner stopped briefly at his apartment in Kildare for the purpose of collecting personal belongings and essential work documents relating to negotiations which continued while he was in Galway".

I'm not over-familiar with the regulations/guidelines/whatever: would there be a problem with this if he didn't stay overnight in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I'd say that was part of the quid pro quo for implementing water charges in the first place. That idea came from the EU. Something like.

"If you manage to convince Irish people that they need to pay for water then you've a job waiting for you in Brussels. If you do that you could sell ice to the eskimos!"

You could be right. He didn't convince though and it turned into a shambles.

Maybe it was a reward for trying to push it through.

I think if you were part of the British team you would be glad he was representing the EU. Lots of cards to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Phoebas wrote: »

Don't think you can claim that in your own country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if he got the points or was told to drive on....

I wonder does he has a valid licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Don't think you can claim that in your own country
    It differs from state to state; not sure what the position is in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Did Big Phil do anything legal last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

How can an Irish Citizen have diplomatic immunity. That's really taking the biscuit.
    So he literally doesn't have to respect the law of the land because he works for the EU of which Ireland is a member?
    Surely not.

You could be right. He didn't convince though and it turned into a shambles.

Maybe it was a reward for trying to push it through.

I think if you were part of the British team you would be glad he was representing the EU. Lots of cards to play

MI5 likely have a nice thick folder on our esteemed diplomat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What?

Individual commissioners are appointed by national governments and only the commission president is consulted.

Individual commissioners are nominated by national government, the commission president then designates a portfolio and they they have to go before the European Parliament where they present their policy and are questioned by MEPs. Two nominated commissioners were rejected by the European Parliament last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Could they rewrite Big Phil into The Wire or Breaking Bad...be a great character

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 shipposter

I worked from home and did fook all last week. Meanwhile Phil breaking the law left right and center.

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Could they rewrite Big Phil into The Wire or Breaking Bad...be a great character

Shameless might be more apt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

jm08 wrote:
    Individual commissioners are nominated by national government, the commission president then designates a portfolio and they they have to go before the European Parliament where they present their policy and are questioned by MEPs. Two nominated commissioners were rejected by the European Parliament last year.

Neither of them were golfers I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Lethal weapon 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Phil Hogan kidnapped Shergar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Lundstram wrote: »

Probably shot JR too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

MI5 likely have a nice thick folder on our esteemed diplomat.

In fairness he's not alone. There's plenty on both sides with skeletons.

What I can't understand is this idea that he's indispensable. If he had his way he would be at the WTO now.

Shergar was never kidnapped,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Certainly,it's just keeps getting better for big Phil.

Next we'll probably find out he has a call girl in the car with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

He probably organised to have him minced for lasagna the chancer.
    Horse as beef and not one of the fcukers got a stint in jail for it.pure fcukin fraudsters

In fairness he's not alone. There's plenty on both sides with skeletons.

What I can't understand is this idea that he's indispensable. If he had his way he would be at the WTO now.

No one is indespensible but FG don't want Biffo or Caleary going in his place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Iodine1 wrote: »
    He worked his way into a powerful position of influence in Europe. We need him there and his replacement will not be Irish, most likely. He has apologised, he was definitely misled, and he should NOT resign over it. He's good at the job and we need him there.
    sabine weynard is the real chief, hogan is the figurehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Next we'll probably find out he has a call girl in the car with him.

Hands free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If he was entitled to diplomatic immunity here (as an Irish citizen in the Irish state , that is doubtful) do you think Phil Hogan would be issuing excuses and apologies? S(ame goes for the EU on his behalf) Big Phil would just tell all and sundry that theh are plebs, and to get phucked, and then turn off his phone off guffawing at it and muttering under his breath.

I don't think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

shipposter wrote: »
    I worked from home and did fook all last week. Meanwhile Phil breaking the law left right and center.

can you please tell me what law he broke - I'll give you a grand if you can link even one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

What a week we have in store and the Dail should be back the following week.

MM and Leo will look very foolish if Trickle doesn't go. Leo must have known he was in Kildare before he went to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Phil Hogan is actually Lord Lucan in disguise

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Mr Indispensable now I hear, Johnny Logan has had more success in Europe than Phil.

Advertisement