Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

silver2020 wrote: »
    can you please tell me what law he broke - I'll give you a grand if you can link even one for me.

Driving whilst on his mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if he got the points or was told to drive on....

Independent reporting he was issued with a caution i.e waved on....quelle surprise:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Certainly,it's just keeps getting better for big Phil.

Next we'll probably find out he has a call girl in the car with him.

Call girl, rent boy and a hermaphrodite dwarf, oh and a sheep for afters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Ursula says Big P phone home..... there’s more twists in his story.... was in Kildare, went to Dublin then Kilkenny and stayed there till Galway. Oh no no went to Dublin for important business, oh yep hang on, was stopped for using a mobile in Kildare, oh ****e, better come clean on that so too........
    but yep done nothing else wrong, nothing at all, sorry for you if you’re upset, off now back to my big ould office in Brussels.....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

how did the story break about him being stopped on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sweet Jesus you couldnt make this up!

Stopped by Guards for being on his phone in Kikdare + then headed to Galway! How many rules/ laws did he break here before he even got to Galway.

I hope the Guards who stopped him gave him penalty points then we will have evidence he was in Kildare yet went to Galway.

Did he tell the Guards going to Galway + they knew he was breaking rules + let him drive on?

A lot of questions need to still be answered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He went on what is basically shaping up to be a fucking crime spree.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1297629847141982213?s=20

I'm going to wait at the airport until he's leaving for Brussels and make a citizen's arrest. I'll film it and post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Independent reporting he was issued with a caution i.e waved on....quelle surprise:rolleyes:

Drew looking up positions in Belarus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Can you not imagine how bad the country will get if the public are choosing who presides over courts and who is the top cop in the country?

They would still need to be qualified.
    I'd rather some process devoid of political interference and cronyism.
    As seen by the golf piss up the judiciary, the senate, (supposed watchdogs of government) and government are way too cosy. They are supposed to keep checks on each other.

s1ippy wrote: »
    He went on what is basically shaping up to be a fucking crime spree.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1297629847141982213?s=20

I'm going to wait at the airport until he's leaving for Brussels and make a citizen's arrest. I'll film it and post it here.

I think he’s gone back....he has work there in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 shipposter

can you please tell me what law he broke - I'll give you a grand if you can link even one for me.

Using mobile phone while driving. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What's worse is I would bet a substantial amount of money his car has full integrated blutooth phone connection built in but the wreckless prick didn't see the need to learn to use it as he believes he is above the law. He's a prime example of everything that's wrong in Irish politics (I know we didn't elect him to current position)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Problem is fudging aka lying about one thing, gives zero credibility to the rest of the things you swear are true......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Hope the Guard who let him drive on without giving him a fine and points is punished. Feckers taking cars off people for having no tax. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He will not resign. End of story

He will have to be kicked out, and good luck to Von der Leyen on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hogan stopped by gardaí for using phone while driving

I'll pm my revolut username.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

jm08 wrote: »
    Individual commissioners are nominated by national government, the commission president then designates a portfolio and they they have to go before the European Parliament where they present their policy and are questioned by MEPs. Two nominated commissioners were rejected by the European Parliament last year.

Do you know what positions the refused were nominated for?
    Does anyone know why he was chosen for Agriculture above others?

Drew looking up positions in Belarus?

It’s where he’d mysteriously have ended up if big Phil had ended up with penalty points ;);)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Commissioner Dundee staring Phil (Paul) Hogan.

Hogan return's from Belgium to infiltrate a secret golf society. The plan hits a snag when his Invitation is kept in a county under lockdown. He gets lured into a trap by a shady Hotel Manager but manages to escape back to Belgium using he local knowledge of the land.

Winner of 2 Golden Handshake awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Phoebas wrote: »
    Would likely be entitled to diplomatic immunity.

Sorry, that's only for diplomats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Well done to that Garda that stopped him and reported it up to those above him. And credit to Drew Harris for passing the information on. They could easily have hidden that away.

Well done to that Garda that stopped him and reported it up to those above him. And credit to Drew Harris for passing the information on. They could easily have hidden that away.
    Well done my arse. He let him away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hogan will stay in the EU. He will brazen it out. like he did in Doha with his paramour.

Can anyone state when an EU Commissioner was sacked before now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hogan must be a SF plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Lundstram wrote: »
    Well done my arse. He let him away with it.

Did he ****, he's landed him in far more ****e than a few meaningless penalty points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I’m surprised that such an important man has to drive himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'd say it's possible to get to co. Galway from Kilkenny without going via co. Kildare, but seems like mr Phil just drove there to see if he'll be pulled over by the Gardai.

Did he ****, he's landed him in far more ****e than a few meaningless penalty points.
    We would never have known about it only for golfgate. The Garda obviously knew who he was and let him off because of it.

Was a big deal that Cowen drove on a learners permit but now its not a big deal to drive while using a phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

I’m surprised that such an important man has to drive himself.

Probably fancied a drive don the leather gloves and listen to the soup dragons

Advertisement