Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Actually not even that, 4.9 or perhaps 5 million at best. Unless theres 1 million undocumented hiding here who are invisible to the authorities?

Sorry, keep forgetting norther Ireland is not the same country. Thanks. :D

Is the timing of this not very suspect? EU and UK in a deadlock over the Brexit deal.
    Worst case for Ireland is a no deal. EU and UK prepared to walk and trade purely on WTO terms.

That would be a disaster for the republic and not in our national interest for a myriad of reasons. Looks like Phil wasn't playing ball, didn't have his hand on the scales enough. Nothing like getting pulled over to preserve the national interest.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/brexit-uk-time-wasting-makes-deal-unlikely-says-barnier-1.4335703

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭feelings

Why is Darragh only calling for Phil to resign? Why not any minister, TD or senator who attended that event? Come on Darragh, do better. :rolleyes:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0824/1160880-phil-hogan/

Oh dear. FG are going for it. Very interesting rhetoric too.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

i got no caution i got points and a fine 60 quid 3 points i am not as menacing as hogan he probably told the cop he look after him ! typical FF politics cute hoorism its in their genes they are genitically modified cnuts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Michael MArtin on Claire Byrne Radio 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

titan18 wrote: »
    I mean they also had someone break covid rules, and a spokesman said they didn't see the issue as a resigning matter.

“It was a private decision he made, he made the decision to go in a private capacity, we don't think it would be a resigning matter," the spokesman said. “We would prefer if he hadn't gone on holiday. In hindsight it's a decision he regrets and he wouldn't make it again.â€

Seems like they should say the same about Hogan then.

Who was that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

How likely is it that he or anyone else attending the dinner wasn't aware there were other guests on the far side of the partition?

Ah stop. The partition was open and people were going in and out between the 2 spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Missed that, tell us more. What did this person do? Were they at Clifden? Link?

One of their councillors travelled to Spain in July.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/social-democrats-councillor-hugely-regrets-going-on-holiday-to-spain-for-two-weeks-39459303.html

Michael Martin saying he also heard Phil Hogan was let away with a caution when stopped by the Gardai....is that even legal????????

Never heard of him. What an absolute idiot. I hope he loses his councillor seat next time out. I would kick him out of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

he was told by the dept of justice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Ah stop. The partition was open and people were going in and out between the 2 spaces.

Sounds like the northern Irish border pre Brexit no deal.
    The irony is palpable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is there anyway of finding out if Hogan got points his licence for the using the phone whilst driving offence ?

Pretty sure I read that he got a warning, and sent on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Dident Phil Hogan instigate all these water charges , back in the day, then that was a flop ......

No, Fine Gael did. He just took the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Michael Martin saying he also heard Phil Hogan was let away with a caution when stopped by the Gardai....is that even legal????????

I think guards have to apply common sense in some situations. E.G if you pull over somebody from speeding and see they have a sick child in the car and are rushing to the hospital, do you give them points for speeding? Not saying that was the situation with Hogan but I would imagine there are situations that need a bit of leeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I mean they also had someone break covid rules, and a spokesman said they didn't see the issue as a resigning matter.

“It was a private decision he made, he made the decision to go in a private capacity, we don't think it would be a resigning matter," the spokesman said. “We would prefer if he hadn't gone on holiday. In hindsight it's a decision he regrets and he wouldn't make it again.â€

Seems like they should say the same about Hogan then.

What rules were broken by them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Same day.

Also in Cliften. Post now deleted.

524079.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryCosg/status/1297623958116851722?s=20

Denis O'Brien also owns the nearby Ballynahinch Castle.

I hate this stupid billionaire cúntry, they should all be stripped of their wealth and it should be distributed to everyone who lost their jobs. Centuries after English oppression were still allowing ourselves be subjugated like this.

To all those of you who lost your jobs (my partner is included, and I had to switch career because mine would have put me in danger), why do we accept the sh!t that they make us eat??

jm08 wrote: »

Let's not rewrite history now. See this post.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114404093

Phil was sly enough to cut and run and leave a god awful mess behind (Alan Dukes said that).

Never heard of him. What an absolute idiot. I hope he loses his councillor seat next time out. I would kick him out of the party.

Ya, sadly, none of the parties can hold a moral high ground here around Covid rules. Every one of them have broken them at some point or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

MM signaling big Phil is safe it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Read on RTE last night that it is legal. The Gardai have some discretion on it.

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    Same day. Hmmm.

That’s where the golf course is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

i got no caution i got points and a fine 60 quid 3 points i am not as menacing as hogan he probably told the cop he look after him ! typical FF politics cute hoorism its in their genes they are genitically modified cnuts..

Hogan is/was FG. Just highlights the more worrying point - they are all the same!. None of the main parties are capable of delivering the change in political standards demanded by the electorate, SF included.

We are left with no choice or hope for the next general election.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What rules were broken by them?

I posted the link a few posts ago. They had a councillor travel to Spain despite the whole don't travel to foreign countries thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jm08 wrote: »
    That's not completely true. It was at the behest of the Troika. He was the one who pushed to have both the local tax and water charges in their entirety through. He oversaw the creation of IW and was the reason the LPT was passed on to Revenue. Why do you think he was exiled to Europe? Since then he's done well at his job but he's not one of ours any more, just an EU Commissioner who happens to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

MM signaling big Phil is safe it seems

Sounds like it alright

At least the helicopters knew to social distance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sounds like it alright

He seems to be hinting to big Phil if he does an interview then all is good for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Hogan is/was FG. Just highlights the more worrying point - they are all the same!. None of the main parties are capable of delivering the change in political standards demanded by the electorate, SF included.

We are left with no choice or hope for the next general election.

That's not fair. Two people have resigned over it. Barry Cowen resigned over the license issue. That's accountability and a change from what went on in the past.

Hogan doesn't come under their control. They're pretty much powerless to remove him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Read on RTE last night that it is legal. The Gardai have some discretion on it.
    Yeah it depends what mood they are in and the paperwork I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

s1ippy wrote: »
    Same day.

Also in Cliften. Post now deleted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryCosg/status/1297623958116851722?s=20

Hmmm.

LOL <-- I can only LOL at this stage.
    Statement #7 incoming

Advertisement