Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

elperello wrote: »
    That would be the free Chinese media?

Great bunch of lads.

Doesn't matter.

The snide comment was that this was news of interest in other countries but it is.

It is irrelevant who is reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Pelezico wrote: »
    You must be bored looking at the international implications of golf do.

Did you ever break the covid rules?

No I didn't and you posting here yourself so and only able for limp comments so how bored are you yourself?

It is more than a "golf do". If you can't understand something that simple there isn't much hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭feelings

I don't get this either. Not much being made of it.
      h2005 wrote: »
      Weird that Noel Grealish isn’t under pressure here too. Seems to have gotten away with it

1. Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Phoebas wrote: »
      The Chinese people must be outraged.

?s=fatherted&e=S03E01&i=S03E01-9xX6pzvU&t1=IT%27S%20THE%20IRISH%20THEY%27RE%20AFTER!&t2=

2. Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Doesn't matter.

The snide comment was that this was news of interest in other countries but it is.

It is irrelevant who is reporting it.

Oh it matters all right.

When the Chinese Communist Party does something there's always an agenda.

The news in China is not what people want to hear but what they are allowed to hear.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I heard Dick Spring was at it but I did not see him on the table list.

yeah Spring and Enda Kenny both played golf. Spring on the Tuesday and Enda on the Wednesday. Irish Examiner reported that there was also a dinner arranged for the Tuesday night of the 2 day event but that dinner got cancelled, it was supposed to be in a different hotel than the Station House in Clifden. This is them quoting Galway West TD Noel Grealish who is also refusing to resign.
      Why wasn't Hogan given penalty points for using the mobile?

GARDA DISCRETION! GARDA DISCRETION! GARDA DISCRETION! Now shut up with asking yer awkward questions or they'll have a file created for you in Tulsa with all sorts of allegations.

5. Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

h2005 wrote: »
      Weird that Noel Grealish isn’t under pressure here too. Seems to have gotten away with it

Independent TD, answerable to no-one except the voters at the next election.

6. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

elperello wrote: »
      Oh it matters all right.

When the Chinese Communist Party does something there's always an agenda.

The news in China is not what people want to hear but what they are allowed to hear.

No it doesn't matter.

The poster tried to claim it was not international news. It is.

I could have provided other examples but the fact it has gone as far as China was all I needed.

And I do not need to be educated about China. I've lived and worked there and actually know what it is like from those experiences and from knowing Chinese people but thank you anyway.

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Tony Connelly with some background to Hogans EU position
      https://www.rte.ie/amp/1161001/?__twitter_impression=true

8. Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Phoebas wrote: »
      I doubt this is playing on the Belgian equivalent of Liveline.

Neither here nor there, however...
      Von der Leyen se penche sur le cas du commissaire au Commerce après le non-respect des règles irlandaises contre le coronavirus

La présidente de la Commission européenne, Ursula Von der Leyen, examine les explications du commissaire au Commerce, Phil Hogan, sur sa participation à un dîner de gala qui enfreignait les règles irlandaises de lutte contre le coronavirus. "La présidente a reçu dimanche soir un rapport du commissaire Hogan. Nous l'examinons et nous avons déjà demandé des explications complémentaires au commissaire", a indiqué lundi une porte-parole de la Commission.

Le sexagénaire irlandais a assisté au dîner du club de golf Oireachtas mercredi soir. Organisé pour les 50 ans du club de golf du Parlement avec 82 invités, l'événement a fait scandale et conduit plusieurs personnes à la démission, dont le ministre de l'Agriculture Dara Calleary.

La Libre

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

s1ippy wrote: »
      I

Phil Hogan, EU Commissioner for Agriculture

F'd up Irish Water, Mercosaur deal, earns about €340k per year before expenses, been dining out on taxpayer money since a decade ago (I especially like the last article, he's down the bottom)

How many times has it to be said that Hogan was not the EU Trade Commissioner for the Mercosaur deal? Cecilia Malmstrom was EU Trade Commissioner from 1 November 2014 – 30 November 2019. Mercusaur Trade Deal was agreed on 28 June, 2019.

Hogan did not become EU Trade Commissioner until 1 December, 2019.

11. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Tony Connelly with some background to Hogans EU position
      https://www.rte.ie/amp/1161001/?__twitter_impression=true

It would appear von der Leyen is a person of integrity and whats this sorted out properly and not going to dismiss or brush it under the carpet.

Fair play to her

12. Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

It would appear von der Leyen is a person of integrity and whats this sorted out properly and not going to dismiss or brush it under the carpet.

Fair play to her

She had had her own troubles

https://m.dw.com/en/german-defense-ministry-illegally-wiped-phone-data-of-ursula-von-der-leyen/a-51764162

13. Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Fair play to her

She had had her own troubles

https://m.dw.com/en/german-defense-ministry-illegally-wiped-phone-data-of-ursula-von-der-leyen/a-51764162

14. Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

jm08 wrote: »
      How many times has it to be said that Hogan was not the EU Trade Commissioner for the Mercosaur deal? Cecilia Malmstrom was EU Trade Commissioner from 1 November 2014 – 30 November 2019. Mercusaur Trade Deal was agreed on 28 June, 2019.

Hogan did not become EU Trade Commissioner until 1 December, 2019.

He's pro the deal, otherwise he wouldn't have got the job or been proposed for it in the first place.

15. Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

What difference would thee be between him leaving for another job and leaving in disgrace?

How would that affect negotiations ?

Would the EU team be tormented and upset by taunts from the UK team?:rolleyes:

Purely the fact the one can be planned for to some extent as when anyone leaves their job to take up another and the other (edit being removed, or told to resign before you are pushed!) happens right out of the blue. Would have thought that was obvious.
      That was it. :rolleyes: to you too!

16. Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Sorolla wrote: »

Good find. This is what's wrong with the EU. Unelected officials.

From the article
      "Von der Leyen, who was plucked from Angela Merkel's cabinet and elevated to the European Commission presidency in the summer, spent millions of euros of the German defense budget on consultancy contracts, as part of efforts to re-equip the German military during her six-year tenure"

17. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Sorolla wrote: »

I'll re-phrase.

Maybe not integrity, just she wants an easy life after that incident.

Either way whatever Hogan told her so far is not satisfactory and Connelly's article makes it clear she wants this sorted out so nothing comes back to bit her later.

18. Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Independent TD, answerable to no-one except the voters at the next election.

Is he the old mad racist dude?

19. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

fly_agaric wrote: »
      Purely the fact the one can be planned for to some extent as when anyone leaves their job to take up another and the other (edit being removed, or told to resign before you are pushed!) happens right out of the blue. Would have thought that was obvious.
      That was it. :rolleyes: to you too!

They just get on with it the same as in any job or business.

He is just one cog in a machine.

Hogan is clearly not "indespensible" to either Ireland or the EU.

20. Advertisement
    21. Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

someone suggesting the rear helicopter is Irish aircorphttps://www.facebook.com/abbeyglencastlehotel/posts/3186101311437422?__cft__[0]=AZVyVI_j81bHgZ7qu9qLcbux287I5s715uxR05YxR4zd9r2pT4tXkLMkSkcnN7bLZ8TDhUCW9oxo-dkN9QIHe6FATw5yUPDqzcX5sqT7uJoM7C7jG_D6lKdUEd25xWZ36dwIvoZWfwepMBifixRnRKs0qqPsvqEhdXwMgP4Gdij1wg&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R im not so sure

22. Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

They just get on with it the same as in any job or business.

He is just one cog in a machine.

Of course...no one or almost no one is irreplacable but it's not exactly helpful to the task when someone (esp. the "boss") gets whacked by a bus (or maybe that should be a golf club) is it?

23. Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Where does big Phil have the apartment in Kildare? What would he need that for? Does he not live in Brussels and Kilkenny?

24. Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Where does big Phil have the apartment in Kildare? What would he need that for? Does he not live in Brussels and Kilkenny?
      It's in the K Club so no marks for guessing why!

25. Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Channeling a little P.?
      "I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime when you have a couple of cars and three houses and three homes and a few housekeepers".

26. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

fly_agaric wrote: »
      Of course...no one or almost no one is irreplacable but it's not exactly helpful to the task when someone (esp. the "boss") gets whacked by a bus (or maybe that should be a golf club) is it?

Who is the boss?

Hogan could drop dead and they'd just cart in some else and everything will carry on.

So if he goes it makes no difference how he goes

And maybe it makes a difference to Ireland having an Irish person in that job because they could influence something for us out of patriotism but that is clearly not Hogan - he is a selfish person who puts himself before anyone else. He didn't care able the car crash he cold have sued or about running over someone while he was on the phone.

He does no good for this country

27. Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Is he the old mad racist dude?

Has anyone seen the Grealish comments?

He is desperate to hang it all on the Golf Society president , Donie Cassidy.

Mentions him loads of times in his comments.

28. Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I am hearing that there was in fact a pre-dinner or pre-golf drinks in the Abbeyglen hotel as well. They are keeping very quiet about it.

I also heard that Hogan did not stay in the Station House hotel where the dinner was. It was below his standards.

29. Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

someone suggesting the rear helicopter is Irish aircorphttps://www.facebook.com/abbeyglencastlehotel/posts/3186101311437422?__cft__[0]=AZVyVI_j81bHgZ7qu9qLcbux287I5s715uxR05YxR4zd9r2pT4tXkLMkSkcnN7bLZ8TDhUCW9oxo-dkN9QIHe6FATw5yUPDqzcX5sqT7uJoM7C7jG_D6lKdUEd25xWZ36dwIvoZWfwepMBifixRnRKs0qqPsvqEhdXwMgP4Gdij1wg&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R im not so sure

Eurocopter AS355N (EI-LOW) is registered to Executive Helicopters Ireland (Galway)....
      Chartered helicopter, nothing unusual in that

Too hard to tell what the one furthest away is

30. Advertisement
    31. Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Has anyone seen the Grealish comments?

He is desperate to hang it all on the Golf Society president , Donie Cassidy.

Mentions him loads of times in his comments.

It's in the Examiner.

Advertisement