Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Eurocopter AS355N (EI-LOW) is registered to Executive Helicopters Ireland (Galway)....
    Chartered helicopter, nothing unusual in that

Too hard to tell what the one furthest away is
    yeah the occupant of the orange and blue helicopter posted his approach in the comments of that fb post, some finance guy.

you can actually see a guy walking up the hill from the rear helicopter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

how does a man earning over 300k not have a Bluetooth kit for the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

irishgeo wrote: »

Don't be asking questions, don't you know he has more pressing issues to attend to than connect his phone to Bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Or encrypted soft copies of important documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How did he get let off with a caution is what I'd like to know.

I've been done a few times over the years (yeah I'm an idiot, no excuse) for holding my phone to my ear when driving, never once did I get a caution, fine each and every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

McMurphy wrote: »
    How did he get let off with a caution is what I'd like to know.

I've been done a few times over the years (yeah I'm an idiot, no excuse) for holding my phone to my ear when driving, never once did I get a caution, fine each and every time.

What’s it to be Gard- pint or a transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Because its a hire car maybe! He is resident in Belgium for about the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Has anyone seen the Grealish comments?

He is desperate to hang it all on the Golf Society president , Donie Cassidy.

Mentions him loads of times in his comments.

And it should be all hung on wiggy Cassidy, he should not have organized it and a man of his age and corrupt nature should be cocooning

jm08 wrote: »
    Because its a hire car maybe! He is resident in Belgium for about the last 5 years.

Which means he just didn't bother because he didn't fear any consequences like the rest of us do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Great news Aine Brady ceo third age(unavailable for comment) will redouble her efforts to continue to find positive outcomes for older people over the coming period.. Mighty alltogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wouldn't be one for defending the government and this type of carry-on but, Jesus if you were to get an invite to something like that, you'd assume that the organisers had done everything they needed to do to ensure it complied with the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Which means he just didn't bother because he didn't fear any consequences like the rest of us do

Do people who hire cars in Ireland think like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Wouldn't be one for defending the government and this type of carry-on but, Jesus if you were to get an invite to something like that, you'd assume that the organisers had done everything they needed to do to ensure it complied with the restrictions.

Who were the organisers?

Why would you make that assumption?
    Everyone know the one about assumptions......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

4cjhxe.jpg

Do people who hire cars in Ireland think like that?

I connect my Bluetooth when I temp change work vehicle or get a hire one for service

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sean o'Rourkes return to RTE as a contractor has now been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

The new restrictions had already been announced.

It was obvious that there was more than that at the dinner which means it obvious that the organisers were not complying.

There is no excuse, they just wanted to because they think they can

It was not hard for Enda Kenny to see the event was wrong. He left.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Muahahaha wrote: »

Heat is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I called a taxi last year in Greece and asked specifically for a child booster seat at the rear for one of my kids who was 4 at the time.

Taxi arrived next morning, and I assumed with booster seat, but when we checked the taxi firm didn't send it in the taxi.

You know what I did? I refused to take the taxi, and waited for an hour or so for the replacement, with aforementioned booster seat.

Their excuses doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

So the only thing stopping you from using your phone in the car is the fine and points you might get, not the risk you'd pose to innocent lives? :mad:

/end faux outrage
    /off high horse
    /sarcasm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

s1ippy wrote: »
    I was very suprised by that, Enda obviously has half a brain in his head that he can see that it would be absolutely slated in the media if discovered.

I did a bit of digging about the people who were at the dinner.

Table 1

Noel Grealish, Galway West Councillor
    https://www.thejournal.ie/noel-grealish-racism-4888276-Nov2019/
    https://www.galwaydaily.com/news/new-report-shows-one-galway-td-renting-six-properties/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/galway-west-result-65-9-vote-for-repeal-including-four-islands-1.3509876
    Racist, Property Mogul, Anti-Repeal

Dara Calleary, former Agriculture Minister briefly, Calleary political dynasty (father was the late Séan)
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/d%C3%A1il-voting-scandal-to-be-investigated-by-ethics-committee-1.4076050
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dara-calleary-arson-michael-noonan-1551491-Jul2014/
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20407947.html
    Had Lisa Chambers vote for him in the Dáil, was Junior Finance Minister for part of the crash and tried to blame it on everyone else, looks like Iago from Othello

Phil Hogan, EU Commissioner for Agriculture
    https://www.thejournal.ie/phil-hogan-irish-water-1659203-Sep2014/
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/phil-hogan-farmers-must-accept-that-mercosur-strikes-a-balance-and-involves-compromise-38272841.html
    https://www.thejournal.ie/phil-hogan-salary-eu-commissioner-1665311-Sep2014/
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-20217892.html
    F'd up Irish Water, Mercosaur deal, earns about €340k per year before expenses, been dining out on taxpayer money since a decade ago (I especially like the last article, he's down the bottom)

Noel and Bernadette Dempsey, former Minister turned consultant, wife is secretary

https://www.thejournal.ie/noel-dempsey-fianna-fail-minister-meath-2408215-Oct2015/
    Left politics because he made awful decisions that shafted everyone and felt terrible. Now he gives advice about how to make awful decisions that shaft everyone and keeps his wife on the books.

It's just a laundry list of terrible, awful, corrupt, rich, reprehensible pricks.

The real stand out there is the 100k Sean Quinn paid for a wedding cake... Well, of course he didn't pay for it, one of his companies did.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Muahahaha wrote: »

Just about to post that.

He annoys me the most in this. All those types he was snoring at the politicians and he is just as bad as any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Great news Aine Brady ceo third age(unavailable for comment) will redouble her efforts to continue to find positive outcomes for older people over the coming period.. Mighty alltogether

She needs to go. She's really undermined the advocacy. Third age will suffer as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Uriel. wrote: »
    The real stand out there is the chance 100k Sean Quinn paid for a wedding cake... Well, of course he didn't pay for it, one of his companies did.
    Sean Quinn? Is there anyone who can't be implicated in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phoebas wrote: »
    So the only thing stopping you from using your phone in the car is the fine and points you might get, not the risk you'd pose to innocent lives? :mad:

/end faux outrage
    /off high horse
    /sarcasm

The poster said consequences, plural. Causing a crash, stopped by AGS maybe before you state what you think the poster was saying would it not have been better to ask them to clarify what these consequences they fear are?
    High horse indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

So break the law?? Try driving without winter tyres in Germany in winter or without a breakdown triangle in parts of Europe. I use an MPOW Bluetooth earpiece. €30 on Amazon.

He surely endeavours to obey the law in of each of the MS or is he a pure thug altogether?

Phoebas wrote: »

/end faux outrage
    /off high horse
    /sarcasm

Good one!

I do it because it takes seconds and means I can concentrate on my driving, save lives and be compliant with the law like everybody else

What's Phil's excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Uriel. wrote: »
    She needs to go. She's really undermined the advocacy. Third age will suffer as a result.

Husband ex td, herself ex td, 2 brothers ex tds, father former td, shes well dug in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Methinks this whole episode is moving from the initial GUBU to Big Phil having an 'upon mature recollection' moment...

Ursula can't unsee what she sees and, as a journeywoman, she'll find herself a new Commish fairly quickly if warranted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Husband ex td, herself ex td, 2 brothers ex tds, father former td, shes well dug in

It always astonishes me why Irish voters reward dynasty politicians to this extent. I get it happens somewhat in other democracies, but bar somewhere like India (where the Indian National Congress party is comically blighted by family nepotism), I'd argue Ireland is the developed country most tolerant of this kind of thing.

Advertisement