Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Latest: Phil says he was told twice by IHF. IHF said otherwise this morning but we're deliberately vague.
    https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1297947433683607552?s=19

Hanging the hotel group again
    Asking twice? Why?

elperello wrote: »
    What gave you the impression that I was trying to educate you?

I have enough to do educating myself.

This is a discussion forum and I just post my own opinions.

If they don't align with yours no problem.

You just picked a bad example that's all, no big deal.

No it was a good example.

Never said anyone's opinions had to align

What gave me the impression you thought you could educate me? Your post did.

That should be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

It's on Euronews right now. Catch it on repeat in an hour.

Darren McCaffrey is the reporter.
    https://twitter.com/DarrenEuronews/status/1297633062604464132?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I am not entirely sure about this, he made an ignorant stupid comment to a lady at (surprise surprise) a golf event.

He is also credited with introducing a gender quota of minimum 30% female candidates in a general election.

I'm label confused here, is he misogynist feminist?

The correct label is a big b*ll*x.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

It's on Euronews right now. Catch it on repeat in an hour.

Darren McCaffrey is the reporter.

Caught the end of it

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No it was a good example.

Never said anyone's opinions had to align

What gave me the impression you thought you could educate me? Your post did.

That should be obvious.

I still don't think a report from a country with no free press and no democracy is a good example.

No, I said opinions don't have to align.

There was nothing in my post that could reasonably be taken to mean that I thought I could educate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

An Ri rua wrote: »
    The correct label is a big b*ll*x.

What he sad to that lady in 2012 does not make him a misogynist

Just a foul-mouthed moron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Hogan must go.

He's no morals or respect now from the people of Ireland.
    Ah you're gas

• Advertisement

Hanging the hotel group again
    Asking twice? Why?

They might force them to take the fall for it.

The IHF Spx said on Claire Byrne this morning that they did not give any instruction either way on the event.

Their recommendation to their business members was to follow the status quo.

They then said that that the guidelines that had just come in wouldn't have been effective immediately even though the Taoiseach had said they were because they would have to have been transcribed into practical measures that their members could implement.

Claire Byrne challenged him on this saying that it would be against the spirit of the guidelines to interpret them this way but he was adamant that they would need to be transcribed before being implemented and that had not been done before the event took place

I still don't think a report from a country with no free press and no democracy is a good example.

No, I said opinions don't have to align.

There was nothing in my post that could reasonably be taken to mean that I thought I could educate you.

It was in response to the claim there was no interest in the foreign press. It doesn't matter whether the press is free or not

I never said people had to agree with each other

Well you would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I am not entirely sure about this, he made an ignorant stupid comment to a lady at (surprise surprise) a golf event.

He is also credited with introducing a gender quota of minimum 30% female candidates in a general election.

I'm label confused here, is he misogynist feminist?

Just on this, Von Der Leyen wanted all nominating states to put forward both male and female Commission candidates. Varadkar and Phil baulked at this.

I don't believe for a second Hogan is what anyone would recognise as a feminist.

They might force them to take the fall for it.

The IHF Spx said on Claire Byrne this morning that they did not give any instruction either way on the event. Their recommendation to there business members was to follow the status quo.

That is very true.

If IHF had had any contact from Phil Hogan that spokesman would have said so

More Hogan lies

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Denny61

Give it a rest all of ye and move on ..its yesterday's news

Yurt! wrote: »
    Who knows what his working relationship with Ursula Von Der Leyen is. You can take it as read that at the very least she wasn't impressed at his attempts to score the big job at the WTO. And Big Phil isn't exactly known for his tactful and graceful treatment of the opposite sex.

She is a powerful individual, has been in the Brussels mix for decades with the firm backing of all the core states and may well assist him on onto his sword.

Phil may have met his Waterloo (which is a mere 30 minutes drive from Hogan's Brussels quarters).

Nice:D

It was in response to the claim there was no interest in the foreign press. It doesn't matter whether the press is free or not

I never said people had to agree with each other

Well you would say that.

I think only a free press should be considered in this context.

It would be a dull world if we did.

Quote the bit that offended you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

That is very true.

If IHF had had any contact from Phil Hogan that spokesman would have said so

More Hogan lies

More likely he said to the receptionist, 'is this place okay? And she said, 'Yeah, it's grand. '

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Who knows what his working relationship with Ursula Von Der Leyen is. You can take it as read that at the very least she wasn't impressed at his attempts to score the big job at the WTO. And Big Phil isn't exactly known for his tactful and graceful treatment of the opposite sex.

She is a powerful individual, has been in the Brussels mix for decades with the firm backing of all the core states and may well assist him on onto his sword.

Phil may have met his Waterloo (which is a mere 30 minutes drive from Hogan's Brussels quarters).

The commissioner is highly regarded in the EU.

At the beginning of this year I met an outgoing commissioner from another EU state at a function and when he discovered I was a country man of the Commissioner he had nothing but praise for him.

We are lucky to have such an experienced and competent Irishman sitting at the top table of the commission.

Leo and Michael are fool putting him under pressure.

He did nothing wrong.

He attended a function that was also attended by the Ambassador of Morocco.

Why do Leo and Michael not call upon the Ambassador to resign?

We are a nation of gobshîtes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Latest: Phil says he was told twice by IHF. IHF said otherwise this morning but we're deliberately vague.
    https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1297947433683607552?s=19

The event organisers (according to the linked tweet) or the IHF? Two very different organisations.

• Advertisement

I think only a free press should be considered in this context.

It would be a dull world if we did.

Quote the bit that offended you.

You can think whatever you like

Again - at no point did I say or imply people have to agree. You brought that up

I never said I was offended. Show me where I' spotted to have said this

Sorolla wrote: »

At the beginning of this year I met an outgoing commissioner from another EU state at a function and when he discovered I was a country man of the Commissioner he had nothing but praise for him.

We are lucky to have such an experienced and competent Irishman sitting at the top table of the commission.

He did nothing wrong.

Were you holding the canapés tray wearing a waistcoat and bow-tie by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Just on this, Von Der Leyen wanted all nominating states to put forward both male and female Commission candidates. Varadkar and Phil baulked at this.

I don't believe for a second Hogan is what anyone would recognise as a feminist.

I don’t agree with your statement.
    His team is predominately female.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/commissioners/2019-2024/hogan/team_en

He did nothing wrong.

How is Ireland lucky that that this has a job that has no benefit for Ireland?

He did nothing wrong? I think you have overlooked a lot of the news reports on this.

How does the ambassador of Morocco being there make this okay? It just means the ambassador of Morocco is a big thick too

On Euronews again. This time top of the hour.

I think this repeats every twenty or so mins so you can catch it again soon enough.

Their talking to Hugh O Connell on it now. He's taking the credit for the story it seems. He was on Rte prime time the night the examiner broke the story.

And that is no guide whatsoever that he is a feminist. In fact, his “team” ie members of the cabinet, are split 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He did nothing wrong.

Doffs the hat as big Phil passes.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Binders full of women as the well known feminist trailblazer Mitt Romney once famously quipped.

• Advertisement

You can think whatever you like

Again - at no point did I say or imply people have to agree. You brought that up

I never said I was offended. Show me where I' spotted to have said this

Great, thanks.

I did.

So were'e good to go so.

Advertisement