Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

On Euronews again. This time top of the hour.

I think this repeats every twenty or so mins so you can catch it again soon enough.

Their talking to Hugh O Connell on it now. He's taking the credit for the story it seems. He was on Rte prime time the night the examiner broke the story.

Hugh is married to Kate O Connells sister I think.
    She has form to
    https://gript.ie/fg-td-silent-on-low-and-vulgar-comments-made-by-her-staff/

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

elperello wrote: »
    Great, thanks.

I did.

So were'e good to go so.

Typo from a faulty keyboard .

I was asking you to show me where I'm supposed to have been offended

We will be ""good to go" once you do that

Hugh is married to Kate O Connells sister I think.
    She has form to
    https://gript.ie/fg-td-silent-on-low-and-vulgar-comments-made-by-her-staff/

Who is Kate O'Connell ?

Who is Kate O'Connell ?

Ex TD. Lost her seat in GE. She's in Simon Coveneys camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Typo from a faulty keyboard .

I was asking you to show me where I'm supposed to have been offended

We will be ""good to go" once you do that

I thought you were offended that I was trying to educate you.

I could have got the wrong end of the stick if so we are at cross purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Field east

Sorolla wrote: »
    The commissioner is highly regarded in the EU.

At the beginning of this year I met an outgoing commissioner from another EU state at a function and when he discovered I was a country man of the Commissioner he had nothing but praise for him.

We are lucky to have such an experienced and competent Irishman sitting at the top table of the commission.

Leo and Michael are fool putting him under pressure.

He did nothing wrong.

He attended a function that was also attended by the Ambassador of Morocco.
    I
    Why do Leo and Michael not call upon the Ambassador to resign?

We are a nation of gobshîtes.

UVD Leyden, in my opinion is having a good laugh over all of this golf business. I bet anyone that she has already asked her office to download the other post on the matter -200 pages to date- for comic reading during her downtime.
    No doubt what happened Was very unfortunate but the over reaction in some cases, the words used and sometimes very rude/ crude, etc, etc will make for reviving reading. She will have to get some Irish person to explain some of them to her - not big Phil because he might put a slight slant on them in his favor!

I thought you were offended that I was trying to educate you.

I could have got the wrong end of the stick if so we are at cross purposes.

So now you are saying that you were trying to "educate" me.

Make up your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Parnell was on the way to achieving Home Rule when his career was brought to an end by short sighted political friends

The Commissioner is on his way to achieving an amazing Brexit deal for us that will bring prosperity to this Island for generations to come

Why, oh why can we not learn from history.

Let bygones be bygones

Let’s look to a bright future.

Field east wrote: »
    UVD Leyden, in my opinion is having a good laugh over all of this golf business. I bet anyone that she has already asked her office to download the other post on the matter -200 pages to date- for comic reading during her downtime.
    No doubt what happened Was very unfortunate but the over reaction in some cases, the words used and sometimes very rude/ crude, etc, etc will make for reviving reading. She will have to get some Irish person to explain some of them to her - not big Phil because he might put a slight slant on them in his favor!

For them he's no.longer a safe guy to be around. They will weigh up the risk of him bringing them down in future if not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Parnell was on the way to achieving Home Rule when his career was brought to an end by short sighted political friends

The Commissioner is on his way to achieving an amazing Brexit deal for us that will bring prosperity to this Island for generations to come

Let bygones be bygones

You need to read more history:)

• Advertisement

Let bygones be bygones

Can you explain this in a bit more detail?

Let bygones be bygones

How so?. I thought it was precarious, not a guaranteed great deal and prosperity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭elperello

So now you are saying that you were trying to "educate" me.

Make up your mind

What I meant to say was I thought you were offended because you thought I was trying to educate you.

I wasn't as I said already.

How so?. I thought it was precarious, not a guaranteed great deal and prosperity.

Do you think that is Hogan?:rolleyes:

What I meant to say was I thought you were offended because you thought I was trying to educate you.

I wasn't as I said already.

You are saying that now but I don't know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Let bygones be bygones

Will we be twirling towards freedom as well?

Do you think that is Hogan?:rolleyes:

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Phil Hogan's cheerleaders on here are giving two fingers to decent ordinary people with every post they make. And why wouldn't they?
    An Ri rua wrote: »
    It's hard to beat the blue shirt thug out of a blue shirt b*stard (but it is doable).

Social media "Echo chamber" effect in full force as ye egg each other on in the padded room that is this thread, it is a bit like a struggle session or something.

I hope you'll all be able to get over it without acting out in public if he does keep his position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never has the term '**** yourselves into a frenzy' been more apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Never has the term '**** yourselves into a frenzy' been more apt.

You didn't pick that up off of 'Ireland's Own'.
    Maybe 'Our Boys' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

If Phil can't bat this off, he should not have his current job.

I hope he does what needs to be done. Already, the controversy is winding down. Leaving cert will be class warfare.

The SC judge should not be on golf days with members of Oireachtas. His days are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

kippy wrote: »
    Who were the organisers?

Why would you make that assumption?
    Everyone know the one about assumptions......

Wiggy Cassidy organized the whole thing and anybody who is unfortunate enough to know that buffoon knows that he literally couldn’t organize a p1ss up in a Connemara hotel, the man is an imbecile and he is being let off scot free as always

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Wiggy Cassidy organized the whole thing and anybody who is unfortunate enough to know that buffoon knows that he literally couldn’t organize a p1ss up in a Connemara hotel, the man is an imbecile and he is being let off scot free as always

Donie is a great lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Let bygones be bygones

What in the name of high school football is this drivel? On his way to achieving a great Brexit deal me whole, the mercurser deal is provisionally signed by the EU and the fat controller stood back and did nothing even though it would ruin Irish farmers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im hearing reports that the Moroccan government are furious with the ambassador and have moved to cut his allowance of Ferrero Rocher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

What in the name of high school football is this drivel? On his way to achieving a great Brexit deal me whole, the mercurser deal is provisionally signed by the EU and the fat controller stood back and did nothing even though it would ruin Irish farmers

We can’t have it both ways, farmers are always out looking for new markets to trade too but are nothing but scaremongering when it comes to imports. Ultimately vote with your wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

They are like that unmarried couple we all know who have a few kids, been together years, have a big dirty mortgage and just haven’t made it all official in the eyes of God yet.

They have been hand in hand in government for years now, Hopefully after this golfgate nonsense dies down we can drop the illusion of FG and FF being separate parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Pelezico wrote: »
    Donie is a great lad.

Hair hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Only one story is dominating in the Brussels bubble, and it’s the fallout from the fateful golf soirée in Clifden"

wow

Advertisement