Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im hearing reports that the Moroccan government are furious with the ambassador and have moved to cut his allowance of Ferrero Rocher

Jaysus, they are furious!!!

What in the name of high school football is this drivel? On his way to achieving a great Brexit deal me whole, the mercurser deal is provisionally signed by the EU and the fat controller stood back and did nothing even though it would ruin Irish farmers

Do not be too harsh and maybe Sorrolla will what it is he is on.

And Hogan does look like Sir Topam Hatt (you can't say Fat Controller anymore :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

so ya'll get big phil's scalp ok... who replaces him? does ireland still keep the agriculture portfolio?

by all i've heard hes pretty good at his job over there. Get your scalp & replace with who? Luke ming? we'll all become hash farmers will we?

so what they had a shindig down in cliffden fair balls to them. its going on all over the country in house parties etc etc. they got cought so what. I think the whole media reaction is bull**** tbh, let him back over to brussels & get on with doing his job.
    regarding him being caught on the phone by a gaurd? big deal, how many here are perfect drivers? never break speed limit? never sneak a quick look whilst stopped at the lights? always keep left unless overtaking?

I'll gaurantee 95% of the people calling for his scalp are no holier than himself.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,336 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Denny61 wrote: »
    Give it a rest all of ye and move on ..its yesterday's news

Perhaps you should give it a rest, and not direct others what to do or say. If you have a problem with a post or poster, report it and leave the modding to the mods

SC024 wrote: »
    so ya'll get big phil's scalp ok... who replaces him? does ireland still keep the agriculture portfolio?

by all i've heard hes pretty good at his job over there. Get your scalp & replace with who? Luke ming? we'll all become hash farmers will we?

so what they had a shindig down in cliffden fair balls to them. its going on all over the country in house parties etc etc. they got cought so what. I think the whole media reaction is bull**** tbh, let him back over to brussels & get on with doing his job.
    regarding him being caught on the phone by a gaurd? big deal, how many here are perfect drivers? never break speed limit? never sneak a quick look whilst stopped at the lights? always keep left unless overtaking?

I'll gaurantee 95% of the people calling for his scalp are no holier than himself.

Once again I will ask - what difference does an Irish person in the EU Commission make to Ireland?

They cannot show favouritism to Ireland.

And Hogan is only interred in himself.

• Advertisement

hes not even an irish official? he's an empoyee of the EU wtf is the big hullaballoo about?

Surely theres more important things ya'll can vent about?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

hes not even an irish official? he's an empoyee of the EU wtf is the big hullaballoo about?

Surely theres more important things ya'll can vent about?

Is Hogan a Irish citizen and Passport holder?

The Belly wrote: »

I imagine so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

If the EU commision was a democracy then we would could replace him with the candidate who had the most votes.

if the EU commision was a democracy If we was able to vote and Luke ming got the majority of votes then yes.

I'll gaurantee 100% of the EU commison was selected and not elected.

Whats behind the mask is now slowly being revealed, the working of the unelected selected elite called the EU commission.

I imagine so?

Well then the rules apply to him as they do to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Yeah they don't apply to him or us, he didn't break any laws apart from using his phone whilst driving, which he should have got points for.

I understand people thinking he is a b*ll*x but what is it that they want the Irish government to do about it?

Yeah they don't apply to him or us, he didn't break any laws apart from using his phone whilst driving, which he should have got points for.

I understand people thinking he is a b*ll*x but what is it that they want the Irish government to do about it?

We will see how it pans out but it highlights one thing. You cant act with impunity in a position of power and believe that they are no repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You sound angry. This is Phil Hogan's own making. The public didn't force him to break several rules. If he can't follow simple guidance he's a liability and likely to mess up in other aspects of his job. Think of it like the opposite of transferable skills. Not only that but some of his claims have been alarming such as the leaving of work documents in Kildare. This news story has travelled all around the world and nuggets like that will make him look a liability to some of
    the EU's adversaries.

mick087 wrote: »
    If the EU commision was a democracy then we would could replace him with the candidate who had the most votes.

if the EU commision was a democracy If we was able to vote and Luke ming got the majority of votes then yes.

I'll gaurantee 100% of the EU commison was selected and not elected.

Whats behind the mask is now slowly being revealed, the working of the unelected selected elite called the EU commission.

so your issue is with the way in which the eu works?

hes not an employee of the irish government tho? by that logic if willie walsh gets caught running an orange light next week do we get him to resign & disappear?

Will you leave your job if it comes out that you had 7 people in your house over the weekend ? will you fck lol

smurgen wrote: »
    You sound angry. This is Phil Hogan's own making. The public didn't force him to break several rules. If he can't follow simple guidance he's a liability and likely to mess up in other aspects of his job. Think of it like the opposite of transferable skills. Not only that but some of his claims have been alarming such as the leaving of work documents in Kildare. This news story has travelled all around the world and nuggets like that will make him look a liability to some of
    the EU's adversaries.

not at all angry i dont get the hysteria over it all tbh

It not hysteria. It behaviour that is not good enough from someone that should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Of course just look at the big ignorant Kilkenny head on him

so your issue is with the way in which the eu works?

Well when ones talks about Luke Ming who may i say is an elected man, wouldnt be my choice but elected never the less, who could also be romoved from his job.
    This man is surrounded by a commision who was unelected with more power than he would have and no accountability to no one.

Then its your comment that has an issue with democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

I think his arrogance is astounding but his reaction and sketchy details don’t surprise me at all.
    That being said, he won’t lose his fat cat job in Europe over it, but he’s done. I predict once his current run ends that’ll be the end of him in Europe. He’ll have to move to a private corporation.
    There’s a trust issue here, and that won’t be forgotten down the line.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    I think his arrogance is astounding but his reaction and sketchy details don’t surprise me at all.
    That being said, he won’t lose his fat cat job in Europe over it, but he’s done. I predict once his current run ends that’ll be the end of him in Europe. He’ll have to move to a private corporation.
    There’s a trust issue here, and that won’t be forgotten down the line.

I think your right i think he will get to keep his job.

There is an opportunity for change here but on this occasion it wont be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

hes not an employee of the irish government tho? by that logic if willie walsh gets caught running an orange light next week do we get him to resign & disappear?

Break an orange light? No

But if he sat with 82 people together on a plane with no social distancing, then yes

If Phil was simply caught on his phone then while he was here, it would be newsworthy but most likely not a resigning offence

Again, Phil hogan

- broke local lockdown restrictions
    - broke the law by driving whilst using a phone
    - broke government restrictions on indoor gatherings
    - ignored a significant weather warning

and has a very dubious story around quarantine

That’s a lot for a normal person but for someone who’s party is a part of government, it’s a disgrace. Coming at a time of mixed government messages on restrictions and general public fatigue....

Again, Phil hogan

- ignored a significant weather warning

OK, with this I think we've gone full 'Outrage'.

Can we move back to fighting the virus spread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

https://news.sky.com/story/anti-riot-police-storm-paris-bar-during-champions-league-final-12055365

Hysteria eh?

Riot police storm Paris bar during Champions League final over no social distancing
    Riot police burst into a bar to remove people who were not wearing masks or who were failing to follow social distancing rules

Willie walsh is the same as anyone else
    Will you leave your job if it comes out that you had 7 people in your house over the weekend ? will you fck lo

But i dont have 7 people in my house so whats your point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

OK, with this I think we've gone full 'Outrage'.

Can we move back to fighting the virus spread?

81 people in a hotel having a piss up ignoring the rules would help the virus spread

81 people in a hotel having a piss up would help the virus spread

If covid was so dangerous then the people that attended would be the first to know so why did they attend? It wasn't a crowd of young people having a party.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    https://news.sky.com/story/anti-riot-police-storm-paris-bar-during-champions-league-final-12055365

Hysteria eh?

Riot police storm Paris bar during Champions League final over no social distancing
    Riot police burst into a bar to remove people who were not wearing masks or who were failing to follow social distancing rules

A pity that wasn't the Guards at Clifden.

The Irish government have done it - now the rest is up to to Hogan's boss.

The judiciary are already taking action about Woulfe.

RTÉ has severe ties with O'Rourke

Irish government need to turn their attention to the rest of the thicks at th dinner, to the management of the club and hotel involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s moving slowly but at least it’s moving. Aine Brady and Brian Hayes should be next for public scrutiny, the sort big Phil is getting. How someone can head up an elderly organization and travel from a banned location in these dangerous times for the elderly is unacceptable as his her silence.
    Grealish is definitely setting Cassidy up for something too, Captain turning on President after the captains prize was canceled- wouldn’t surprise me.

Advertisement