Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHIL HOGAN NEEDS TO RESIGN.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

Tony Connelly's saying Phil gave 20 pages to EU. He's blaming IHF for saying event was ok to go ahead.

If a few of the 20 documents consist of the various announcements after the last cabinet meeting, the total confusion as expressed by the public, the Joe Duffy/ Live Line tapes on the matter, the shifting of the start date for the new recommendations, etc, etc, I can see Urcela Von Leyden throwing both hands and feet - hoping she is wearing a trousers suit- into the air.
    I could hear her saying “ My head is fried from all of that. What confusion it must’ve for the ordinary Irish citizen. Get back to work. Sorry about this miniscul hiccup in the much greater scheme of things”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Field east wrote: »
    If a few of the 20 documents consist of the various announcements after the last cabinet meeting, the total confusion as expressed by the public, the Joe Duffy/ Live Line tapes on the matter, the shifting of the start date for the new recommendations, etc, etc, I can see Urcela Von Leyden throwing both hands and feet - hoping she is wearing a trousers suit- into the air.
    I could hear her saying “ My head is fried from all of that. What confusion it must’ve for the ordinary Irish citizen. Get back to work. Sorry about this miniscul hiccup in the much greater scheme of things

Ongoing events say different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

From all accounts there were a load of Garda cars outside the event.

The new restrictions said there could be no indoor events with more than 6 people.

The only exception was weddings where it remained 50.

The Gardai thought Phil and friends were at a wedding???

It was the turning a blind eye to the phone he was using while driving I was mad at.
    Don't think I would of got off so lightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

It was the turning a blind eye to the phone he was using while driving I was mad at.

You 100% would have got a fine and penalty points. And you would have deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

"History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes"

https://twitter.com/HeritageGalway/status/1297603706079326210?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Roads policing in Ireland in general is absolutely rubbish and piles of people get off with a warning for all manner of offences. That is if they even bother to pull over blatant rule breaking at all. About the only thing you don't have a shot at a warning for is drink driving.

Though its not an excuse. He's a fool and everyone should be punished more severely for phone use while driving. But I don't think its a grand conspiracy - we just don't take it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Tony Connelly's saying Phil gave 20 pages to EU. He's blaming IHF for saying event was ok to go ahead.

"It was just resting in my account"

These lads are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Did a long drive across the country yesterday - why does no one use indicators on roundabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Phil Hogan was in Limerick day before mandatory isolation due to expire https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40037582.html#.X0UM6OcP9_U.twitter

its not he scandal its the cover up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Roads policing in Ireland in general is absolutely rubbish and piles of people get off with a warning for all manner of offences. That is if they even bother to pull over blatant rule breaking at all. About the only thing you don't have a shot at a warning for is drink driving.

Though its not an excuse. He's a fool and everyone should be punished more severely for phone use while driving. But I don't think its a grand conspiracy - we just don't take it seriously.

Agreed. But alot of times in my experience there are certain people who the rules do not apply too when the gardai are
    involved. Hogans slap on the wrist is a prime example.

• Advertisement

Phil Hogan was in Limerick day before mandatory isolation due to expire https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40037582.html#.X0UM6OcP9_U.twitter

Wonder has he included that in his report to Ursula.

Released at 14:04. Timing is everything. Well played. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You 100% would have got a fine and penalty points. And you would have deserved it.
    Podge_irl wrote: »

The issue here is Garda discretion being part of policing in Ireland.

Most of us support it when we benefit and oppose it when someone we don't like benefits.

As long as it is there a grey area exists.

The whole concept is worthy of a further discussion of it's own.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Wonder has he included that in his report to Ursula.
    yes but not the first and second, third time he tried to explain his movements

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mick087 wrote: »
    Run effectively for who, and servings who's interests?
    Who would they be accountable to?

Well Phil is accountable to Ursula so thats a relief :D

Looks if we were to worry about things like accountability nothing would work in the EU and the head of the ECB wouldnt be able to threaten finance ministers about bombs going off unless they did what they were told :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

elperello wrote: »
    You are no doubt sincere and obviously persistent.

If you really want to challenge powerful people and their followers you will find it's a more complicated task than it first appears.

Its called the vote the most powerful tool we have.
    Unfortunately the unelected EU commissioners position of power will never be challenged by my vote or any other EU citizens vote.

Changes is never easy it can be a life long struggle.
    Look at all the insults the sneer comments i have had because i don't agree. People wont be fooled by such deflections forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if he did a tour of the Wild Atlantic Way stopping at every golf course along the way.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if he did a tour of the Wild Atlantic Way stopping at every golf course along the way.

Wouldn't Doonbeg be the icing on the cake:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

He's turning into a bit of a Zelig figure alright. Where was he when Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was poisoned, that's what I want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus Christ Phil, what's next? You stopped off in Kildare to pick up Shergar's skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Read up on Ursula, she’s no paragon of virtue. Big Phil is going nowhere

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Wouldn't Doonbeg be the icing on the cake:pac:

Only if the man himself was home and they played the back nine together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Get the notion that the big thick gulldy that can't be sacked is being used as a distraction, there were people there whose presence causes a huge conflict of interest. Brian Hayes for instance, had no errand being there, theres a retired judge who may now require his entire case history reviewed. There's a sitting judge who can't sit in a court again.
    How many of these cosy little gatherings have happened in the last while?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

golfball37 wrote: »
    Only if the man himself was home and they played the back nine together

One of the sons would probably suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mick087 wrote: »
    Its called the vote the most powerful tool we have.
    Unfortunately the unelected EU commissioners position of power will never be challenged by my vote or any other EU citizens vote.

Changes is never easy it can be a life long struggle.
    Look at all the insults the sneer comments i have had because i don't agree. People wont be fooled by such deflections forever.

One vote on it's own is limited in it's power to effect change.

You are of course correct that we don't have a vote to elect EU Commissioners and we have had quite a discussion why that is the case.

Personally I have never identified a cause that I was willing to devote a life long struggle to.

I have spent shorter intensive periods working for change in different areas with varying levels of success.

I'm sorry you feel you were insulted or the victim of sneering comments.

Oh my days.

He ate in the limerick hotel in full view of others.
    He was stopped by a Garda in Kildare.

How the hell does he think that these things won’t come out? And there’s people here saying he is clever?

Get the notion that the big thick gulldy that can't be sacked is being used as a distraction, there were people there whose presence causes a huge conflict of interest. Brian Hayes for instance, had no errand being there, theres a retired judge who may now require his entire case history reviewed. There's a sitting judge who can't sit in a court again.

It’s classic deflection and Paddy is swallowing it hook, line and sinker. I’m more interested in people residing here like Hayes and Aine Brady and what was their business there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Bambi wrote: »
    Well Phil is accountable to Ursula so thats a relief :D

Looks if we were to worry about things like accountability nothing would work in the EU and the head of the ECB wouldnt be able to threaten finance ministers about bombs going off unless they did what they were told :)

Yes i can sleep safely in my bed knowing the commissioners are accountable to Ursla.

Its frighting to think some people want to live in a society where powerful people have no accountability to its citizens.

Brian Hayes doesn't work for the state anymore, the Oireachtas Golf Society is due to be disbanded, the retired judge is retired(his cases do not need to be reviewed) and the other judge is being investigated.

^^^^^ dish the dirt, golfball. If anyone knows what they chatted about, it’s you and your ball friends :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

EU Commissioner Phil Hogan stayed in a Limerick hotel and ate at a restaurant in Adare on August 12, one day before his 14-day isolation period was due to expire.

Multiple sources have confirmed to the Irish Examiner that Mr Hogan stayed in the Dunraven Arms Hotel on the night before he played a round of golf at Adare Manor.

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

I cant wait for the movie. :D

Who could play Phil??

Advertisement